1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Can't we just agree that Reid and Mahomes have both enhanced each others success and it's fortunate for Chiefs' fans that they came together in KC.

Absolutely. Just trying to point out how valuable and fortunate we are to have Mahomes. I've complimented Reid many times for who he is. 

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Wentz and Foles haven't set the NFL on fire, but then Pederson didn't either after that season.  If Wentz had been coached by Reid would he be having a better career?  No way to know.  Can't we just agree that Reid and Mahomes have both enhanced each others success and it's fortunate for Chiefs' fans that they came together in KC.

^

This.

I've just been happy these last few seasons since Mahomes . It's exciting to know every post-season that my team is there, and has a legit chance to win it all. 

3 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Absolutely. Just trying to point out how valuable and fortunate we are to have Mahomes. I've complimented Reid many times for who he is. 

Yeah, we could have had Trubisky if Reid hadn't led the Chiefs to a playoff slot the previous season..  🙂

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Don't get me wrong. Andy is definitely a playoff coach. He's a SB champ with Mahomes. In the 13 years after going to SB with PHIL Andy had a 4-8 record in playoffs, missing the playoffs 5 times and 5 one and dones. With Mahomes 8-3 in only 4 seasons. (not including rookie year or this year) A SB championship, 2 SB appearance 4 consecutive home AFCCG appearances. I'd say Mahomes made Reid a superstar. Mahomes would be a superstar on many NFL teams. He's no Andy Reid system QB. He's a generational type talent. 

I would tend to agree. That said without Andy and Alex I think it would have taken Pat longer to get there.  With a lesser coach it also would have taken Pat longer to adapt his game after the league adjusted.  As it is, it took, what, about 1/2 to 2/3 of last season?  That's amazing.  Most QBs don't change their game to that extent.

15 minutes ago, xen said:

I would tend to agree. That said without Andy and Alex I think it would have taken Pat longer to get there.  With a lesser coach it also would have taken Pat longer to adapt his game after the league adjusted.  As it is, it took, what, about 1/2 to 2/3 of last season?  That's amazing.  Most QBs don't change their game to that extent.

Then again there is Brock Purdy MR Irrelevant. So you never know who or what.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

I think mahomes would be really good anywhere.  But i think andy made him a super star. 

I think Andy made him better but I think Mahomes was going to be a superstar for over half the franchises in the NFL.  Obviously there are some that would have wrecked him but Mahomes with Sean Payton would have been nice.  I agree though.  Andy has definitely made him better.  Glad we had both the coach and the qb at the right moment in time.    

6 minutes ago, xen said:

Qb friendly system plus surrounded by a ton of talent.  Wake me up when he's been starting a few years.  

That is the point. If the last guy in the draft can find crazy success as an NFL QB then teams can " make their system QB friendly". This is not my Dads NFL. Its the QB friendly and receiver friendly NFL. Its much easier to play QB in todays NFL. I think Mahomes would have done just fine year one. Reid would have schemed him for success. Reid would have made the system more QB friendly starting out. They had Smith so they had time to nurture. Teams will probably start drafting several QBs late in drafts. 

5 hours ago, xen said:

You make a good point xen.  Lots of young qbs have burst on the scene but maintaining that elite level of play after the NFL figures out what you like to do is another story.  Shoot, I'm not sure the NFL has ever adjusted the way they did for Mahomes.  A testament to his ability.