Chiefs vs Jags.

32 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I've already read multiple times how the Jags win last week is reminiscent of the Chiefs run in 2019. Seriously? Pump the brakes media wonks.

If they come from behind to beat us on Saturday, then win the AFCCG, then come from behind to win the SB... they might have a point.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said "probably not" when asked about activating Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle/IR) from injured reserve for the Divisional Round game against Jacksonville.

Edwards-Helaire's absence will keep Isiah Pacheco and Jerick McKinnon in their main roles in Kansas City's running game. It's still possible that CEH will resurface in the conference championship round or Super Bowl, assuming the Chiefs make it that far. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

more showers than snow but yea could be wet, nasty and cold

I have to believe this would affect the Chiefs less than the Jags.  The Chiefs routinely have played in cold, inclement weather, whereas the Jags do not.  Their entire division is either warmer weather climate or domed. Pansies... 

1 minute ago, TomahawkChop said:

I have to believe this would affect the Chiefs less than the Jags.  The Chiefs routinely have played in cold, inclement weather, whereas the Jags do not.  Their entire division is either warmer weather climate or domed. Pansies... 

The coldest game I ever went to was here in Nashville. It can get pretty damn cold here ....at times 

temperatures be somewhere in the 30s against the Kansas City Chiefs this weekend, but there will also be a chance for wintry precipitation.

The temperature is expected to be in the mid to high 30s with a rain and snow mix. Precipitation will teeter between rain, snow and freezing rain throughout the football game but change over to all snow by the end of the game.

18 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said "probably not" when asked about activating Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle/IR) from injured reserve for the Divisional Round game against Jacksonville.

Edwards-Helaire's absence will keep Isiah Pacheco and Jerick McKinnon in their main roles in Kansas City's running game. It's still possible that CEH will resurface in the conference championship round or Super Bowl, assuming the Chiefs make it that far. 

Probably an injury backup for the playoffs at this point. Otherwise I don't see them waiving anyone on the roster for CEH.

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

temperatures be somewhere in the 30s against the Kansas City Chiefs this weekend, but there will also be a chance for wintry precipitation.

The temperature is expected to be in the mid to high 30s with a rain and snow mix. Precipitation will teeter between rain, snow and freezing rain throughout the football game but change over to all snow by the end of the game.

Normally it's bad for pass-heavy teams but Mahomes have enough such games under his belt to overcome. In the mean time we might as well try that run thing. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I guess any rumors that Cheffers was not in the playoffs was WRONG! Luckily we dont get him this weekend

Said it before in a post asking who he favored for cincy and bills. He hates both equally. Good thing is they don't do back to back games in the same conference so he won't be there next weekend if we win.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

To be fair he throws well in every condition :) This has the looks of a real trap game but in the playoffs. 

The question is does Lawrence throw well in the cold?  Most QBs do not throw as well. Jags have won 7 in a row so I dont think this is a trap game. They remind me of Cinn last year. Up and coming for sure. Last 12 games Lawrence #s very close to PM. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I guess any rumors that Cheffers was not in the playoffs was WRONG! Luckily we dont get him this weekend

So hochuli threw the 2 nd most flags this year. 
he also threw 2 nd most for roughing the passer. 

with that said, glad we don’t have cheffers. 

Christian Kirk in the slot vs. Trent McDuffie

Cornerback L’Jarius Sneed has been the Chiefs’ primary slot defender for quite a while — but since Week 16, Trent McDuffie has taken over the role. Acccording to Next Gen Stats, McDuffie has lined up in the slot for 77 snaps in those three games, while Sneed has been there for only four. In that period, McDuffie has allowed six catches for 49 yards and a touchdown — but if you exclude the fourth quarter of the 31-13 blowout against the Las Vegas Raiders, it’s just two catches for 10 yards and no touchdowns. Over these three games, McDuffie has completely locked down opposing slot receivers. We should expect that to continue during the playoffs.

His skills will be needed there, because Christian Kirk — the Jaguars’ best receiver — runs most of his snaps from the slot. On the season, he has 60 catches for 815 yards and four touchdowns from that alignment. Those numbers all rank second in the league from the slot.

Jacksonville quarterback Trevor Lawerence is likely to target Kirk early and often. Saturday’s game will be a big test for Kansas City’s first-round rookie.