Jags vs. Chargers

11 hours ago, moons314 said:

Our defense selectively sucks.  When the passrush is getting home, the defense is good, when it goes MIA, the defense sucks.  It's even more maddening against guys like Burrow, who everyone else in the league can get to, except us.  If the Chiefs lose in the playoffs, it will be because the passrush disappeared against a good QB. 

I think the DL, much like the OL, has improved over the last half of the season. I also think our youngsters in the secondary are maturing.

The question is, can they keep it rolling.

But that's always the question leading into the post-season, isn't it?

If the Chargers win against the Jaguars and they have to face the Chiefs without Williams are chances of winning increases dramatically. Although Kc has a habit of making no name WR's look  like all pro's I still think no Williams is trouble for the Chargers and the Chiefs will be in the title game. 

1 minute ago, arthur75 said:

If the Chargers win against the Jaguars and they have to face the Chiefs without Williams are chances of winning increases dramatically. Although Kc has a habit of making no name WR's look  like all pro's I still think no Williams is trouble for the Chargers and the Chiefs will be in the title game. 

I worry more about Keenan Allen. He seems to always have a career day  vs the Chiefs

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I worry more about Keenan Allen. He seems to always have a career day  vs the Chiefs

It seems to me they both do when they play the Chiefs. You take Williams or Keenan away it increases Kc's chances to win by 40% I think. Yea Keenan always does good against the Chiefs but we can overcome his productivity but not both Keenan and Williams.

7 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

It seems to me they both do when they play the Chiefs. You take Williams or Keenan away it increases Kc's chances to win by 40% I think. Yea Keenan always does good against the Chiefs but we can overcome his productivity but not both Keenan and Williams.

I mean Pat's 7-2 vs the Chargers but please do tell me more about how we can't overcome them with both those guys.

14 minutes ago, xen said:

I mean Pat's 7-2 vs the Chargers but please do tell me more about how we can't overcome them with both those guys.

It's just that the Chargers always have key players out.  How many time has James been out against the Chiefs.  Allen missed the first game this year.  Sure, every team has injuries, but the Chargers seem to compete with the Ravens for the injury title in recent years.  The Chiefs are a better team with Mahomes, but with everyone healthy, I'm not sure they would dominate.  

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It's just that the Chargers always have key players out.  How many time has James been out against the Chiefs.  Allen missed the first game this year.  Sure, every team has injuries, but the Chargers seem to compete with the Ravens for the injury title in recent years.  The Chiefs are a better team with Mahomes, but with everyone healthy, I'm not sure they would dominate.  

You don't need to dominate them. You just need to win by 1

Gentlemen.

It's the fucking playoffs. If we don't bring our A-game on O, D, and STs, we'll be watching the rest of the postseason from home.

I'm confident we can beat anyone IF we hit in all three phases of the game. 

I'm fairly confident we can win if we hit on O and D, and STs play 'meh' like they have been doing all year.

But if we're less than dominant on 2 of the 3, WE GONE.

42 minutes ago, mex said:

Gentlemen.

It's the fucking playoffs. If we don't bring our A-game on O, D, and STs, we'll be watching the rest of the postseason from home.

I'm fairly confident we can win if we hit on O and D, and STs play 'meh' like they have been doing all year.

Yup.  Our special teams has been particularly horrid at times this year.  The offense really can't afford to miss a beat with as inconsistent as the other 2 phases are.  

Our recent history of playoff defeats are filled with games where a sack would've ended it, but the opposing QB has found a way to escape.  If this team is going to get where it wants to go, pressure by itself isn't good enough, CJ and the others are going to have to find ways to get the QB on the ground, especially when/if we run into Cinci or Buffalo.  

6 hours ago, xen said:

One of those loses we had like 3 TO and should have won the game but for a phantom PI last year as well.   They are scary talented but also scary fragile.

17 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

One of those loses we had like 3 TO and should have won the game but for a phantom PI last year as well.   They are scary talented but also scary fragile.

They also have a stupid coach that will make in game decisions that will hurt his own team.  If they had Sean Payton they’d be really scary, but as long as they have Staley, they’re pretty meh. 

4 hours ago, mex said:

Gentlemen.

Wait, you mean we have to play well to win?   When did this start???