Wild card weekend thread.

22 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

So it looks like Tua is out and Lamar is a very long shot to play. 
So, Bulls and bungles will more than likely advance ( not that we didn’t know that) so that means we should have winner of jags and chargers. 
go jags! 

Im picking the Jags to beat the Chargers. Chargers coach still needs some experience. 

I’d much rather play the Jags again so long as we don’t let Kirk have another career day against us.  I got to go to that game in Arrowhead this year and left very underwhelmed with the effort.  We should have spanked the Jags, instead we let them hang around.  Round 2, let’s go!

15 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

I’d much rather play the Jags again so long as we don’t let Kirk have another career day against us.  I got to go to that game in Arrowhead this year and left very underwhelmed with the effort.  We should have spanked the Jags, instead we let them hang around.  Round 2, let’s go!

Yea..I'd much rather play the Jags. Although the LA coach is dumb ass, that team is built to stop KC. and we just don't match up that well to them..

Much rather play the jags...

23 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yea..I'd much rather play the Jags. Although the LA coach is dumb ass, that team is built to stop KC. and we just don't match up that well to them..

I dont think he is a dumb ass. Team went 10-7 with about 20 injuries and several all stats out. He may lack experience in big games but you dont go 10-7 being a dumb ass.

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I dont think he is a dumb ass. Team went 10-7 with about 20 injuries and several all stats out. He may lack experience in big games but you dont go 10-7 being a dumb ass.

Playing Williams, Bosa, and Herbert in a meaningless game six days before the playoffs wasn't exactly rocket surgery.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Playing Williams, Bosa, and Herbert in a meaningless game six days before the playoffs wasn't exactly rocket surgery.  

The point was he is not a dumb ass. Team is 10-7 with tons of injuries. He lacks some experience and like every HUMAN can learn from mistakes.

Was that not Andy Reid playing starters, including Mahomes, in the 4th quarter of a game that was well in hand? I saw Mahomes take a sack and held my breath.

58 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

The point was he is not a dumb ass. Team is 10-7 with tons of injuries. He lacks some experience and like every HUMAN can learn from mistakes.

Was that not Andy Reid playing starters, including Mahomes, in the 4th quarter of a game that was well in hand? I saw Mahomes take a sack and held my breath.

Don't see it the same.  The Chiefs had the following week offf if the starters won on Saturday.  Maybe Reid could have subbed out the starters at the beginning of the last quarter instead of later.  The Chargers had absolutely nothing to gain by winning of losing.  They had two key players who had battled injuries all season.  Not claiming Reid was exactly right, but that Staley was completely wrong.  If either Bosa or Williams is gimpy at JAX, Staley will be to blame. 

35 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Don't see it the same.  The Chiefs had the following week offf if the starters won on Saturday.  Maybe Reid could have subbed out the starters at the beginning of the last quarter instead of later.  The Chargers had absolutely nothing to gain by winning of losing.  They had two key players who had battled injuries all season.  Not claiming Reid was exactly right, but that Staley was completely wrong.  If either Bosa or Williams is gimpy at JAX, Staley will be to blame. 

He may be to blame but he is not a dumb ass. 

If a KC starter had been hurt in that 4th quarter hell would have been raised.

10 minutes ago, qnet said:

I'd rather play the Jags also, but sooner or later the Chiefs will have to face a team we don't want them to...LOL. 

Yea..That team is called the LA Chargers...IMO, the chargers are the chiefs biggest threat.

Why you ask??

Kalil Mack, Joey Bosa and Derwin James. (Mack and Bosa versus Wylie and OBJ)

Mike Williams and Kennan Allen (We have no answer for Mike Williams)

Oh yea...Austin Ekler and JUSTIN HERBERT. (If CJ 95 doesn't have a multiple sack game, we're in for looong day..)

We just don't match up well with them at ALL. 

1 minute ago, artsy said:

Yea..That team is called the LA Chargers...IMO, the chargers are the chiefs biggest threat.

Why you ask??

Oh yea...Austin Ekler and JUSTIN HERBERT. (If CJ 95 doesn't have a multiple sack game, we're in for looong day..)

I totally get it man.  We only beat them twice this year!  It's a total mismatch for us, we shouldn't even bother showing up!

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

Why you ask??

Good grief!  How did the Chargers not go 17-0? 🙂

On 1/11/2023 at 12:35 PM, artsy said:

If we are championship-worthy, it shouldn't mean anything who we play.  Why be  concerned with it?  If we don't beat any of these teams, we have no business being in the superbowl. That goes for any of them.

5 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

I totally get it man.  We only beat them twice this year!  It's a total mismatch for us, we shouldn't even bother showing up!

The question was who would I rather see in the playoffs...My answer was not the LA Chargers. 

And I gave my reasons why. Do you not agree with those reasons? Or better yet, do you have a counter to those reasons besides we beat them twice? 

The bungals have beat the chiefs 3 times, but I feel better about playing them than the chargers. Why you ask?

Because not for some shitty playcalling (Not running the ball) and a freak fumble by Kelce, we would've beat their asses twice.

Just my opinion tho...That's what this board is for right?

4 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Well, 2 of the losses to the team that just does not match up with them AT ALL!  So it's a total mystery!

The Chargers play half their games and practice for all of them in LALA land. Too many distractions, too much press exposure. Too many starlets and hangers on.  They will always underperform.  How can they keep their focus?  Same thing with Las Vegas.  The only distractions the Chiefs have is barbecue.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

If we are championship-worthy, it shouldn't mean anything who we play.  Why be  concerned with it?  If we don't beat any of these teams, we have no business being in the superbowl. That goes for any of them.

Good point, but I think who a team plays and in what order has a lot to do with who is crowned champ.  It's very possible that the classic finish to the Chiefs/Bills playoff game last year took a little out of the Chiefs when they played Cincy.  Now, either the Bills or Cincy will have a very tough and emotional game with each other before they can face the Chiefs.  If the Chiefs win their divisional game, that is a factor.  

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

The question was who would I rather see in the playoffs...My answer was not the LA Chargers. 

And I gave my reasons why. Do you not agree with those reasons? Or better yet, do you have a counter to those reasons besides we beat them twice? 

The bungals have beat the chiefs 3 times, but I feel better about playing them than the chargers. Why you ask?

Because not for some shitty playcalling (Not running the ball) and a freak fumble by Kelce, we would've beat their asses twice.

Just my opinion tho...That's what this board is for right?

I think Chase and Higgans are just as scary as Williams and Allen and have a more playoff experiences QB to toss it to them.  

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Good point, but I think who a team plays and in what order has a lot to do with who is crowned champ.  It's very possible that the classic finish to the Chiefs/Bills playoff game last year took a little out of the Chiefs when they played Cincy.  Now, either the Bills or Cincy will have a very tough and emotional game with each other before they can face the Chiefs.  If the Chiefs win their divisional game, that is a factor.  

Again, if we are the best, we beat everybody.  Anything else is an excuse. Do we want an asterisk after a Super Bowl victory with a sentence below it that says, "but the Bengals and Bills had to play each other the week before?"  Of course not.  It's bullshit.  Everybody has to beat the other contenders to be champs.