Bienemy Market Cold

4 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

If im the chiefs im absolutely denying them to interview nagy for OC. That’s essentially a sidewise move for nagy, doesn’t make sense

It's still a promotion so I doubt Chiefs have a say in it other than the timing. If you mean just making him the OC for next season I'm on board with the idea. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

It's still a promotion so I doubt Chiefs have a say in it other than the timing. If you mean just making him the OC for next season I'm on board with the idea. 

I'd be on board too except I just don't see Andy telling EB, "hey it's been a nice ride but there's the door good luck." Bienemy would have to be the one to move on...just don't see that happening.

9 hours ago, xen said:

I dont think you can deny if it's a higher ranking job.

I think they can tho give a timeline with the caveat .."after  our season is over"

EB can decline it if he's under the impression he'll get his contract renewed here too. His reply could be a clue.

Colts requested to interview Giants OC Mike Kafka for their head coaching vacancy.

Kafka is emerging as a hot name in this coaching cycle, with the Panthers and Texans having already requested to interview him. The Giants' strong performance against the Vikings in the Wild Card Round won't hurt Kafka's chances of landing a head coaching job. Kafka has served as the Giants' play caller as well as their offensive coordinator. He was previously the Chiefs' quarterbacks coach and passing game coordinator.

JIM HARBAUGHHC, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
8361.jpg

University of Michigan president Santa Ono announced via Twitter that Jim Harbaugh will return to Michigan to coach in 2023.

Despite multiple reports that Harbaugh could leave Michigan after this season, the veteran head coach will return to Big Blue again in 2023. Harbaugh continues to entertain NFL head coaching jobs, and was closely linked to the Vikings last offseason before opting to return to campus. Harbaugh entertaining NFL offers will likely be a yearly occurrence until he either returns to the league or 

6 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Colts requested to interview Giants OC Mike Kafka for their head coaching vacancy.

Kafka is emerging as a hot name in this coaching cycle, with the Panthers and Texans having already requested to interview him. The Giants' strong performance against the Vikings in the Wild Card Round won't hurt Kafka's chances of landing a head coaching job. Kafka has served as the Giants' play caller as well as their offensive coordinator. He was previously the Chiefs' quarterbacks coach and passing game coordinator.

If Kafka get's an HC job, that would be something. I remember when you all didn't want to see him go. 

16 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Let's see if he'll eventually return to work with Mahomes. I remember the news about them working well together and pretty sure Mahomes will have a say in the new HC.

15 hours ago, sith13 said:

Let's see if he'll eventually return to work with Mahomes. I remember the news about them working well together and pretty sure Mahomes will have a say in the new HC.

If I'm understanding you correctly, that could be awhile or maybe never. Depends on Kafka being hired and being successful or unsuccessful. 

8 hours ago, qnet said:

If I'm understanding you correctly, that could be awhile or maybe never. Depends on Kafka being hired and being successful or unsuccessful. 

I guess there was not enough context :) I believe Kafka will end up being a Reid-type HC as he keeps going and once Reid retires he'll likely be in the mix for the vacant job. 

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

..and you're an expert on cold bodies.  

Whenever somebody would die in the hospital, a common phrase was that they had "cooled."  If somebody that was in room 416B died, they would call the morgue and say that patient 416B, bed 2 "cooled." Sounds pretty awful, but slang develops in any kind of business.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Whenever somebody would die in the hospital, a common phrase was that they had "cooled."  If somebody that was in room 416B died, they would call the morgue and say that patient 416B, bed 2 "cooled." Sounds pretty awful, but slang develops in any kind of business.

Interesting tidbit.  Thanks for sharing Fmbl!  

Here is another one that is funny.  In fact, after all these years it is still funny.  Whenever we would receive a specimen from surgery, a few specimen types were special.  When a lower leg amputation was done for vascular disease, we called it "receiving a klunk" named for the sound it made when set down on the exam table. The assistant would come in my door, and say, "hey, we have a klunk for you."  It seems like every day on sugical pathology, we would get at least one klunk.

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Here is another one that is funny.  In fact, after all these years it is still funny.  Whenever we would receive a specimen from surgery, a few specimen types were special.  When a lower leg amputation was done for vascular disease, we called it "receiving a klunk" named for the sound it made when set down on the exam table. The assistant would come in my door, and say, "hey, we have a klunk for you."  It seems like every day on sugical pathology, we would get at least one klunk.

The donors of the klunks were probably hopping mad. 

21 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Yes!  My Mom always told me that one day I would be cool.  All of these years I thought she was lying.  Thanks, Mom!

• 2 weeks later...

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:
Colts Wire

Eric Bieniemy ‘very much in running’ for Colts head coach job

Just hope it isn't typical NFL posturing:

"We're taking a serious look at EB. We ain't actually gonna HIRE him... but we're taking a SERIOUS look, to show how not racist we are."