Would you pay Lamar?

arthur75

• 1 month later...

Lamar Jackson Requested a Trade From Ravens On March 2

Lamar Jackson requested a trade from the Baltimore Ravens on March 2, the quarterback announced on Twitter Monday.

"A letter to my Fans. I want to first thank you all for all of the love and support you consistently show towards me. All of you are amazing and I appreciate y’all so much. I want you all to know not to believe everything you read about me. Let me personally answer your questions.

"In regards to my future plans. As of March 2nd I requested a trade from the Ravens organization for which the Ravens has not been interested in meeting my value, any and everyone that’s has met me or been around me know I love the game of football and my dream is to help a team...

"...Win the super bowl. You all are great but I had to make a business decision that was best for my family and I. No matter how far I go or where my career takes me, I’ll continue to be close to my fans of Baltimore Flock nation and the entire State of Maryland. You’ll See me again."

The Ravens placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on Jackson this offseason, allowing him to negotiate deals with other teams and if he's offered one, Baltimore has a chance to match it and keep Jackson put.

That seems unlikely now that the quarterback has requested out of the organization, but Ravens head coach John Harbaugh is preparing as though Jackson will be under center in 2023.

“I’m getting ready for Lamar," Harbaugh told NFL Network's Ian Rapoport on Monday. "When Lamar gets back on this train, it’s moving full speed.”

Methinks they pay him. It’s funny the Browns really fucked things up lmao

It’s so challenging to find a star studded QB. Look at the once great AFC franchises of the Pats, Steelers, Colts, Donkeys. They’re nothing now without a great QB to lead them. 

So is it more risky to pay Lamar or seek another star QB. 

• 3 weeks later...