Chiefs vs Jags.

Jacksonville’s interior line — guards Tyler Shatley and Brandon Scherff, plus center Luke Fortner — will have the responsibility of stopping Jones on Saturday. Per Pro Football Focus, this trio rates below average on pass blocking — and both Scherff and Fortner rank well below average at their positions. Even worse for the Jaguars, both have been limited with injuries this week. In the Week 10 game against Jacksonville, Jones had 1.5 sacks — and defensive tackle Khalen Saunders added a sack of his own from the interior.

Expect Jones to make an impact early and often on Saturday.

Chiefs’ quarterback Patrick Mahomes has not done well against these quick pressures. He’s faced 167 this season — and in those reps, his EPA is -71.5 with seven interceptions and a passer rating of just 56. But when he hasn’t seen quick pressures, his EPA has been +201.6 with 30 touchdowns and only five interceptions — and a passer rating of 117.2.

According to NGS, Kansas City left tackle Orlando Brown has allowed just 12 pressures in the last seven weeks — and only two have been quick pressures. If Brown can keep Allen relatively quiet, Mahomes should have the time to pick apart the Jacksonville defense.

Concerns that need addressed by Andy & Co:

Jax has a solid DL... even though they didn't get any sacks last time around, look for Pederson to mix it up this time. OL needs to have a solid game.

Chiefs are turnover heavy this year. This needs to stop over the next (hopefully) 3 games.

Chiefs defense is DISMAL in the red zone, giving up a TD on 2 of every 3 drives. This gotta stop.

Chiefs interior DL is among the best in the league... but their edge rushers haven't been great. Clark needs to earn his pay. Danna is actually rated better than Clark this season, IIRC. Thankfully Karlaftis has been coming on strong... we're going to need him.

I'm still pretty confident in this game, but as kickoff nears my confidence wanes... because CHIEFS. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I wonder if Pederson went back and looked at the Cincy - Chiefs AFCCG to gain some ideas. That 2nd half Mahomes was abysmal....

Wait....of course he did. Don't be shocked to see some 8 man drops into coverage.

I have to think that was the tyreek affect and we didn't utilize McKinnon( maybe he was hurt)? nor had Pacheco. they drop 8 Pacheco runs for 10-15 all day 

It's weird. We should have utmost confidence in the Chiefs. 14-3 record. #1 seed. Best QB on the planet. An innovative offensive mind in Andy Reid. Solid 1-2 RB punch in McKinnon and Pacheco. All world TE in Kelce. Juju has been solid. Toney is emerging. Best interior DL in Jones. Karlaftis is emerging. Bolton set a team record for tackles. McDuffie is solid. Reid has played better as of late. I could go on....and yet there seems to be a lot of hand wringing and concerns about the Chiefs being able to put the Jags down. 

4 minutes ago, dhitter said:

It's weird. We should have utmost confidence in the Chiefs. 14-3 record. #1 seed. Best QB on the planet. An innovative offensive mind in Andy Reid. Solid 1-2 RB punch in McKinnon and Pacheco. All world TE in Kelce. Juju has been solid. Toney is emerging. Best interior DL in Jones. Karlaftis is emerging. Bolton set a team record for tackles. McDuffie is solid. Reid has played better as of late. I could go on....and yet there seems to be a lot of hand wringing and concerns about the Chiefs being able to put the Jags down. 

because....Chiefs. Not sure some of us will ever get over it

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

According to NGS, Kansas City left tackle Orlando Brown has allowed just 12 pressures in the last seven weeks — and only two have been quick pressures. If Brown can keep Allen relatively quiet, Mahomes should have the time to pick apart the Jacksonville defense.

It's not Brown's end of the line that I'm most worried about.  If Allen is switched to Wylie's side, look out. 

26 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

because....Chiefs. Not sure some of us will ever get over it

Annnd, because they (the chiefs) always do shit to keep us in this state of mind...

I'm pretty sure the Jags will employ some form of dropping 7 or 8 into coverage on 2nd and 3rd downs....Will Andy run the ball?????

Or will he and EB have PM15 back there holding the ball for 20 seconds trying to figure out how to thread the needle to 4 recievers versus 6 DBs??

That's the kinda shit that keeps us in that STATE OF MIND.

18 hours ago, dhitter said:

Not from me. I have zero doubt we win today. It may not be pretty, but we aren't losing this game.

Chiefs vs. Jaguars: Kelce goes berserk

When the Chiefs and Jaguars played back in Week 10, Travis Kelce had a good game. He caught 6 of 7 passes thrown in his direction, totaling 81 yards and a touchdown. But as we know, Kelce is capable of much more than even that stat line. And the Jaguars struggled badly to defend tight ends this season. Jacksonville ranked 32nd (also known as last) in the NFL in DVOA on throws to tight ends, according to Football Outsiders. The Jags yielded 81 receptions for 1,066 yards and seven scores to players at the position, and we have seen their linebackers, in particular, get taken advantage of in coverage throughout the year. Even against the Chargers last week, Gerald Everett and Donal Parham combined for 10 receptions for 133 yards and a score on 13 targets. Expect Kelce to have a big day on Saturday

Patrick Mahomes has scrambled 119 consecutive times without being sacked, the longest streak in the Next Gen Stats era (since 2016). Mahomes also holds the 2nd-longest streak (108 scrambles), which lasted from Week 11, 2019 to Week 5, 2020

Mahomes is very efficient with his decision-making to scramble, proven by the fact that he has not scrambled into a sack since the AFC Championship in 2021 — two years ago!

That skill will be important against Jacksonville, especially on obvious passing downs when the Jaguars send four edge-rushing types at once. Scrambling can not only negate that pressure but relieve Mahomes from forcing a throw that isn’t there against seven in coverage.

19 hours ago, dhitter said:

I wonder if Pederson went back and looked at the Cincy - Chiefs AFCCG to gain some ideas. That 2nd half Mahomes was abysmal....

Wait....of course he did. Don't be shocked to see some 8 man drops into coverage.

If they drop 8 it is just giving the Chiefs the run .... wait.

3 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

If they drop 8 it is just giving the Chiefs the run .... wait.

Wet field and conditions could make dropping 8 a liability.  Lots of three tight end sets today from KC. 

I actually, call me crazy, think KC will run the ball.