Chiefs vs Jags.

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Even with the turnovers I'm not sure they were in the game.  We were up 27 to 10 in the 4th.  They scored with 5 minutes to go, but it was still a 2 score game and it was never really in doubt.  

one of the very few games where I wasn't  too worried. They have been so few and far between they are easy to remember. That being said this is a different Jags team with faith..faith can move mountains. I expect no easy win this time around. It'll be a heart attack game

9 minutes ago, xen said:

This.  3. Turnovers.  Only reason they were in the game.  Jags are a better team now than then, but their pass D is still suspect.  Execute the gameplan, don't turn the ball over and stay healthy.  That's what we need out of this game.

Jags got lucky against the Chargers. How many teams can be minus 5 in turnovers and still win? This week on the road against a Chiefs team that has quite a bit of playoff experience of late. Chiefs were the better team then....they're the better team now. Agree....if they play clean and not make dumb mistakes they should win handily 

13 minutes ago, xen said:

This.  3. Turnovers.  Only reason they were in the game.  Jags are a better team now than then, but their pass D is still suspect.  Execute the gameplan, don't turn the ball over and stay healthy.  That's what we need out of this game.

And Special teams excellence.

I know many of us look to that game last week but the Jag won't turn it over 5 times again and they did score 31 so imagine if they had not turned it over 5 times.  Point is you can't put much stock into any of those games.  They will be hungry to upset us and if we play our game without turnovers then this game won't be a problem.  If we screw around we might find out like the Chargers did.   I think it was good all three AFC games were ugly and the Bills and Bengals went to the wire, as it should be a wake up call to our team that anyone can lose even to a bad team.   I am pessimistically optimistic that the team will be ready to go and we will win this game pretty convincingly.  

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I know many of us look to that game last week but the Jag won't turn it over 5 times again and they did score 31 so imagine if they had not turned it over 5 times.  Point is you can't put much stock into any of those games.  They will be hungry to upset us and if we play our game without turnovers then this game won't be a problem.  If we screw around we might find out like the Chargers did.   I think it was good all three AFC games were ugly and the Bills and Bengals went to the wire, as it should be a wake up call to our team that anyone can lose even to a bad team.   I am pessimistically optimistic that the team will be ready to go and we will win this game pretty convincingly.  

Even the good teams don't score 31 points in 32 minutes against a playoff team with Bosa, James, Mack, etc. unless the other team just has a complete collapse.  Not to take anything away from the Jags comeback, but they had help from an imploding Chargers team with bad leadership.  

46 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Even the good teams don't score 31 points in 32 minutes against a playoff team with Bosa, James, Mack, etc. unless the other team just has a complete collapse.  Not to take anything away from the Jags comeback, but they had help from an imploding Chargers team with bad leadership.  

I just rewatched their game against Dallas. They rallied big time and won that game. Maybe 1 turnover.

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Trevor Lawrence said he can't imagine Arrowhead being louder than in Jacksonville. Chiefs fans: "Hold my beer"

I have been in that stadium in Jacksonville many times.  The first time was Andy's first game coaching the Chiefs.  It was so quiet in that game that the players could hear my dumbass jokes that I was yelling and were responding. It has never been super loud there in the 6 or 7 times I've been there.  He is in for a rude awakening.

22 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

I have been in that stadium in Jacksonville many times.  The first time was Andy's first game coaching the Chiefs.  It was so quiet in that game that the players could hear my dumbass jokes that I was yelling and were responding. It has never been super loud there in the 6 or 7 times I've been there.  He is in for a rude awakening.

I've been there a couple of times, both in the Reid era; and was there the first game also. The Jags weren't that good back then, so no it wasn't loud at all.  He just doesn't know any better, and I'm sure Doug P will have him prepared for it.

The Jags have little pressure to win. They can play free and take chances. I watched three games they played recently and they can move the ball. They are on a nice win streak. So the pressure is more on KC. Mahomes and Co are used to it.

Chiefs need to limit Kirk and stop Allen from getting pressure on Mahomes. Most of the Jags passing game is short passes in the middle of the field. So get the lead and put pressure on Lawrence. Lawrence can get the ball out quick so only blitz occasionally.

3 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Trevor Lawrence said he can't imagine Arrowhead being louder than in Jacksonville. Chiefs fans: "Hold my beer"

Little difference.  In JAX, the noise was when the Jags defense was on the field.  In Arrowhead it will be when Lawrence is trying to call plays.  Pederson will have them prepared for it, though. 

23 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Except the Raiders had nothing to play for. Maybe pride but clearly they were ready to quit and played a back up QB. 

Everyone's talking about Mahomes' dismal record covering the spread when they are favored by more than 7.

I ain't buying it. We gonna win by 2 TD.

I personally feel pretty good about this game considering how the chiefs played the raiders. 
with that being said, if we play a clean football game ( no turnovers , no special team screw ups) we should win. 
I’ll say it again, we are the toughest out in football. We just can’t trip on our own fuck ups. 

10 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I personally feel pretty good about this game considering how the chiefs played the raiders. 
with that being said, if we play a clean football game ( no turnovers , no special team screw ups) we should win. 
I’ll say it again, we are the toughest out in football. We just can’t trip on our own fuck ups. 

Me too. 

Andy: 

“(Lawrence) is a talented guy,” Reid noted. “You see the experiences coming into play for him now. This Jacksonville team is completely different from the first time we played them. They’re playing with a lot more confidence, defense is tight, and their playmakers are making the plays when they need to make them. Trevor Lawrence, first overall pick, has the talent to make all the throws that he needs to make, so we can’t sleep on what he’s able to do whenever he gets out there.”

As Reid said, the Jaguars offense has improved a lot since their Week 10 matchup, in which the Chiefs won 27-17. Jacksonville running back Travis Etienne Jr. only rushed for 45 yards on 11 carries in that game, while tight end Evan Engram caught just three receptions for 14 yards. Despite that midyear showing, both players were critical to Jacksonville’s success this past weekend, combining for a touchdown and 202 of the team’s 390 yards of total offense.

“Evan Engram has been having a hell of a last eight games,” Bolton told reporters on Tuesday. “His back-half eight games been great and again just doing a great job of minimizing turnovers and maximizing opportunities. They’re going out there, and putting points on the board and I kind of feel like that’s helped them a lot in the last couple of games.”

As for Etienne, Bolton says it will require a team effort to slow him down. Bolton, who had the second-most tackles in the NFL this season, emphasized the importance of tackling when it comes to someone as explosive as Etienne coming out of the backfield.

“We have to rely on our front,” responded Bolton, when asked about slowing down Etienne. “Let our front four guys do the work for us. We got to tackle out in space, and we all know he’s an explosive running back — I think he was top five in the league in explosive runs especially outside the tackle.

“So, we got to minimize those opportunities he has to break tackles on the outside and just tackle well in space. We did that well last week, and it will take all eleven of us to do it again this week.”

Though his limited usage in the first matchup is rather puzzling, Chiefs defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo should expect the Jaguars to use him more, especially after his recent success in the Wild Card round. Additionally, it should be noted that Kansas City’s defense has struggled against running backs racking up receiving yards, as they rank the third worse in that metric this season with 778 yards allowed.

There’s no denying that Travis Etienne is a great talent and the Chiefs’ defense should be fully aware of what he is capable of. That being said, it’s nothing the boys in red and gold can’t handle, as this organization is completely aware of the goal at hand. Linebackers Nick Bolton and Willie Gay Jr. will be eager to smother him, and K.C.’s tenth-best run defense has faced scarier running backs this year and emerged victorious. That’s why the Chiefs are slated as 8.5-point favorites.

All said, Etienne will surely find production, though even his best game should not prevent the Chiefs from reaching their fifth straight AFC Championship appearance.