2023 going to Germany

https://www.chiefs.com/news/chiefs-designated-to-play-game-in-germany-in-2023

Chiefs Designated to Play Game in Germany in 2023

Game will mark the club's third regular season international contest

Jan 19, 2023 at 06:30 AM

The National Football League announced on Thursday that the Kansas City Chiefs have been designated to play one of two international games in Germany during the 2023 season. The date, time and opponent for the game are being finalized and will be announced by the NFL at a later date.

"We are incredibly excited to put the Kansas City Chiefs and all of Chiefs Kingdom on the international stage with a Germany game in 2023," Chiefs President Mark Donovan said. "We've aggressively pursued this opportunity because we know how passionate German fans are about NFL football and we're committed to the international growth of the game as well as our brand. We think we'll be able to provide the right mix of opportunities for our existing Season Ticket Members and domestic fans while also creating unique experiences that will make this memorable for German fans as well."

Not a fan of regular season games being across the pond. I know its always about money but it would be nice if they thought about the fans and season ticket holders. If they want to play across the pond make it a preseason game. Like maybe the last or second preseason game. But at least we know where us as fans stand. If they could make more money somewhere else they will be there. We are replaceable.

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Greedy NFL. That travel is nasty. Usually followed with a BYE. GREED GREED GREED Especially bad when it would be a home game. No home field advantage there.

We have 9 Home Games, one of those is the Overseas game which leaves the regular 8 at Arrowhead. Works better with the 17 game schedule than the 16

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

We have 9 Home Games, one of those is the Overseas game which leaves the regular 8 at Arrowhead. Works better with the 17 game schedule than the 16

So its like having three years in a row with 9 road games cause next year will be 9 road games. BS 

NFL just needs to figure this out....  it should be easy enough.  There's London, Berlin ,Munich, and Mexico City already as known places to have games.  There are 9 Bye weeks in which someone has a bye, so call it 8 due to the travel and the mandatory bye after an international game.  Make it 8 home, 8 away, and 1 neutral site international game every season.  Id have to think logistically it would be easy to figure out a way to get 16 games in 4 venues over an 8 week period.   Actually, I think london has had games at two different venues, so that opens up another. Not enough venues still?  There's gotta be a deal that can be made with places like Rio De Jinero, Barcelona, Montreal, Toronto, Rome, Sydney, etc.  

This seriously feels like they are making it harder than it needs to be.  Its not a disadvantage to those what lose a home game, and you would think this would help expand that global market.  

Maybe I'm just ignorant, but i'd really think that there would be no issue finding 16 venues worldwide to host one game per year.  Even just 12 since i think London has done 3-4 for awhile now.