Everyone Realizes I hope....

With all the hoopla and celebrating we've been doing since Wednesday afternoon after the Miracle Royals......

We have to face Phillip Rivers this Sunday in San Diego and he has been averaging 61 per cent pass completions.    The Chargers are 5 and 1 and while they have not faced quality competition,   they have pretty much dominated the games they've played in so far.

And we'll get to see Brandon Flowers again.

We need to be thinking about this Sunday.   Time to shift gears.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, we fans mustn't become complacent! They need us at home to be focused.

Just kidding. Good post. It's good to have football back and a chance to get the last loss further away. I hate bye weeks though I understand their importance. Now, we'll have football every week. Maybe a WC weekend? There's always hope this early.

Oddly, I like our chances tomorrow. I think we are getting stronger and more cohesive. San Diego has been cruising against competition like we played against early last year. I think they are going to be ambushed by some plays by DAT, which they know in theory is a threat, but they simply have no idea "what speed do" when it comes to returning and catching or running against lumbering, muscled, giants. They also have lost their top two centers and are playing a 300 lb inexperienced rookie center against 346 lb Dontari Poe. San Diego is also not very good against the run, and I think Reid has learned his lesson. They are going to pound them with Charles and Davis until they are huffing and puffing and discouraged. Most of all it will keep Philip Rivers and his receivers OFF THE FIELD for large stretches of the game. The best way to stop Rivers is to not let him have the ball, and I think that is their plan. I just have a feeling that SD is in for a rude shock.

Oh, and Brandon Flowers is on the decline. He is still good and a great tackler, but he is not big enough to stop Kelce and Co. or a tall guy like Hemingway in the slot.

With all the hoopla and celebrating we've been doing since Wednesday afternoon after the Miracle Royals......

We have to face Phillip Rivers this Sunday in San Diego and he has been averaging 61 per cent pass completions.    The Chargers are 5 and 1 and while they have not faced quality competition,   they have pretty much dominated the games they've played in so far.

And we'll get to see Brandon Flowers again.

We need to be thinking about this Sunday.   Time to shift gears.

And guess who is PFF's highest rated CB?  As I said at the time, reports of Brandon Flowers' demise were greatly exaggerated.  He may not have fit here and made too much money, but that guy can play.

Oddly, I like our chances tomorrow. I think we are getting stronger and more cohesive. San Diego has been cruising against competition like we played against early last year. I think they are going to be ambushed by some plays by DAT, which they know in theory is a threat, but they simply have no idea "what speed do" when it comes to returning and catching or running against lumbering, muscled, giants. They also have lost their top two centers and are playing a 300 lb inexperienced rookie center against 346 lb Dontari Poe. San Diego is also not very good against the run, and I think Reid has learned his lesson. They are going to pound them with Charles and Davis until they are huffing and puffing and discouraged. Most of all it will keep Philip Rivers and his receivers OFF THE FIELD for large stretches of the game. The best way to stop Rivers is to not let him have the ball, and I think that is their plan. I just have a feeling that SD is in for a rude shock.

Oh, and Brandon Flowers is on the decline. He is still good and a great tackler, but he is not big enough to stop Kelce and Co. or a tall guy like Hemingway in the slot.

BF is doing quite well in SD.  He won't be guarding Kelce.  He is more than capable of hanging with Bowe and can shut down the rest of the pretenders at WR.

Unfortunately for us the turn around of the chargers is directly related to their head coach who I think is outstanding. Norv is gone... It's scary to think he now has Oliver to work with in the backfield. He's not afraid to run the ball. Rivers has a ton of weapons. They have 4 stellar options to throw to. I don't see how we stop them and I don't see how we can score with them.

31-22 chargers. Score gets sloppy at the end.

Close game

Cooper gets his first pick.

We get a special teams return TD

Charles gets force fed for a good week

We are.

Almost. Shows what we can be when we get some pro-bowlers back. Building great depth. 11 picks in the draft and FA draft this coming winter, including TWO second round picks. Meanwhile, Manning gets older, and we have the youngest O-line in football. The future is bright.

Unfortunately for us the turn around of the chargers is directly related to their head coach who I think is outstanding. Norv is gone... It's scary to think he now has Oliver to work with in the backfield. He's not afraid to run the ball. Rivers has a ton of weapons. They have 4 stellar options to throw to. I don't see how we stop them and I don't see how we can score with them.

31-22 chargers. Score gets sloppy at the end.

Close game

Cooper gets his first pick.

We get a special teams return TD

Charles gets force fed for a good week

We limit them by giving them fewer plays by not letting them on the field. Davis and Charles and our TE's can accomplish that. We saw it with NE. We just play ball control. Charles is going to set the all time Chiefs yardage record in this game. San Diego has been playing chumps. Any decent team can look like world beaters with their schedule. We pooh poohed that when we were 9-0 last year. Then we started playing some good teams. This new SD coach looks like a genius, but his praise-0-meter readings will quiet a bit pretty soon. When you lose your two best centers for the season and play a rookie opposite Dontari Poe, you aren't going to have the time to look quite so good. Poe will push that rookie into Rivers feet all afternoon. And this rookie will not be able to call the signals for their O-line like an experienced center does. And remember, Rivers cannot scramble. We are not going to have to keep some people set up to stop Rivers from running. They can play back and help in the secondary. I really think that a lot of people are gnashing their teeth and wringing their hands too easily around here.

We limit them by giving them fewer plays by not letting them on the field. Davis and Charles and our TE's can accomplish that. We saw it with NE. We just play ball control. Charles is going to set the all time Chiefs yardage record in this game. San Diego has been playing chumps. Any decent team can look like world beaters with their schedule. We pooh poohed that when we were 9-0 last year. Then we started playing some good teams. This new SD coach looks like a genius, but his praise-0-meter readings will quiet a bit pretty soon. When you lose your two best centers for the season and play a rookie opposite Dontari Poe, you aren't going to have the time to look quite so good. Poe will push that rookie into Rivers feet all afternoon. And this rookie will not be able to call the signals for their O-line like an experienced center does. And remember, Rivers cannot scramble. We are not going to have to keep some people set up to stop Rivers from running. They can play back and help in the secondary. I really think that a lot of people are gnashing their teeth and wringing their hands too easily around here.

Chumps?  They did beat SEA and their only loss came versus a good AZ team.  The other teams they beat may not be good, but with the exception of OAK they buried every one of them.  

Philip Rivers is for real.  We know this.  His team is for real -- on both sides of the ball.  Missing their center may present difficulty for them, but they'll give the new center help.  They'll double team like every other team that has beaten us has.

I think the Chiefs can win this game.  I don't think they will.  

The Chargers are not the fraud that was the 2013 Chiefs.

Chumps?  They did beat SEA and their only loss came versus a good AZ team.  The other teams they beat may not be good, but with the exception of OAK they buried every one of them.  

Philip Rivers is for real.  We know this.  His team is for real -- on both sides of the ball.  Missing their center may present difficulty for them, but they'll give the new center help.  They'll double team like every other team that has beaten us has.

I think the Chiefs can win this game.  I don't think they will.  

The Chargers are not the fraud that was the 2013 Chiefs.

They are not a fraud. But like any other good team, they have weaknesses. With the right game plan, an extra week of rest, and some cleverness, we have a very good opportunity to win this game. They are not very good against the run. In that sense, we are the perfect team to give them their second loss. I'm just guessing like everyone else, but I just have a good feeling about this one. It will likely evaporate by 3:30 PM.

Kudos, Bilyous. Good pre-game post. Turned out true in all aspects.

if my team were in the world series, i wouldnt give a crap about todays game. I mean, i would have watched it, but i'd still be in football mode and wouldnt care if the Chiefs won or lost all that much. lol  Baseball is by far my most favorite sport right now!   It wasnt for a while, but its back!  Well it has been the last 3 years or so for me.

Archived