Everyone Realizes I hope....

if my team were in the world series, i wouldnt give a crap about todays game. I mean, i would have watched it, but i'd still be in football mode and wouldnt care if the Chiefs won or lost all that much. lol  Baseball is by far my most favorite sport right now!   It wasnt for a while, but its back!  Well it has been the last 3 years or so for me.

kcxiv, i did not care too much about the game today, me and the family took the wife to lunch for her birthday for most of the afternoon. I looked that score occasionally on my phone. I was rocking my Royals hat pretty much the whole day!!! Looking forward to tuesday

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kcxiv, i did not care too much about the game today, me and the family took the wife to lunch for her birthday for most of the afternoon. I looked that score occasionally on my phone. I was rocking my Royals hat pretty much the whole day!!! Looking forward to tuesday

im a Dodgers fan, so you know im rooting for the Royals.  I despise the Giants more then i hate the Raiders and Broncos combined. lol  Good luck on Tuesday man! :)

It's funny how when you follow a team for about 6 months and they are in the championship everything else is so so. I have Royal blue blood running through my veins and I bleed Chiefs red so I am more interested in the Royals right now. Doesn't mean I don't care what's going on eith the Chiefs but it sure makes being 3-3 more bearable.

Those predicting the Chargers as being too much for the Chiefs to handle...well that's why they play the games. Outside of the opening week against the Titans (what the heck was that all about?)...the Chiefs have gone toe to toe with a pretty decent list of teams. Were were in every game. Probably should have beaten San Fran. 

I told my son if KC won today I could see them going on a bit of a run as the schedule eases up for them. If they win 3 of the next 4 I think they have a good shot at a WC.

Reasons to be optimistic too DMan...

Remaining schedule:

Rams - 2-4 Playing everyone tough it seems, but giving up alot of points
Jets - 1-6 Not as good as they think they are. Stop their rushing attack and they aren't too tough.
at Bills - 4-3 Playing solid ball but lost Spiller for the year. Always a tough team for KC.
Seahawks - 3-3 Look very beatable this year in every way.
at Raiders - 0-6 Look every bit of the worst team in the league. Rivalry is the only reason I'd give Oakland a chance.
Broncos - 5-1 Will be tough as hell no matter what. The league wants to give Manning a ring in Denver, apparently.
at Cardinals - 5-1 They just keep winning, much because of their Defense.
Raiders - 0-6
at Steelers - 3-3 Always a very tough game between KC and PIT and its in their house, even if that Pittsburgh defense is a shell of its former self.
Chargers - 5-2 Chiefs just beat them, so we know they can, but it will take the same picture perfect game plan to stop that offense.

The Chiefs are very capable, based on what I've seen from them so far, of winning every single game left on the schedule. I'd give them a very solid shot at 9-7 or 10-6 if they continue to play good football. To get there they need to beat the teams they are supposed to (Rams, Jets, Raidersx2) and get 2 or 3 of the rest (Seahawks, Bills, Broncos, Cardinals, Steelers, Chargers). The Seahawks, Broncos, and Chargers at home helps in that you'd think they can pull off 1 of those in our house. We match up well with all the rest on the road.

Knock on wood, but I feel 9-7 is now the floor and I predicted 10-6. A lot can happen, good or bad, so we'll see. (There's actually five potential "makes sense" losses, but I think we have to win at least one of them (in order of win ability: Steelers, San Diego, Cardinals (road), Seattle, Denver).)

While my rule of thumb is not to adjust my projections until after the first quarter of the season is gone, I must admit that after losing DJ and DeVito in week 1 (not to mention the dismal performance) I did adjust down from 10.5 to 9.5 wins. So far the team looks more than capable of 9 or 10 wins, even with the high profile injuries, hope it's enough to make the playoffs and then we can see what they learned from their neighbors in blue.

It doesn't feel old. Thanks, man. I was born exactly two days after Chuck Yeager broke the sound barrier in his X-1. Caused my mom to break her water.

That's one big and long aftershock... or a 2-day labor? Ouch, not that <60 minute deliveries are painless.

That's one big and long aftershock... or a 2-day labor? Ouch, not that <60 minute deliveries are painless.

I doubt that she actually broke her water immediately. It was sort of a long labor, apparently, but not two days. It was a bit hard for me to get through the canal because of my big head. Nothing much has changed. She once told me it felt like the biggest shit of her life. That hasn't changed, either.

While my rule of thumb is not to adjust my projections until after the first quarter of the season is gone, I must admit that after losing DJ and DeVito in week 1 (not to mention the dismal performance) I did adjust down from 10.5 to 9.5 wins. So far the team looks more than capable of 9 or 10 wins, even with the high profile injuries, hope it's enough to make the playoffs and then we can see what they learned from their neighbors in blue.

I went from 10-6 to maybe 9-7, but I never jumped off my 10-6 guess. That's because I'm a homer and because I believe Alex Smith's game is less reliant on his supporting cast (not talking about total results, just saying he'll achieve whatever he does regardless, it would have to be Calvin Johnsonesque to raise it - he even statistically did better without Charles). Now, I think Dalton and Stafford's game is reliant upon deep catchers not being injured. Kaepernick relies upon Lloyd/Boldin circus catches and Stevie Johnson's reliability (though Davis has disappointed).

New England made up for Tennessee. San Diego made up for San Francisco. (Though I had both as losses. Denver and Miami went as scheduled.

Here was my prediction before the season:

Tennessee: W

Denver: L

Miami: W

New England: L

San Francisco: L

San Diego (road/home split): L

2-4.

Don't ask me how I got from 2-4 to 10-6, other than homerism and math. Going from 3-3 to 10-6 is hard enough. How about from 6-3 to 10-6?

I doubt that she actually broke her water immediately. It was sort of a long labor, apparently, but not two days. It was a bit hard for me to get through the canal because of my big head. Nothing much has changed. She once told me it felt like the biggest shit of her life. That hasn't changed, either.

Below the waist probably slid right out. ????

My penis got stuck in the birth canal so the doctor had to stretch it. That explains a lot but one thing is certain...BILYOUS POP. .JETLORD WILL ALWAYS BE OLDER THAN ME

I'm getting even older every time I read posts like these.

My penis got stuck in the birth canal so the doctor had to stretch it. That explains a lot but one thing is certain...BILYOUS POP. .JETLORD WILL ALWAYS BE OLDER THAN ME

Hope that pull didn't get your mom pregnant. JK, gross.

Ok, I'll bench myself for that.

I'll be over here >>>>>>>>>>>>

Archived