Hardman's injury - a theory

No one seems to have talked about this other than to express puzzlement, but I have a theory.  His story and symptoms sound to me like he strained his psoas muscle and ileo-psoas tendon.  That is one of the core muscles and its tendon. It is a big one that extends from the spine downward and slightly forward and attaches to the inside of the pelvic bone.  It is a main muscle you use to bend to the side and straighten up and would explain that much of the pain was in the abdomen as well as the pelvis.  A bad psoas strain would be like a bad hamstring strain in that it would take weeks and weeks and leave you susceptible to straining it again.  Might have even torn some muscle fibers in it.  Just my guess.  They are obviously being very cautious in hopes he can play in the playoffs, but my guess is ileo-psoas.

4 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Well hardman not practicing. I don’t know what the hell is going on. 
contract year perhaps. 
He has been off for 10 weeks or so. 
we sure could use him as make start our run. 

He has Lamar Jackson Syndrome. It wont help him get a better contract. Reid said that he, Hardman, is not happy with how he feels. He did not say the traing staff supports that. Good thing Toney is ready! 

Lots of players would give the right nut to appear in a playoff game.  Hardman seems to take playoff for granted. 

24 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

He has Lamar Jackson Syndrome. It wont help him get a better contract. Reid said that he, Hardman, is not happy with how he feels. He did not say the traing staff supports that. Good thing Toney is ready! 

Lots of players would give the right nut to appear in a playoff game.  Hardman seems to take playoff for granite. 

I agree. Drives me nuts. 

Welp... they brought CEH and Fortson back from IR. They got 21 days to activate or shut them down for the year. 

That means they can stay active until 5 days before the SB. 

If Pacheco and McKinnon can stay healthy... same with Kelce, Gray and Bell... who would they cut to make room? 

1 hour ago, mex said:

Welp... they brought CEH and Fortson back from IR. They got 21 days to activate or shut them down for the year. 

That means they can stay active until 5 days before the SB. 

If Pacheco and McKinnon can stay healthy... same with Kelce, Gray and Bell... who would they cut to make room? 

No one, they are done for the year

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Lots of players would give the right nut to appear in a playoff game.  Hardman seems to take playoff for granite. 

https://www.kshb.com/sports/chiefs-coach-andy-reid-says-hes-backing-off-wr-mecole-hardman-as-he-continues-to-recover-from-injury

This article has a slightly different quote from Reid and he even indicates that they have been pushing him.  It could very well be that his body isn't responding like it should to whatever they have been doing.   

3 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Sorry, had to but if he is a hard man, making him out of granite...... he should be better at taking hits than taking it for granted.

On 1/18/2023 at 1:47 AM, Okiechief1 said:

https://www.kshb.com/sports/chiefs-coach-andy-reid-says-hes-backing-off-wr-mecole-hardman-as-he-continues-to-recover-from-injury

This article has a slightly different quote from Reid and he even indicates that they have been pushing him.  It could very well be that his body isn't responding like it should to whatever they have been doing.   

That will help him get a 1-year deal somewhere followed by likely another one elsewhere until he fades away in 2-3 years. Smaller guys that have hard time recovering from non-surgery injuries don't really make it in the NFL.

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

That will help him get a 1-year deal somewhere followed by likely another one elsewhere until he fades away in 2-3 years. Smaller guys that have hard time recovering from non-surgery injuries don't really make it in the NFL.

Agreed.   As of right now he has 25 rec for 289 n 4 TDs.  He's probably going to have to take a 1 yr prove it deal whether it be here or somewhere else cause he isn't gong to get a multi year deal worth anything.  

7 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

Agreed.   As of right now he has 25 rec for 289 n 4 TDs.  He's probably going to have to take a 1 yr prove it deal whether it be here or somewhere else cause he isn't gong to get a multi year deal worth anything.  

Probably stays in KC. May try the market and return on a cheap prove it deal. 

All I know is that all this injury stuff probably really hurt his market value.  Although he never really missed games, it sure felt like his entire career he's get hurt in ever single game in some way, shape or form.  And now in his first season as a "featured" WR, he has been hurt all season long and continues to have multiple things going on.