Wild card weekend thread.

5 hours ago, arthur75 said:

I was thinking Derek Carr may end up in Baltimore. If they go and get 2-3 WR's and at least one of those is a stud The ravens will be a force in the AFC

At the expense of that D.  Additions by subtraction won't make them any better.  They will be the East Coast Raiders.  As good as the Ravens are at drafting D they kinda suck at drafting O.  That entire O will have to be revamped and it won't be cheap with the cost of wr's now.  Good luck with that rebuild.  

14 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

At the expense of that D.  Additions by subtraction won't make them any better.  They will be the East Coast Raiders.  As good as the Ravens are at drafting D they kinda suck at drafting O.  That entire O will have to be revamped and it won't be cheap with the cost of wr's now.  Good luck with that rebuild.  

Whether it comes this off-season or in 3 years, it’s gonna happen at some point.  The longer they wait, the longer it’ll be until they get back to contention. 

7 hours ago, azchief21 said:

My brother is a big Viqueens fan. That Cousins pass for 3 yards on a 4th & 8 to go down for the win was the most Alex Smith of throws in a big game. Classic try not to lose vs. go for the win. Again, we are so fortunate to have Mahomes. 

I was flabbergasted. 

It's fucking 4th down. He was blanketed. 

Could have thrown it downfield and had a chance for a PI call, or lucky reception... the choice he made was horrible. Game killer.

5 hours ago, moons314 said:

Whether it comes this off-season or in 3 years, it’s gonna happen at some point.  The longer they wait, the longer it’ll be until they get back to contention. 

The definitely need to but unless they find an elite qb its gonna be a long painful process.  I think thats why its such a tough decision for them.  They compete right now with LJ and they could conceivably win a SB if everything fell in their favor and they got a little lucky.  Same things we told ourselves about Alex Smith and Trent Green.   

4 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

The definitely need to but unless they find an elite qb its gonna be a long painful process.  I think thats why its such a tough decision for them.  They compete right now with LJ and they could conceivably win a SB if everything fell in their favor and they got a little lucky.  Same things we told ourselves about Alex Smith and Trent Green.   

I believe they would be much better with a Smith-type QB instead of LJ. LJ is really good on his feet but doesn't have the arm to compete against playoff defenses and not really the guy to successfully catch up when behind against a tough opponent. Someone less flashy with a better arm and mentality would likely give them more success but not sure about the SB itself.