Jags vs. Chargers

We are the #1 seed in the AFC west with the best offense with a bunch of wr's in their first year with the team.  Sure we can add talent but the best is yet to come.  Toney has #1 talent but his health is a question mark but he is under a great team deal.  Skyy Moore is going to shock some people next year.  Dude has skills just needs some time to acclimate.  MVS while not a world beater is a good wr and he and Mahomes can get on the same page that will be a huge upgrade.   Juju is tricky.  He is going to warrant 20 million per year in this market and while we can afford to keep him is he worth 20 million?  I think he probably is worth close but he took some big hits this year and if he keeps taking those shots can he survive a long term deal?  He makes the most sense.  If he wants more money I think Brandin Cooks is a better option than Hopkins or Williams.  A little bit younger than either and cheaper. He also fits our scheme a little better.

4 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

I work with somebody that's a Rams fan and she was saying they don't have 1st rd pic till 2026? Yea agreed i like kcs approach

It was all the rage last year when they won, but let's be honest.  I don't think they win that game if don't wet the bed in the 2nd half of the AFCCG.  What a wasted opportunity.

40 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

We are the #1 seed in the AFC west with the best offense with a bunch of wr's in their first year with the team.  Sure we can add talent but the best is yet to come.  Toney has #1 talent but his health is a question mark but he is under a great team deal.  Skyy Moore is going to shock some people next year.  Dude has skills just needs some time to acclimate.  MVS while not a world beater is a good wr and he and Mahomes can get on the same page that will be a huge upgrade.   Juju is tricky.  He is going to warrant 20 million per year in this market and while we can afford to keep him is he worth 20 million?  I think he probably is worth close but he took some big hits this year and if he keeps taking those shots can he survive a long term deal?  He makes the most sense.  If he wants more money I think Brandin Cooks is a better option than Hopkins or Williams.  A little bit younger than either and cheaper. He also fits our scheme a little better.

Yea, good take. I wouldn't mind taking a shot on someone like Cooks...

39 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

It was all the rage last year when they won, but let's be honest.  I don't think they win that game if don't wet the bed in the 2nd half of the AFCCG.  What a wasted opportunity.

Yeah, last season I really thought the Chiefs were going to take it, but I'm starting to feel like they have a legit chance this season also. Won't be easy, I know.

2 minutes ago, qnet said:

Yeah, last season I really thought the Chiefs were going to take it, but I'm starting to feel like they have a legit chance this season also. Won't be easy, I know.

Well lets just hope that Andy learned from his mistakes......All he had to do was watch the chargers game to rekindle some of those memories.....

"Up 27-7 in the second half, and chargers ran the ball EIGHT TIMES"...

Nuff said.

3 hours ago, qnet said:

And yet they could do nothing g against cincy in the end half last year no pressure him. Even this years defense could not get him. This is what we need to do if we play them, get pressure, sacks and play a full game of our offensive ability.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

And yet they could do nothing g against cincy in the end half last year no pressure him. Even this years defense could not get him. This is what we need to do if we play them, get pressure, sacks and play a full game of our offensive ability.

I mean CJ had him wrapped up for the win so they did get to him but they couldn't finish the deal.  The DL is better overall and that OL is a good bit worse than last year so that helps but I kinda think the Bills win next week.  Healthy and that game is for some reason in Buffalo. 

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

I mean CJ had him wrapped up for the win so they did get to him but they couldn't finish the deal.  The DL is better overall and that OL is a good bit worse than last year so that helps but I kinda think the Bills win next week.  Healthy and that game is for some reason in Buffalo. 

Cheffers is the ref for that game. Does he like cincy or Buffalo?

10 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Cheffers is the ref for that game. Does he like cincy or Buffalo?

Well I was curious but had to do some research on it. Cheffers was biased against both Buffalo and Cincy per this article last year. Very interesting to see all they show in it.

https://time2play.com/blog/referee-bias-in-the-nfl/

05-3_Referee-Team-Bias-Against-half.jpg

6 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Well I was curious but had to do some research on it. Cheffers was biased against both Buffalo and Cincy per this article last year. Very interesting to see all they show in it.

That guy is on this list 7 times!  The league needs to do something about him!

8 hours ago, kkuenn said:

The one thing the article  is missing imo is when those penalties occured and what impact did it have on the game.  

For example the indy game this year.  Shawn Smith was the referee.  He avgs close to 13 penalties called a game.  That game he called 10.  6  on KC which is right at their avg per game then 4 on indy.   No penalty was bigger than the one called on CJ without that penalty the game is over and done.  That one penalty effected the outcome of the game.  

14 hours ago, artsy said:

Well lets just hope that Andy learned from his mistakes......All he had to do was watch the chargers game to rekindle some of those memories.....

"Up 27-7 in the second half, and chargers ran the ball EIGHT TIMES"...

Nuff said.

More to say... the Chargers ranked 30th in rushing this year, primarily due to the fact that their best rusher is a 3rd down back who's great in the pass game but meh as a pure rusher.  The Chargers in the 2nd half discovered they couldn't run when they needed to (at one point they were 5 rushes for 0 yards) and didn't adjust.  They could have done quite a few things, including dialing up the quick passing game to compensate, but instead they Chargered.

10 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

The one thing the article  is missing imo is when those penalties occured and what impact did it have on the game.  

For example the indy game this year.  Shawn Smith was the referee.  He avgs close to 13 penalties called a game.  That game he called 10.  6  on KC which is right at their avg per game then 4 on indy.   No penalty was bigger than the one called on CJ without that penalty the game is over and done.  That one penalty effected the outcome of the game.  

True but also when you see 6 more penalties or whatever it is for one team, costing say 80 yards more than the other, it tends to show a bias. This is an example and the link shows many of them, but if you are getting called for more penalties and yards for it, you tend to be behind the 8 ball. Hell, how many times will a penalty seem not that big but could push you into a 3rd and long, out of fg range, a td or big play called back etc. I see your point but also the fact having more called against you and not being able to sustain a drive due to phantom hold calls etc do kill momentum and field position too.

16 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

True but also when you see 6 more penalties or whatever it is for one team, costing say 80 yards more than the other, it tends to show a bias. This is an example and the link shows many of them, but if you are getting called for more penalties and yards for it, you tend to be behind the 8 ball. Hell, how many times will a penalty seem not that big but could push you into a 3rd and long, out of fg range, a td or big play called back etc. I see your point but also the fact having more called against you and not being able to sustain a drive due to phantom hold calls etc do kill momentum and field position too.

I can agree with that

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Chargers keep Staley but release  Vince Lombardi's Grandson the OC

Thats great news for us....not so great for the Chargers.   Bottom line their ownership is too cheap to make the changes necessary and one day they will regret not getting Herbert a HC that he needs to get the most out of those talents.  They have have basically already missed that window by going all in this year and failing miserably. 

51 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Thats great news for us....not so great for the Chargers.   Bottom line their ownership is too cheap to make the changes necessary and one day they will regret not getting Herbert a HC that he needs to get the most out of those talents.  They have have basically already missed that window by going all in this year and failing miserably. 

When do they need to pony up for Herbert ? 2024? 

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

Bosa, Mack, Allen, Williams, Jackson.  Not sure how they'll pay Herbert top QB money next year.  His current cap hit is around $8 million.  

They've got 2 years left on the rookie contract including the 5th yr option.  He is eligible to renegotiate now but you can bet they'll keep those relatively cheap 2 years on there.  If they structure right, probably can squeeze in a few more relatively cheap years if he's amenable.