Chiefs vs Jags.

Just now, xen said:

Except y'all are fans, not players.  Nothing you do matters to the outcome.  Unless you wear the wrong shirt.

Wait…I haven’t changed my underwear all season.  You’re telling me it doesn’t make a difference?  Kind of shit is that?

2 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

In a way this isn’t incorrect.  The Chiefs didn’t exactly smoke them in November.  I specifically remember feeling underwhelmed by the Chiefs performance leaving the game.  Christian Kirk made the defense look pedestrian and he had a career day.  Also, the fact they came back from being down 27pts against the Chargers gives them confidence and momentum.  

Any other team we play we have a good idea what to expect, but I’d be careful to get over confident against the Jags.

Don't disagree, but I think the Chiefs will play Kirk differently than in November.  Sneed will be on him out of the slot on most plays and the rookie DBs are getting better.  Also, Jones, Clark, and Karlaftis are on a roll the past few games.  Not saying it will be easy, just that it won't look like the last meeting.  

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Mecole Hardman (pelvis) will miss practice and added "It’s not responding the way he wants it to."

Hardman did not play in Week 18 and it looks like he'll be doubtful for the Wild Card round after a bye week. This is setting up as another week where Kadarius Toney will replace him in Kansas City's sets, which should give Toney some DFS value this week. Hardman has not played since Week 9. 

Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) practiced Tuesday. 

CEH, who hasn't played since Week 11, is likely to return to Kansas City's lineup for their Divisional Round matchup with the Jaguars. In his absence, Jerick McKinnon has seized most of the high value touches in the KC backfield, including much of the passing down work in the pass-heavy Chiefs attack. Edwards-Helaire's return could complicate McKinnon's role or take snaps away from early down banger Isiah Pacheco. 

36 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Mecole Hardman (pelvis) will miss practice and added "It’s not responding the way he wants it to."

Hardman did not play in Week 18 and it looks like he'll be doubtful for the Wild Card round after a bye week. This is setting up as another week where Kadarius Toney will replace him in Kansas City's sets, which should give Toney some DFS value this week. Hardman has not played since Week 9. 

Must be friends with Lamar Chokeson. " He wants it to "?  Sounds like Reid is pointing to Hardman vs the training staff? 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Don't disagree, but I think the Chiefs will play Kirk differently than in November.  Sneed will be on him out of the slot on most plays and the rookie DBs are getting better.  Also, Jones, Clark, and Karlaftis are on a roll the past few games.  Not saying it will be easy, just that it won't look like the last meeting.  

McDuffie will be on Kirk in the slot, not Sneed.  Bet on it.

21 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

In a way this isn’t incorrect.  The Chiefs didn’t exactly smoke them in November.  I specifically remember feeling underwhelmed by the Chiefs performance leaving the game.  Christian Kirk made the defense look pedestrian and he had a career day.  Also, the fact they came back from being down 27pts against the Chargers gives them confidence and momentum.  

Any other team we play we have a good idea what to expect, but I’d be careful to get over confident against the Jags.

We had 170 more yards of total offense than the Jags. 7/10 on third down. We outrushed them 2-1. Mahomes threw 4 tds. The outcome of the game was never in doubt. So why wasn't this a blowout? Two reasons. Chiefs turned the ball over 3 times. Jags zero turnovers. And secondly, for some reason when the Chiefs jump out to an early sizeable lead they fall asleep and let teams creep back in it. I suspect since this is the playoffs that won't be an issue.

14 hours ago, DieHard said:

That’s the best matchup for Kirk. 

Kirk ate Sneed's lunch the first time (9/105/2), but little shifty guys tend to give him fits.  Since the Seattle game, McDuffie has gotten 70% of the nickel snaps and has looked terrific, allowing by far the lowest completion % of the DBs.

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

We had 170 more yards of total offense than the Jags. 7/10 on third down. We outrushed them 2-1. Mahomes threw 4 tds. The outcome of the game was never in doubt. So why wasn't this a blowout? Two reasons. Chiefs turned the ball over 3 times. Jags zero turnovers. And secondly, for some reason when the Chiefs jump out to an early sizeable lead they fall asleep and let teams creep back in it. I suspect since this is the playoffs that won't be an issue.

This.  3. Turnovers.  Only reason they were in the game.  Jags are a better team now than then, but their pass D is still suspect.  Execute the gameplan, don't turn the ball over and stay healthy.  That's what we need out of this game.

3 minutes ago, xen said:

This.  3. Turnovers.  Only reason they were in the game. 

Even with the turnovers I'm not sure they were in the game.  We were up 27 to 10 in the 4th.  They scored with 5 minutes to go, but it was still a 2 score game and it was never really in doubt.