AFC playoff chiefs vs Jags game day thread

29 minutes ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

is that a per game or all time record?

All time receiving yards in playoffs  he is tied for yards for first with gronkowski. He passed for all time tds in playoffs for a te with 2 td today, one more than gronk. Gronk played 22 playoff games, kelce 16 so far. 

9 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Jags are a young inexperienced team. We might not be so lucky against Buffalo or Cincy.

You're right of course... but certain teams line up better than others, and I think the Jags are one of those teams built to give us trouble. Their DL is top notch, and their OL gave TL a lot of time today.

I have no idea where Gay and Chenal were today but I hope they show up next week.

Just now, Holmes4six! said:

Proud of our young defense. I may take some heat for that but I don’t care. 
no PI calls and they were in position. 
few screw ups but this is the nfl. Very difficult to completely shut someone down. 
they made the plays when it counted. 
love it! 

That one handed magic by Watson was Big League stuff.

3 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

few screw ups but this is the nfl. Very difficult to completely shut someone down. 
love it! 

A little out of position at times in zone but overall well played. Overall well played at times, half of our D are rookies.

The day we run Pacheco 20 times is the day it’s an easy win. The continued  stubbornness to not run it more is mind blowing. 
yes we won but that effort wont work next week: no chance. 

outside of jones, sneed is the one guy we can’t lose. If he’s out, that’s a major issue. The bengals or bills wr will eat them alive.

8 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

love it! 

Better hope sneed is ok.

18 minutes ago, Calichief said:

The day we run Pacheco 20 times is the day it’s an easy win. The continued  stubbornness to not run it more is mind blowing. 
yes we won but that effort wont work next week: no chance. 

outside of jones, sneed is the one guy we can’t lose. If he’s out, that’s a major issue. The bengals or bills wr will eat them alive.

12 carries; 95 yds

just 12 carries

but I think we all see why McKinnon is in the game... good lord he fucking WRECKED that blitzing LB

9 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Sure, but the 11 for 27 is where I gave the issue 

just give the guy the ball 

It’s too bad reid doesn’t value running the ball more. 
Mitch sure looked like Doug pederson learned from Andy. They only had 14 Carry’s I think. 
( playing from behind also where ried wasn’t. )

4 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

OBJ introduces himself as EZ money then couldn't slow anybody down including the guy that hurt Mahomes. Let him walk. 

Shit was intentional.  They were out to hurt Mahomes any way any how.  Dirty team trash city.  Enjoy the flight home losers.

What a wild and crazy game.  Mahomes going down takes some of the joy out of this win!  It really is amazing what he means to this team.  We advanced which is amazing and the sign of a good experienced team but now we can only hope Mahomes ankle miraculously gets healed up.  Also, starting to think a replacement at LT should be top priority along with RT and DE.  Our   Toub's unit still struggling but at least Butker was nails!  Not sure if we can beat the Bills or Bengals if Mahomes isn't at least 85% unless the D plays out of its mind and gets some TOs, but we made it to another AFCCG.    Loved seeing some rookies step up in key moments.  The future is bright even if this years playoffs moving forward is a bit more uncertain.   Finally Kecle was amazing tonight and so was Pacheco.  I love McKinnon for Pass Pro and screens etc but Pacheco has to get the ball more.  It felt closer during the game because of the Mahomes injury but this game wasn't that close.   Great win and now get Mahomes healthy...ier.

Our Oline is touted as one of the best in the L but we are no were near as good as the Eagles Oline.  Gotta go get some stud tackles this offseason.  If Mahomes isn't hurt we have a chance in any game we play.  Too many hits and pressures this year especially for guy wanting top LT money.  Before today I was pay him a little less and move on but I now think it would be a mistake.  If this is his best (contract year) we might not get any better play from him and there is reasonable good chance he relaxes after he gets paid.  

6 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Our Oline is touted as one of the best in the L but we are no were near as good as the Eagles Oline.  Gotta go get some stud tackles this offseason.  If Mahomes isn't hurt we have a chance in any game we play.  Too many hits and pressures this year especially for guy wanting top LT money.  Before today I was pay him a little less and move on but I now think it would be a mistake.  If this is his best (contract year) we might not get any better play from him and there is reasonable good chance he relaxes after he gets paid.  

Dude will be the offensive line equivalent of Albert Haynesworth once he gets paid.