1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

It’s unreal. wjat Mahomes has done for this franchise is out of this world. 
generational QB. We drafted him. 
go chiefs! 

He is our redemption for having drafted Blackledge.  I'll tell you, Mahomes is the toughest MF'er to have ever played in order to play on an injury like that.  That has been true for his other injuries, as well.  He runs on sheer willpower.  Unfortunately, we may not see him play until summer training camp.  If it is so mild that he is able to play, he will be 80% at most.  He won't be able to push off on his throws, which will cause more incompletions and interceptions, and he won't be able to scramble and improvise.  Defenses will not have to keep a spy watching for him to run, which will leave another defensive back to play in coverage.  To think that we can beat Buffalo or the Bengals, let alone the SB is close to a fantasy.  But Mahomes is as close to magic as a QB can get.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

He is our redemption for having drafted Blackledge.  I'll tell you, Mahomes is the toughest MF'er to have ever played in order to play on an injury like that.  That has been true for his other injuries, as well.  He runs on sheer willpower.  Unfortunately, we may not see him play until summer training camp.  If it is so mild that he is able to play, he will be 80% at most.  He won't be able to push off on his throws, which will cause more incompletions and interceptions, and he won't be able to scramble and improvise.  Defenses will not have to keep a spy watching for him to run, which will leave another defensive back to play in coverage.  To think that we can beat Buffalo or the Bengals, let alone the SB is close to a fantasy.  But Mahomes is as close to magic as a QB can get.

I watched two qbless teams take the Bills and Bengals to the brink last week.  We can still beat anyone on any given Sunday.  It will take an incredible effort from the entire team but its more than possible.   Also injuries like these subconsciously affect the other team.  Just like last week.  Its human nature to get a little over confident and they will.  Not saying we will easily win but we can absolutely win.  The two teams that scare me the most reside in the NFC anyway (49ers and Eagles).   Anything can happen.  High Ankle sprains are not joke but if anyone can get back to 80% its Mahomes and 80% of Mahomes playing well is almost as good as the other guys.   I had high hopes we would and could win the SB before Mahomes got hurt and while I think we don't have as good of a chance as before I still think we have a good shot.  Who knows maybe tomorrow the both kill each other on the field and some of their key players get injured or banged up.....we won't know until next weekend when we play.

2 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

1970-1994 No AFCCG

1995 AFCCG. Finally 

1996-2017 No AFCCG

2018-2022 5 straight AFCCG

This is the golden age 

Umm...in 1995 didn't the Chiefs lose to Indy in the divisional game and make the AFCCG two years earlier when Montana went down at half time in Buff?  Small points, but you're right about this being a golden age for KC football.  

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Not discounting the injury or what it may do the the Chiefs' chances next weekend, but one thing that helps is that Mahomes doesn't have to push off on his right foot.  Some of his best throws are while airborne or off the wrong foot.  Losing scramble ability could be a factor but not necessarily fatal. 

Not as concerned about his ability to push off when throwing. What makes Mahomes so dangerous is his ability to scramble and make plays outside the pocket. My guess is that will be a limited option next week. Like it was said earlier....everyone else needs to step up.

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

Umm...in 1995 didn't the Chiefs lose to Indy in the divisional game and make the AFCCG two years earlier when Montana went down at half time in Buff?  Small points, but you're right about this being a golden age for KC football.  

Wait. I thought 1995 was the AFCCG in Buffalo that ended Montana's career. OK, it was 1993. 

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Not as concerned about his ability to push off when throwing. What makes Mahomes so dangerous is his ability to scramble and make plays outside the pocket. My guess is that will be a limited option next week. Like it was said earlier....everyone else needs to step up.

Agree. Scrambling and moving within the pocket. 
I hope he is a fast healer. 

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Not discounting the injury or what it may do the the Chiefs' chances next weekend, but one thing that helps is that Mahomes doesn't have to push off on his right foot.  Some of his best throws are while airborne or off the wrong foot.  Losing scramble ability could be a factor but not necessarily fatal. 

This is one thing about Mahomes that is so underrated.  His ability to jump pass off wrong leg.  I’m sure we will hear all week from the experts, aka the guys who can’t stand non traditional qbs, how it’s just lucky and not skill.  

11 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

He's a competitor. The kid in the neighborhood who won at everything. 

He will be playing. 

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

I want the bengals.

1) Game will be at Arrowhead.

2) ‘cause fuck the bengals.

I agree.    

Joe Burrow is a punk. He shouldn't be allowed to smoke cigars until he's old enough to shave.    

It's about time he had some comeuppance.    

4 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Agree. Scrambling and moving within the pocket. 
I hope he is a fast healer. 

Yeah.  Not scrambling and moving within the pocket.  You never know.  Maybe we can still beat Cincy or Buffalo like that anyway..........................................................🚫

29 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Mahomes: high ankle sprain. Will be challenging to have him out there Sunday. 

Can we have a rotation?  Maybe throw a wrench in the defensive game plan? Maybe Reid will do a two qb set trick play or something.  It’s all or nothing, Mahomes will play. 

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

Good point