Would you pay Lamar?

arthur75

All this talk this morning about paying Lamar his money and that he deserves this or that. I am curious if anybody here would pay him what he wants or let him walk. I think he wants close to Watson money. 

As for me I would let him walk. His style will never win a super bowl and to me he is one hit away from being an afterthought. Besides he is not a very accurate thrower of the football anyway.  So for me I say pass. What say you?

2 hours ago, arthur75 said:

All this talk this morning about paying Lamar his money and that he deserves this or that. I am curious if anybody here would pay him what he wants or let him walk. I think he wants close to Watson money. 

As for me I would let him walk. His style will never win a super bowl and to me he is one hit away from being an afterthought. Besides he is not a very accurate thrower of the football anyway.  So for me I say pass. What say you?

I wouldn't pay him but i think the ravens may not have much of a choice, they built their team around his style of play so they do not have much of an alternative

21 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

I wouldn't pay him but i think the ravens may not have much of a choice, they built their team around his style of play so they do not have much of an alternative

I would rebuild. By not paying him you have the money to do exactly that. Keep that defense but rebuild the offense. Trade for Hopkins get you a QB like Carr or Garropalo(sp). That team would be scary I think. But with Lamar you are barely a playoff team and thats only if your division sucks like they usuallly do. 

Just spit ballin here, so all of you can just keep your panties on.  

I wouldn't pay him to be quarterback, and he wouldn't do what I'm proposing.  But...

He would be an intriguing "tight end"/"wide out" assuming he can catch the ball.  He's 6' 2".  230#  and obviously a tremendous athlete.  I would think Andy could scheme up some things for him.  

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

Just spit ballin here, so all of you can just keep your panties on.  

I wouldn't pay him to be quarterback, and he wouldn't do what I'm proposing.  But...

He would be an intriguing "tight end"/"wide out" assuming he can catch the ball.  He's 6' 2".  230#  and obviously a tremendous athlete.  I would think Andy could scheme up some things for him.  

He would be tremendous as not a quarterback. He'll never agree to it. He'll be the Raiders QB next year. 

25 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Ravens fired their OC Greg Roman today.  Makes you wonder if they aren't thinking of going in a different direction like others have suggested

Agree with those that said just to start over 

they have a very good running game so that's a good way to start

Personally I wouldn't.  Best ability is availability, and he just doesn't have it.  I wouldn't let Lamar Walk, but i'd certainly tag and trade...

49ers would be unbeatable with him

I think if the Ravens think they are in come kind of window that a trade with Green bay for Rodgers would be beneficial to both.  They don't care about WRs and Lamar doesn't either,lol

2 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

Personally I wouldn't.  Best ability is availability, and he just doesn't have it.  I wouldn't let Lamar Walk, but i'd certainly tag and trade...

49ers would be unbeatable with him

I think if the Ravens think they are in come kind of window that a trade with Green bay for Rodgers would be beneficial to both.  They don't care about WRs and Lamar doesn't either,lol

I'm pretty sure between Lance and Purdy they feel pretty comfortable and they should

1 hour ago, Okiechief1 said:

Yep.  2 QBs they can win with on rookie contracts.   They might be able to flip one of them for picks if they wanted to, but the best news outta that it won't be KC trading for a sf QB.  

Purdy looks to be out with Tommy John surgery. Could be 6 months or more for recovery. 

I would look to trade Lamar. He's not a QB that will win in the offseason and the cost doesn't justify him as somewhat of a stop-gap. Trade him to a loser that's desperate for regular season wins and build around a more classical QB. A trade would likely bring a 1st which could be packaged to move up.

37 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I would look to trade Lamar. He's not a QB that will win in the offseason and the cost doesn't justify him as somewhat of a stop-gap. Trade him to a loser that's desperate for regular season wins and build around a more classical QB. A trade would likely bring a 1st which could be packaged to move up.

Isn't he a FA  now unless they tag him? Thats a $32M price tag! Phins will be needing a Qb, that'd be a good place for him but who'd want to afford him for that AND a draft pick?

On 1/30/2023 at 3:12 PM, oldtimer said:

I'm pretty sure between Lance and Purdy they feel pretty comfortable and they should

I would think so too, but I'm hearing (you know what i mean, internet chatter, lol) that the ownership is pretty restless about their window only being another year or two before they have to start paying everyone, and as much as I'd wanna roll with Purdy, that kind of injury isn't something that's happened much with QBs and there's no real precedence on if he will come back 100% or not.   

I think it would be fair to say that the 49ers are winning in spite of their QB, not because of them.  I think it would also be fair to say that they are a QB away from a superbowl (as evidenced this season). 

In the end I imagine they will stick with what they have, but they may regret that in the end...