AFC playoff chiefs vs Jags game day thread

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Kansas City could retain him from 2022-23 for a two-year cost of roughly $37 million, and they may view that as a preferable avenue to a long-term deal.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/why-franchise-tagged-ot-orlando-brown-jr-has-no-leverage-with-the-kansas-city-chiefs/

So he received 16.5 this year, next is 20.5 in 2023 

Pretty interesting read on this all from this article from last year. He was rated 19th overall OT but was offered top 5 average pay for a tackle. I say we tag and trade. Maybe draft an ot, prefer a RT and grab a LT in FA myself.

Good LTs don't hit FA.

2 minutes ago, xen said:

Good LTs don't hit FA.

Yes but 2 years of tagging him cost us less than 19 mil per year. If they don't get it done this year we can gi into fa and draft for one. Trent Williams hit FA and we went hard after him as an example. 

52 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Maybe the kick was just short? No guarantee every kick goes as anticipated. 

There are no guarantees but that kick landed about were every kick that was intended to be returned landed.  It didn't look like he slipped.  I absolutely could have been a Butker error but we have been doing this all year when the data says its not to our benefit.

36 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

There are no guarantees but that kick landed about were every kick that was intended to be returned landed.  It didn't look like he slipped.  I absolutely could have been a Butker error but we have been doing this all year when the data says its not to our benefit.

I tend to think the ball didn't go as far as Butker wanted. Knowing how our STs have been struggling, I doubt they wanted to kick to their return guy. Just my .02