Jags vs. Chargers

Chiefs' divisional opponent will be decided Sat.  I'd rather face the Jags and think they have a real shot to win the wildcard game.  The decision to play the regulars by Staley may have bitten the Chargers.  Williams is "day to day and we'll see how it goes",  (sound familiar?) and Bosa isn't talked about yet.  Slater is still out and the Chargers will have to shake off that beatdown they took against the Jags earlier.  BTW:  Has any team had more injuries over the past several years than the Chargers?

Jags came a long way but I don't see them going any further, they have some solid players but as a team they probably need at least another year to be a viable playoff opponent. They have a nice streak that includes some questionable opponents but may be that's enough to give them a push we'll see.

I wouldn't rule out some others as our possible opponent though. Both Miami and Baltimore could make surprises.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Jags came a long way but I don't see them going any further, they have some solid players but as a team they probably need at least another year to be a viable playoff opponent. They have a nice streak that includes some questionable opponents but may be that's enough to give them a push we'll see.

I wouldn't rule out some others as our possible opponent though. Both Miami and Baltimore could make surprises.

Ha!  No f'ing way Buffalo loses to Miami, or anyone else, for that matter.  This is "their year."

3 hours ago, SEMO said:

Ha!  No f'ing way Buffalo loses to Miami, or anyone else, for that matter.  This is "their year."

Agree that MIA is no competition for the Bills, but the Bengals are a different story.  if the Chiefs get to the AFCCG, either the Bills or Bengals will have had to survive a very tough divisional game just like the Chiefs did last year.  I see three elite teams in the AFC with LAC able to knock one off with a perfect game or turnover advantage. 

13 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Agree that MIA is no competition for the Bills, but the Bengals are a different story.  if the Chiefs get to the AFCCG, either the Bills or Bengals will have had to survive a very tough divisional game just like the Chiefs did last year.  I see three elite teams in the AFC with LAC able to knock one off with a perfect game or turnover advantage. 

KC facing the Chargers will not be easy. Any of these four teams can go all the way. 

20 hours ago, SEMO said:

Bills look to be the strongest opponent around. Miami is much weaker but they have some weapons against a secondary that is somewhat weak. I don't expect them to win but any team could surprise any other at this point.

Also with Miller out, who wrecked havoc against our line, the Bills defense hasn't been at the same level as the first half of the season. They have been giving up way more points.

There are only 2 teams that scare me. 

1. Bengals--They seem to have our number. And they are very talented on offense. Unless we are in Burrows face and sacking him almost every passing play I think they will remain undefeated against the Chiefs. But I also think we are due to win a game against them. So this game will be a toss up

2. Chargers-They always play us tough and like I said with the Bengals they may be due for a win against the Chiefs. 

The Bills make me a little nervous but I do not think they are the same team that beat the Chiefs earlier in the year.  

Best case scenario for Kc is the Jags beat the Chargers and by some miracle the Dolphins beat up the Bengals then the Bills beat them and the Chiefs play the Bills on a neutral site.

21 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Best case scenario for Kc is the Jags beat the Chargers and by some miracle the Dolphins beat up the Bengals then the Bills beat them and the Chiefs play the Bills on a neutral site.

If the dolphins win, I think they are our 1st opponent.  We get the lowest remaining seed. 

I am a believer of "Any Given Sunday"  . I would like the Jags to beat the Bolts.  If they are missing Williams and Bosa,  The Chargers are in trouble.  

As far as the Bengals and Bill's games,  it is going to really depend on what kind of production Miami and Baltimore get out of their quarterbacks that fill in.  If these guys play well and have the game of their lives,  then watch out.  Any NFL level quarterback has the ability to light a team up ,  if they get time to throw the ball.  I am not saying they will,  but the games have to be played to see.  The media seems to want to think both games will be blowouts.  If the Benals and Bills go into the game believing that,  they are going to get beat !  

12 hours ago, xen said:

Not that hard.  Don't turn the ball over.  We lost 3 games, by 4, 3 and 3 points (10 total freakin points).  In all 3, turnovers did us in (with a side order of missed kicks in all 3).

but xen... that implies our defense hasn't lost games for us.

I have it on good authority our defense totally sucks.

Jags 27, Chargers 24.  Staley gets fired for getting Williams hurt needlessly the previous week.  

Other prediction:  If the Chargers win, Williams will have a spectacular recovery in time to toast the Chiefs' young DBs. 

Related question:  Do we want to see an upset in one of the other games so the Chiefs play BAL or do we want to see the Bills and Bengals beat each other up in the divisional round?  

45 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Jags 27, Chargers 24.  Staley gets fired for getting Williams hurt needlessly the previous week.  

Other prediction:  If the Chargers win, Williams will have a spectacular recovery in time to toast the Chiefs' young DBs. 

Related question:  Do we want to see an upset in one of the other games so the Chiefs play BAL or do we want to see the Bills and Bengals beat each other up in the divisional round?  

Spectacular recovery then subsequently reinjured again in the 1st quarter but i do agree with your jags chargers prediction. 

I kinda wanna see Bills Bengals.  IMO Bengals are the ones that came out of this worse than anybody and i would like to see them get at shot at finishing what they were starting that night.  

52 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Spectacular recovery then subsequently reinjured again in the 1st quarter but i do agree with your jags chargers prediction. 

I kinda wanna see Bills Bengals.  IMO Bengals are the ones that came out of this worse than anybody and i would like to see them get at shot at finishing what they were starting that night.  

Yep, the Bengals got the short end of the stick in the deal.  They could have been #2 at worst and had another home game against the Bills.  As for their probable game against each other, I'm avoiding thinking about that until after this round. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Mike Williams has a small, nonsurgical fracture in his back that is expected to sideline him two to three weeks, sources told ESPN's Lindsey Thiry on Friday.

Barring a Super Bowl run, Williams' season is likely over.

Williams had been downgraded to out for Saturday's wild-card playoff game at the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Chargers said Williams would remain in Los Angeles to continue receiving treatment.

Per espn

4 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Mike Williams has a small, nonsurgical fracture in his back that is expected to sideline him two to three weeks, sources told ESPN's Lindsey Thiry on Friday.

Barring a Super Bowl run, Williams' season is likely over.

Williams had been downgraded to out for Saturday's wild-card playoff game at the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Chargers said Williams would remain in Los Angeles to continue receiving treatment.

Per espn

If they play KC next weekend, I'd estimate that the Chargers coach cost his team at least seven points by his dumb decision to play Williams last week.  

9 hours ago, mex said:

but xen... that implies our defense hasn't lost games for us.

I have it on good authority our defense totally sucks.

Our defense selectively sucks.  When the passrush is getting home, the defense is good, when it goes MIA, the defense sucks.  It's even more maddening against guys like Burrow, who everyone else in the league can get to, except us.  If the Chiefs lose in the playoffs, it will be because the passrush disappeared against a good QB. 

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

Our defense selectively sucks.  When the passrush is getting home, the defense is good, when it goes MIA, the defense sucks.  It's even more maddening against guys like Burrow, who everyone else in the league can get to, except us.  If the Chiefs lose in the playoffs, it will be because the passrush disappeared against a good QB. 

Fair point, but both the pass rush and the secondary have looked better toward the end of the regular season.  Karlaftis, Jones, and Dunlap have had good games in December and January and the rookie DBs have gotten better.  Not a top defense, but an acceptable one.