AFC playoff chiefs vs Jags game day thread

14 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Dude will be the offensive line equivalent of Albert Haynesworth once he gets paid.

I'm afraid you are 100% right.  Was hoping our LT situation would have been resolved by OBJ playing like a top 5 tackle, but that is not the case.  

17 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

The Jaguars are going to be a problem in the coming years 

I agree.....but Lawrence wilts really bad under pressure and he is still on his rookie contract.  All these teams (Cincy, SD, Jacksonville, and Philly) are benefiting from rookie deal QBs.  None of their qbs are as good as ours (Burrows is close) and all of them are gonna end up making and costing more than Mahomes.  Their window is now.   They will be better next year but so will we.  Only time will tell how much of a problem.  

17 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I agree.....but Lawrence wilts really bad under pressure and he is still on his rookie contract.  All these teams (Cincy, SD, Jacksonville, and Philly) are benefiting from rookie deal QBs.  None of their qbs are as good as ours (Burrows is close) and all of them are gonna end up making and costing more than Mahomes.  Their window is now.   They will be better next year but so will we.  Only time will tell how much of a problem.  

Cinci is the one that's going to have trouble when they have to figure out how to pay Chase and Burrow.  I'd be shocked if Chase gets a 2nd contract with the Bengals. 

16 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Well, I watched the game with a crowd of family and friends and thought the Chiefs had the game under control in spite of a hobbled Mahomes.  Then I came home and thought to check what the CC experts thought.  WOW!  The Chiefs lucked out and sneaked a victory in spite of having the worst LT in the league, the worst DE, the most disorganized secondary, a stupid coach, the worst ST, helpless LBs, horrible scheme by the DC, and an O-line that's vastly overrated.  Guess I watched a different game.  I thought the Chiefs had overcome adversity, lead all the way, and won.

Lighten up Francis. It's our God-given right to bitch.

11 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Cinci is the one that's going to have trouble when they have to figure out how to pay Chase and Burrow.  I'd be shocked if Chase gets a 2nd contract with the Bengals. 

It’s going to be interesting for them because Higgins is due as well. 

1 hour ago, mex said:

One thing in this thread that stood out to me was all the whining about Frank Clark.  The D line had a good game against the pass and Clark was a big part of it.  So was Jones, Saunders, and even Nnadi somehow got a sack.  It's the best time in history to be a Chiefs' fan so enjoy the ride while it lasts. 

1 hour ago, mex said:

I tried to watch the game in the Lets Go Chiefs YouTube channel.  What a bunch of PC bitches.  Anyone who had anything aside from positive handholding was put in time out.  Immediately unsubscribed.  

1 hour ago, Mr Ev said:

I tried to watch the game in the Lets Go Chiefs YouTube channel.  What a bunch of PC bitches.  Anyone who had anything aside from positive handholding was put in time out.  Immediately unsubscribed.  

That's OK we're close to unsubscribing from you as well.

3 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

So one thing that stands out from yesterday game and it’s been an issue all season is 3rd and short. 
what do we have to do to fix this. 
we ain’t doing QB sneaks. 
I see other teams line up and make it with ease. 

For starters, that TE taking the snap formation isn’t fooling anyone.  

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

Well, I watched the game with a crowd of family and friends and thought the Chiefs had the game under control in spite of a hobbled Mahomes.  Then I came home and thought to check what the CC experts thought.  WOW!  The Chiefs lucked out and sneaked a victory in spite of having the worst LT in the league, the worst DE, the most disorganized secondary, a stupid coach, the worst ST, helpless LBs, horrible scheme by the DC, and an O-line that's vastly overrated.  Guess I watched a different game.  I thought the Chiefs had overcome adversity, lead all the way, and won.

You beat me to it Jet but agree. That thread was certainly worth the admission price.  I was surprisingly calm with Henne walking out onto the field, he's exactly what you want and we need in a back up. That was the longest TD drive in Chiefs Playoff History..impressive.

Jags  have some incredibly high picks and are well coached by an long time Andy disciple  AND they just  won several games in a row  and came back from a 27 point deficit . I dont care who you are playing that is impressive as well and gives teams faith, Faith moves mountains.

It was a good win  against a solid team... enjoy it

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-chiefs-broke-the-jaguars-with-their-pass-rush-then-swept-up-the-pieces/ar-AA16BwJf?cvid=20eceb526d2f41708596a23b74aea567

The Chiefs and defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo found ways to bring pressure on seemingly every passing down. The Jaguars and head coach Doug Pederson worked around it as long as they could. They lost as a result.

This wasn’t unexpected. The Chiefs spent 2022 injecting chaos into the pocket. Their 24.9 percent pressure rate ranked fifth in the NFL. Their 55 sacks were second most. Pederson knew this and tailored his offense around it. To a fault.

Lawrence engineered a conservative passing game seven days after throwing four first half interceptions against the Los Angeles Chargers. His average target depth dipped to 5.0 yards in the first three quarters. His average time to throw was a mere 2.51 seconds — below his season-long 2.59, which was already fourth-lowest in the league.

Kansas City had pressure in Lawrence’s face all night. Pederson was able to plan around this to the tune of only two sacks and seven quarterback hits, but wasn’t able to turn that into sustained drives and meaningful points. Jacksonville’s answer to the Chiefs’ constant pressure was to get the ball to its playmakers near the line of scrimmage and hope they would make plays.

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

One thing in this thread that stood out to me was all the whining about Frank Clark.  The D line had a good game against the pass and Clark was a big part of it.  So was Jones, Saunders, and even Nnadi somehow got a sack.  It's the best time in history to be a Chiefs' fan so enjoy the ride while it lasts. 

Frank Clark sucks.

33 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You beat me to it Jet but agree. That thread was certainly worth the admission price.  I was surprisingly calm with Henne walking out onto the field, he's exactly what you want and we need in a back up. That was the longest TD drive in Chiefs Playoff History..impressive.

Jags  have some incredibly high picks and are well coached by an long time Andy disciple  AND they just  won several games in a row  and came back from a 27 point deficit . I dont care who you are playing that is impressive as well and gives teams faith, Faith moves mountains.

It was a good win  against a solid team... enjoy it

Their defense matches up better against us than anyone's IMO. As long as Sneed is healthy and Patrick's mobility returns, we have a solid chance.

When we win the turnover battle, good things happen.

17 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It'd of been nice to see a beat down like the Eagles gave the G-Men but  the AFC Final 4 is much stronger than the NFCs. I suspect we'll see a similar beat down of the Plowboys. 

The eagles and the 9ers are both legit.  

The 9ers are better than when we played them. The Purdy kid might be their answer.  Not Lance.

8 minutes ago, SEMO said:

The eagles and the 9ers are both legit.  

The 9ers are better than when we played them. The Purdy kid might be their answer.  Not Lance.

If only thy kept that one dude…the kneel king.  They’d be a dynasty by now. 😂