1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

coaching counts ..the end

For all the whining about Andy and his inability to call run plays when it's first and goal from the two, we are lucky as fans to have him as coach for our team.  Staley couldn't have worked any harder to keep his team from advancing by his game management and wrecking players in a meaningless game.  Chargers fans, it there are any left, must be going crazy. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

For all the whining about Andy and his inability to call run plays when it's first and goal from the two, we are lucky as fans to have him as coach for our team.  Staley couldn't have worked any harder to keep his team from advancing by his game management and wrecking players in a meaningless game.  Chargers fans, it there are any left, must be going crazy. 

I agree to a point. But Andy has Pat. If you put Mahomes on the MIA or BALT teams yesterday, with their current coaches, they both win. Remember Andy was HC when we gave up 28 point lead in the 3rd to IND. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have happened with Pat. 

18 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I agree to a point. But Andy has Pat. If you put Mahomes on the MIA or BALT teams yesterday, with their current coaches, they both win. Remember Andy was HC when we gave up 28 point lead in the 3rd to IND. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have happened with Pat. 

1+1=2 that's a fact Bilichek had Brady and on and on and on. How many coaches have been to multiple SB's with more than one Qb? a much smaller sample. Shit happens every SB winning /HOF Coach  has had a team melt down more than once I take nothing from Big Red. Staley playing core members last week was just lunacy, coaches have been fired for much less. 

IF the Chiefgs lose to the Jags there will be some slapnuts calling for Reid's head..bank on it and I already think I know who it'll be

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Bilichek had Brady

I think you're making my point. Look at Belichick without Brady. Terrible record. Though Andy has a very good record without Mahomes but he's not a championship coach without him. I like how Andy coaches most of the time. I like how he relates to players and how they respond to him. It's a QB league. If you have an elite one and we have the best, you have a chance. Look at SB winners and their QBs in the last 15-18 years. You do have Wentz/Foles in there, now THAT was amazing coaching as we see what's happened to both those QBs since separating from Pederson. In fact, I personally believe Pederson is currently the best coach in the league and I don't think it's close after that. JAX had won 4 games in 2 years and are playing us next week.

34 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I think you're making my point. Look at Belichick without Brady. Terrible record. Though Andy has a very good record without Mahomes but he's not a championship coach without him. I like how Andy coaches most of the time. I like how he relates to players and how they respond to him. It's a QB league. If you have an elite one and we have the best, you have a chance. Look at SB winners and their QBs in the last 15-18 years. You do have Wentz/Foles in there, now THAT was amazing coaching as we see what's happened to both those QBs since separating from Pederson. In fact, I personally believe Pederson is currently the best coach in the league and I don't think it's close after that. JAX had won 4 games in 2 years and are playing us next week.

Andy did go to the SB with Philly and McNabb was no Mahomes. I agree Pederson  is doing a great job with the Jags. He's just what Avatar needed. ( that's POOTs nick name for Lawrence, said if ya painted him blue he'd be one of them Avatars like in the movie)

30 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Pederson also took a super bowl team down to 4 wins.  And someone inherited them and has them number 1 in the nfc. The sudden and sustained change of culture that andy brought here has not been seen often. 

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

sure it would it has already kind of.       Last year AFC title game against Bengals as exhibit 1. 

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Mahomes is elite, no question.  The question is would he have been as successful in another coach's system.  Reid got the best out of McNabb and did pretty well with Vick.  Agree that he gets too cute with his play calling and frustrating with the refusal to run in some obvious situations.  But a head coach's main job is to get the best out of his talent available.  I think Reid is near the top at that.  

1 minute ago, azchief21 said:

So did Andy with PHIL

and I'd imagine when/if that times comes he'll probably retire I personally think he's got no more than 5 years left. All coaches message gets stale. Marty's did as did Stram's and the list goes on and on

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The question is would he have been as successful in another coach's system

Absolutely. Probably half of Mahomes huge plays are broken and scrambled. The system broke down. Put Mahomes on MIA., MINN or SD over the weekend and all those teams advance. Tyreek & Waddle? Jefferson & Thielen? Imagine Mahomes in DAL or SF or JAX. Put him in BUFF last year and they're SB champs. Imagine him the the O Line and WRs in TB. Tom who?

Don't get me wrong. Andy is definitely a playoff coach. He's a SB champ with Mahomes. In the 13 years after going to SB with PHIL Andy had a 4-8 record in playoffs, missing the playoffs 5 times and 5 one and dones. With Mahomes 8-3 in only 4 seasons. (not including rookie year or this year) A SB championship, 2 SB appearance 4 consecutive home AFCCG appearances. I'd say Mahomes made Reid a superstar. Mahomes would be a superstar on many NFL teams. He's no Andy Reid system QB. He's a generational type talent. 

11 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Don't get me wrong. Andy is definitely a playoff coach. He's a SB champ with Mahomes. In the 13 years after going to SB with PHIL Andy had a 4-8 record in playoffs, missing the playoffs 5 times and 5 one and dones. With Mahomes 8-3 in only 4 seasons. (not including rookie year or this year) A SB championship, 2 SB appearance 4 consecutive home AFCCG appearances. I'd say Mahomes made Reid a superstar. Mahomes would be a superstar on many NFL teams. He's no Andy Reid system QB. He's a generational type talent. 

I'm only arguing your notion that pederson is by far the best coach in the nfl.  The Jags turnaround is nice and he's a good coach.  But the reason they are better is in large part from having the number 1 pick in a year with a consensus star quarterback. Like the colts with luck. 

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I'm only arguing your notion that pederson is by far the best coach in the nfl.  The Jags turnaround is nice and he's a good coach.  But the reason they are better is in large part from having the number 1 pick in a year with a consensus star quarterback. Like the colts with luck. 

He won a SB in his 2nd year at Philly WITH Wentz/Foles. Have you seen them since then?  He took an absolute dumpster fire to a playoff victory in his first season. They play us next week and it will be tough.  

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Pederson also took a super bowl team down to 4 wins.  And someone inherited them and has them number 1 in the nfc. The sudden and sustained change of culture that andy brought here has not been seen often. 

Not sure if that was all Pederson's fault though.   He was definitely the scape goat.  The Eagles went out and blew their wad on FA's and did really well in the draft.  A good organization for sure but Pederson wasn't the reason why the fell off after the SB.  You are right about Reid.  Reid has done this twice with two organizations.  He isn't perfect but he is better than Pederson.  Pederson did his qb no favors that first half after the 2nd int.  Some of his play calling was interesting but it turned out ok because they won.  If SD actually had a HC the don't lose that game.  I like Pederson and think he is a good HC but getting a young and talented group to the playoffs in that division isn't rocket science, keeping them atop their division for nearly a decade is a whole other story.   Maintained excellence in this league is rare and special.  Andy has taken two teams to SB appearances and has maintained success twice.  Not even BB has done that.

47 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

He won a SB in his 2nd year at Philly WITH Wentz/Foles. Have you seen them since then?  He took an absolute dumpster fire to a playoff victory in his first season. They play us next week and it will be tough.  

Wentz and Foles haven't set the NFL on fire, but then Pederson didn't either after that season.  If Wentz had been coached by Reid would he be having a better career?  No way to know.  Can't we just agree that Reid and Mahomes have both enhanced each others success and it's fortunate for Chiefs' fans that they came together in KC.