Wild card weekend thread.

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Okay, but the best doesn't always win. 

Who cares?  If the Super Bowl decides the NFL champion, then the winner is the NFL champion.  It doesn't have to mean they are best. It means they won the tournament, that's all. If we want to be champions, we win the whole goddam tournament.  Period. If we can't win it with an extra week of rest and preparation, we aren't the champions and shouldn't be.

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I think Chase and Higgans are just as scary as Williams and Allen and have a more playoff experiences QB to toss it to them.  

I agree. But, we seem to be able to pressure Burrow a little better than Herbert. That in itself helps our secondary. 

With Herbert..just like any other good qb, he will shred you if you don't get pressure. 

Plus, Derwin has done a reasonable job at keeping Kelce under control. 

Mack and Bosa scare me but they can be neutralized if Andy mixes up the play calling and runs the ball to keep them off balance to take pressure off of Wylie and OBJ. 

Can we beat them? Of course. We've done it twice this year. But they were both nail bitters....a bounce here or there and it could've been different. 

IMO, our success against both the chargers and Bengals will hinge on CJ 95 having great games. 

22 minutes ago, artsy said:

The question was who would I rather see in the playoffs...My answer was not the LA Chargers. 

And I gave my reasons why. Do you not agree with those reasons? Or better yet, do you have a counter to those reasons besides we beat them twice? 

The bungals have beat the chiefs 3 times, but I feel better about playing them than the chargers. Why you ask?

Because not for some shitty playcalling (Not running the ball) and a freak fumble by Kelce, we would've beat their asses twice.

Just my opinion tho...That's what this board is for right?

You are entitled to your opinion.  I'm just tired of everyone saying we don't match up with the Chargers.  We've beaten them like 8 or 9 of the last 10 haven't we?

4 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

You are entitled to your opinion.  I'm just tired of everyone saying we don't match up with the Chargers.  We've beaten them like 8 or 9 of the last 10 haven't we?

All the more reason to recognize that the Chargers' fans are more worried about having to play the Chiefs than we are of having to play the Chargers. Hopefully that extends to the players and coaches.  When players and coaches worry too much, it makes them press, and that causes mistakes.

Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel said Tua Tagovailoa has not advanced to the on-field football activity portion of the NFL's concussion protocol. 

Every Tua update is at least somewhat frightening as the quarterback recovers from his second brain injury of the season. Tagovailoa has been ruled out for Miami's Wild Card game against the Bills and would seem to have little shot to suit up if the Dolphins pull a massive upset and advance to the Divisional Round. The best-case scenario for Tagovailoa is that he's ready for the team's offseason program with no lingering effects of his concussion. 

20 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Who cares?  If the Super Bowl decides the NFL champion, then the winner is the NFL champion.  It doesn't have to mean they are best. It means they won the tournament, that's all. If we want to be champions, we win the whole goddam tournament.  Period. If we can't win it with an extra week of rest and preparation, we aren't the champions and shouldn't be.

win-major-league.gif

20 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

If you exclude the game where we didn't play the starters, we have beat them 15 out of 17.  To be fair, a lot of them were really close games though.  

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

If you exclude the game where we didn't play the starters, we have beat them 15 out of 17.  To be fair, a lot of them were really close games though.  

To be really fair, many of those games were played with several key Charger players out.  Part of being a top team is staying healthy.  Don't know if it's the team medical staff and trainers or just bad luck, but the Chargers have all these star players who can't get on the field at the same time. 

46 minutes ago, jetlord said:

To be really fair, many of those games were played with several key Charger players out.  Part of being a top team is staying healthy.  Don't know if it's the team medical staff and trainers or just bad luck, but the Chargers have all these star players who can't get on the field at the same time. 

To be fair they keep extending or resigning those same oft injured players too. They spent a ton in FA and still could not beat us. Time for them to be in cap hell real soon.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Meh.  I think over 17 games, the injuries probably even out.  The Chiefs have just been better than the Chargers since 2014.  Since 2010, they have won 10 games twice.  If we won just 10 games, this message board would burn to the ground.