Bienemy Market Cold

53 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Correct but according to what's reported that's the pick they are giving up for Payton so they won't have a pick till the 3rd round.  

It’s either going to work and they won’t mind having very little draft stock going forward OR they will be hurting for years.  As long as they beat the Chiefs not many Donkey fans will care.

3 hours ago, mex said:

How is signing a contract worth millions and accepting a challenge stupid? Hell it's a no-lose situation if ever there was one. He's already got a built in excuse.

well  JMO here but  if Snack Bar cares about his legacy and doesn't want to end up  like  Stram, Ditka or Bum Phillips for that matter(curiously all's  last job was with the Saints) ending on a down note instead of  an up note the Donks is one of the last places I'd go. Surely ( I know dont call you Shirly) he can be choosey on who he wants to coach for or even IF. He's got to be making a nice stressless few Mil on TV.

I just looked it up  ol SP is hauling in $10M year on TV now WTF?

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Strong hire. Gave up significant draft comp to get him. So they won't be drafting in the first 2 rounds this yr or next.

Only two ways this can go.  Either Payton revives Wilson's career and the Donks become competitive or Wilson is beyond getting back to his peak performance and Denver is stuck for three years with a mediocre QB and no picks or cap space to rebuild.  I'll take door number two.  

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

well  JMO here but  if Snack Bar cares about his legacy and doesn't want to end up  like  Stram, Ditka or Bum Phillips for that matter(curiously all's  last job was with the Saints) ending on a down note instead of  an up note the Donks is one of the last places I'd go. Surely ( I know dont call you Shirly) he can be choosey on who he wants to coach for or even IF. He's got to be making a nice stressless few Mil on TV.

From a pure coaching and lifestyle standpoint... Denver wouldn't be a bad gig. Hell of a lot better than NOLA.

10 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Money n ego.  He watched Brees throw for 5000 yds at Wilsons age so I'm sure he thinks he can get the same out of Russ.  JMO but i think its going to go more the Jimmy Johnson in Miami route at the end of Marinos career.  Besides money he is probably getting  a ton of control as well

13 hours ago, mex said:

From a pure coaching and lifestyle standpoint... Denver wouldn't be a bad gig. Hell of a lot better than NOLA.

Hey! NOLA was my home for 4 years, and it was a total hoot. Of course, I was in college and playing music down there.  Different kind of place for sure.

On 2/1/2023 at 3:14 PM, Okiechief1 said:

Besides money he is probably getting  a ton of control as well

This may be the key. He can already make good money on TV but instead choosing to work harder for may be a bit higher. I think his focus is to add to his legacy while getting paid. Definitely not the ideal landing spot but for that money his ego probably gives him a boost about that offense's capabilities. 

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

REU-USA-43.jpg

That's when I was there. 65-69.  I played in the New Orleans Saints Jazz Band for the Saints games in 66 and 67.  They were gawdawful then, except for the QB, Archie Manning.  Oh, wait!  I forgot.  It was Billy Kilmer, not Manning.

A crazy place in a crazy time.  That's how I got so demented.  Of course I don't think Mardi Gras has changed.  That guy in front is stone cold sober compared to most of them.

25 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

That's when I was there. 65-69.  I played in the New Orleans Saints Jazz Band for the Saints games in 66 and 67.  They were gawdawful then, except for the QB, Archie Manning.  Oh, wait!  I forgot.  It was Billy Kilmer, not Manning.

A crazy place in a crazy time.  That's how I got so demented.  Of course I don't think Mardi Gras has changed.  That guy in front is stone cold sober compared to most of them.

HOLY FUCK YOUR OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, arthur75 said:

HOLY FUCK YOUR OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is, but Bil is the best. 

Not many have earned the security cleance to visit Area 52... ol' mex is one of them. 

Never got to see THE HAT... but just being in the same building with it for a few hours made me exceptionally clairvoyant for the next three hours. Too bad it wore off before I could get to Vegas.