Bienemy Market Cold

14 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

So, you think he thinks he could get fired?? After a super bowl run? Let get REALLY wild in our speculation.  How about Chiefs win the super bowl, Andy Reid announces his retirement completely shocking the football world, Bienemy becomes the new HC, and Nagy stays as his OC ready to take over if Bienemy fails.

He wont be FIRED.  He and the team will announce that EB is moving on to seek new opportunities with the team's blessings and they wish him the best.  He's not under contract after this month anyway.  None of us know what the relationship is between Reid, Mahomes, and EB.  But Nagy didn't come to the Chiefs to remain without a meaningful title.  I think Diehard has it exactly right. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

He wont be FIRED.  He and the team will announce that EB is moving on to seek new opportunities with the team's blessings and they wish him the best.  He's not under contract after this month anyway.  None of us know what the relationship is between Reid, Mahomes, and EB.  But Nagy didn't come to the Chiefs to remain without a meaningful title.  I think Diehard has it exactly right. 

You may be right, but none of us really know.  Nagy might have come to be OC in anticipation that EB would be signed as HC for someone this season.  Reid has obvously been very vocal about EB's qualifications and pissed that no one hired him the last couple of years.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

You may be right, but none of us really know.  Nagy might have come to be OC in anticipation that EB would be signed as HC for someone this season.  Reid has obvously been very vocal about EB's qualifications and pissed that no one hired him the last couple of years.

Here's betting that Reid has a good handle on whether teams are serious about hiring EB as a head coach.  He may be disappointed, but probably not surprised.  Reid has a connection in nearly every NFL organization. 

I don't think he has any chance of being our HC if Andy retires.  I'm not sure Mahomes loves him....i could be way off but they seem to but heads and don't see eye to eye.  I also wonder if Mahomes respects him.  After Kelce came out and all but said Andy Reid is the one calling the plays and basically EB us the relay man which seems redundant.  Mahomes is always begging the plays to come in faster which is slowed down by that added relay.  Maybe its nothing and it very well could be nothing but I don't think Mahomes would want that.   I think he would be more in the Nagy as HC camp.

I think Mahomes respects him, but if there is frustration, it is because Mahomes is a gunslinger, wants to win by passing, is great at it, and wants to make more decisions.  EB loves the running game, and I have agreed that we need to run more, but I can't argue with the results. Mahomes has gotten better by listening more and trying to balance his game.  But yes, I think he and EB butt heads sometimes. And they should sometimes. Andy Reid would not risk his reputation and credibility by touting somebody for a HC who he actually thinks would make his own recommendation look sillyI trust EB, because Andy Reid says he is a fine HC prospect.

On 2/7/2023 at 6:07 AM, Fmbl2187 said:

I think Mahomes respects him, but if there is frustration, it is because Mahomes is a gunslinger, wants to win by passing, is great at it, and wants to make more decisions.  EB loves the running game, and I have agreed that we need to run more, but I can't argue with the results. Mahomes has gotten better by listening more and trying to balance his game.  But yes, I think he and EB butt heads sometimes. And they should sometimes. Andy Reid would not risk his reputation and credibility by touting somebody for a HC who he actually thinks would make his own recommendation look sillyI trust EB, because Andy Reid says he is a fine HC prospect.

Never really looked at it from the coaching perspective but Reid has always been a players' coach so I wouldn't be surprised if he values his staff's progression than his own reputation. 

lots of buzz about the Commanders wanting him for OC...not so much about the Colt's  HC job tho BUT THEN they have not hired an HC either should be an interesting week after the SB.

Tenn has their new OC so the losing EB or Nagy to them are off the table

5 hours ago, robgar said:

II thiink he iis the next colts head coach, and there waitiing to anounce it untiil after the superbowl. 

That would be amazing!  Two more third round picks would be great and give us even more ammo to move up with the draft in KC this year!

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

“Interim coach Jeff Saturday still hasn’t been eliminated, per sources, though team owner Jim Irsay (who’s believed to be Saturday’s biggest backer in the building) has let it be known that GM Chris Ballard is the one making the final decision on a head coach.”

That might bode really well for us.  Not holding my breath but I did find it odd they interviewed him and no one really knew about it until a good bit after the fact iirc.

I really thought this was EB's job .. the guy cant catch a break now I actually feel sorry for him

The Indianapolis Colts held an extensive search looking for their new head coach, but the team has reportedly made a decision and will hire Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator Shane Steichen, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I have been reading the Washington wires for the last few weeks. If they dont hire EB  after ALL THE Coverage he has gotten on their different wires...something is seriously wrong

I mean, even though he's kept his nose clean for the last decade or so... he's still got a pretty embarrassing record as a young man and as a recruiter at CO. Teams remember that shit and are cautious for good reason.

17 minutes ago, mex said:

I mean, even though he's kept his nose clean for the last decade or so... he's still got a pretty embarrassing record as a young man and as a recruiter at CO. Teams remember that shit and are cautious for good reason.

I dont buy that or he'd never of gotten 16 interviews in the first place. There are enough black candidates  to fulfil the Rooney rule without adding him ad nauseum 

57 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I dont buy that or he'd never of gotten 16 interviews in the first place. There are enough black candidates  to fulfil the Rooney rule without adding him ad nauseum 

and yet...