AFC playoff chiefs vs Jags game day thread

11 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

When Pacheco put his head down and turned on the burners it had a JC vibe. He's got a ways to go as JC was one of the best Chiefs but looking good as a rook:

I was hoping Pacheco was gonna use the crown of his helmet to punish someone.  Too bad…eye for and eye. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Went through the OT prospects for the draft. We need to pile up on those and keep Mahomes uprights. The rest is just bonus.

I rewatched the game. The oline did a really good job of giving Mahomes & Henne plenty of time. Especially when the team was forced to get it out faster. The Magic of Mahomes is extending plays and that creates more pressure and potential for injuries. The tackles played well. No position platers played perfect.

D had lots of pressure # 5 in the league this year and plenty of pressure yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I rewatched the game. The oline did a really good job of giving Mahomes & Henne plenty of time. Especially when the team was forced to get it out faster. The Magic of Mahomes is extending plays and that creates more pressure and potential for injuries. The tackles played well. No position platers played perfect.

D had lots of pressure # 5 in the league this year and plenty of pressure yesterday. 

Really?  Brown got beat so many times.

7 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Really?  Brown got beat so many times.

He did not get beat often unless a play was extended. Second half a one legged Mahomes stood in the pocket. Most teams are getting a pass out in 2.5 seconds. Mahomes extends plays. Love that abouit him. 

Next week we may see Mahomes getting it out quick. 

Allowing pressure: I read that Brown was the top LT over the last 10 games or so. Wylie was #12 RT. 

The opponent has great players too and they are going to make some great plays. 

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

He did not get beat often unless a play was extended. Second half a one legged Mahomes stood in the pocket. Most teams are getting a pass out in 2.5 seconds. Mahomes extends plays. Love that abouit him. 

Next week we may see Mahomes getting it out quick. 

The gameplan they drew up for SF earlier in the season, was great. Quick passing game mixed in with screens and draw plays. Scored 44 points on top rated defense !

Need to see that again. Gotta keep pat clean and healthy for the SB!

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

The gameplan they drew up for SF earlier in the season, was great. Quick passing game mixed in with screens and draw plays. Scored 44 points on top rated defense !

Need to see that again. Gotta keep pat clean and healthy for the SB!

Agree. It may force KC to use more 3 tight end sets and run the ball more. I think Mahomes will still extend a few plays and run only when the situation is desperate like convert 4th and 4 or game over.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Agree. It may force KC to use more 3 tight end sets and run the ball more. I think Mahomes will still extend a few plays and run only when the situation is desperate like convert 4th and 4 or game over.

This type of stuff will never happen with Reid, which is why defending Brown by saying Mahomes extended the play is useless.  Mahomes is who he is, and hes the best QB in the league, you build players around him that fit what he does, you don't try to mold him into a 3 step and out QB just because OB can't hold off a speed rush for longer than 2.5 seconds.  

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

This type of stuff will never happen with Reid, which is why defending Brown by saying Mahomes extended the play is useless.  Mahomes is who he is, and hes the best QB in the league, you build players around him that fit what he does, you don't try to mold him into a 3 step and out QB just because OB can't hold off a speed rush for longer than 2.5 seconds.  

I think every LT would have the same issues. Mahomes protection has been top 5 all year. Oline is not an issue for KC and has been very healthy all season. 

You dont get all pros at every position. Brown will be back. Wylie may test the waters. The other guys like Niang and Kinnard are still in play.

3 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I agree, but at this point it is what it is right? Everyone, including opposing defense coordinators know that obj can't handle the wide speed rush.

Gotta do what we gotta do at this point 

4 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I did not suggest changing Mahomes. You just live with the mobility potential for injury. 

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think every LT would have the same issues. Mahomes protection has been top 5 all year. Oline is not an issue for KC and has been very healthy all season. 

You dont get all pros at every position. Brown will be back. Wylie may test the waters. The other guys like Niang and Kinnard are still in play.

I agree, but with OBJ asking for top 5 LT pay magnifies his weaknesses and everyone's hatred for him. 

Wylie is actually worse than obj, but we don't have the same hate for him. Why?

Because he's not asking for Trent Williams money. He knows he sucks, and just does the best he can.

OBJ sucks! 

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

I agree, but with OBJ asking for top 5 LT pay magnifies his weaknesses and everyone's hatred for him. 

Because he's not asking for Trent Williams money. He knows he sucks, and just does the best he can.

OBJ sucks! 

Brown was the top LT the last 10 games per PFF. Thats not suck. I dont like the trade and sign but I think KC will pay him. Mahomes probably has a vote.

Mahomes MVP tells a different story.

4 minutes ago, artsy said:

OBJ sucks! 

We have the same hate for Wylie, but he is not holding out or wanting top money either. We knew he was a stop gap buy you can't pay obj top money if his game is not top rated. OBJ if he pulls the same shit needs to be tagged and traded. The offer last year was more than fair for now if they can work out the language and back end of the contract. 

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Brown was the top LT the last 10 games per PFF. Thats not suck. I dont like the trade and sign but I think KC will pay him. Mahomes probably has a vote.

Mahomes MVP tells a different story.

Same pff that rated mahomes outside the top 5 or even 10 in the beginning of the season. Take it for what it is worth.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

We have the same hate for Wylie, but he is not holding out or wanting top money either. We knew he was a stop gap buy you can't pay obj top money if his game is not top rated. OBJ if he pulls the same shit needs to be tagged and traded. The offer last year was more than fair for now if they can work out the language and back end of the contract. 

I think he gets tagged and KC drafts he replacement. I think the tag is around 19 million? 

5 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think he gets tagged and KC drafts he replacement. I think the tag is around 19 million? 

Kansas City could retain him from 2022-23 for a two-year cost of roughly $37 million, and they may view that as a preferable avenue to a long-term deal.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/why-franchise-tagged-ot-orlando-brown-jr-has-no-leverage-with-the-kansas-city-chiefs/

So he received 16.5 this year, next is 20.5 in 2023 

Pretty interesting read on this all from this article from last year. He was rated 19th overall OT but was offered top 5 average pay for a tackle. I say we tag and trade. Maybe draft an ot, prefer a RT and grab a LT in FA myself.

Problem is you can’t cherry pick when a player is playing well to base contracts on.  He has always been a slightly above avg LT but when you pay top tier money to a slightly above avg player you handicap your team.  The last 10 games has come against the weaker part of our schedule and as the wr corp developed Mahomes was able to get the ball out fast which helps Browns stats to a degree.  

He rejected a very lucrative contract and bet on himself.  That means you are seeing his very best because it’s a contract year.  This is about as good as it’s gonna get.  Does he seem like the type of guy who is going to continue to work this way once he gets paid?  I mean he didn’t even hire an agent until mid summer.    I would be extremely worried that he gets the money and stops grinding to be the best.  However we are kinda between a rock and a hard place with him.  

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Problem is you can’t cherry pick when a player is playing well to base contracts on.  He has always been a slightly above avg LT but when you pay top tier money to a slightly above avg player you handicap your team.  The last 10 games has come against the weaker part of our schedule and as the wr corp developed Mahomes was able to get the ball out fast which helps Browns stats to a degree.  

He rejected a very lucrative contract and bet on himself.  That means you are seeing his very best because it’s a contract year.  This is about as good as it’s gonna get.  Does he seem like the type of guy who is going to continue to work this way once he gets paid?  I mean he didn’t even hire an agent until mid summer.    I would be extremely worried that he gets the money and stops grinding to be the best.  However we are kinda between a rock and a hard place with him.  

I hope he is tagged or traded or both. I think KC will keep him. He has done an above average job and has hardly missed a play. We shall see.