35 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Can we have a rotation?  Maybe throw a wrench in the defensive game plan? Maybe Reid will do a two qb set trick play or something.  It’s all or nothing, Mahomes will play. 

He'll just rub a little Robitussin on there.

So does a high ankle sprain hurt worse a week later than right after it happens? Because Patrick played pretty well in the 2nd half. Just wondering why people are thinking he won't be playing next week.

22 minutes ago, mex said:

So does a high ankle sprain hurt worse a week later than right after it happens? Because Patrick played pretty well in the 2nd half. Just wondering why people are thinking he won't be playing next week.

Hi ankle sprains hurt like he'll. It's worse when trying to cut. Straight forward movement not so much. 

Just now, artsy said:

Hi ankle sprains hurt like he'll. It's worse when trying to cut. Straight forward movement not so much. 

He will get treatment and elevate. It is a bitch to have and you need a lot of time for it to heal.  Next week playing on it will make it worse, but then you have 2 weeks before sb if we go. Taped and a shot will be it for the games.

31 minutes ago, mex said:

When he took that tape off it probably swelled like crazy.  It was worse for me the next day when I have had them.  But he will have a personal trainer and doctor working with him, so hopefully he will be able to tape it and roll.

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

He will get treatment and elevate. It is a bitch to have and you need a lot of time for it to heal.  Next week playing on it will make it worse, but then you have 2 weeks before sb if we go. Taped and a shot will be it for the games.

Well, you know and I know he's going to play. Andy can do some work this week and actually put together a gameplan to get the ball out quick, with a deep shot here and there...

But in reality Andy has to see how Cincy is gonna play defensively.  They might try pressuring the oline and taking away the quick strikes. Or they may stay with their traditional drop 8 and force Andy to stay patient and run the ball.

Either way, pat can't be holding the ball for long periods waiting for kelce to clear.

He won't make it out of the game playing like that imo..

26 minutes ago, artsy said:

Moving in the pocket or even straight forward wasn’t an issue yesterday , but that stupid stretch zone was clearly an issue.  Movement really isn’t the issue, it’s trying to cut or push, as you said. 

In 2019 Patrick played with a high ankle sprain suffered in week one against none other than Jacksonville. He continued to play, winning four of the first six games. He was a little gimpy throughout and the ankle was a recurring story line.    

It was time off for the dislocated kneecap in week seven that also gave the ankle sprain time to heal.    

That was the left ankle, though. Not the right. But the point is, he wanted to play, he was able to play and he did play.    

8 minutes ago, xen said:

it was stupid of the NFL to take away a home game from the Chiefs anyway.  If the Bills had of won that game with Bengals and the medical problem had happened in a Chiefs game, no doubt in my mind there would be no neutral stadium and the  game would have been played in Buffalo anyway!

This game concerns me on two fronts. I saw how Cincinnati was getting pressure. Sometimes with just 3 rushing. If you can do that it's hard for an offense to make plays. Can't imagine our tackles holding up too well....and with Pat limited with a bum ankle....it's a problem. The other is our defense. We have good pieces but still not great as a unit. Etienne was gashing us and Mixon could do even more damage. And how to cover Chase, Higgins and Hurst? Our D will need to play out of its mind. Can they?

5 hours ago, FurpJ said:

In 2019 Patrick played with a high ankle sprain suffered in week one against none other than Jacksonville. He continued to play, winning four of the first six games. He was a little gimpy throughout and the ankle was a recurring story line.    

It was time off for the dislocated kneecap in week seven that also gave the ankle sprain time to heal.    

That was the left ankle, though. Not the right. But the point is, he wanted to play, he was able to play and he did play.    

He is one tough SOB.  Amazing.

Just now, Mr Ev said:

Seeing as the Chiefs weren’t like led by some to even make the playoffs this is great.  Bengals are so damn good.  

They absolutely manhandled Buffalo at home in the snow.  Didn't fumble or miss many passes.  Ran like crazy. Played great defense.  This may not be popular, but the truth for me is that Cincinatti is better than the Chiefs, even with a healthy Mahomes. This season has been a great run, and it has all come together in the last two weeks. But  I think it ends next weekend.

6 hours ago, xen said:

Just curious, do you think Kansas City and Buffalo organizations would get a cut of the parking, food, and drink revenue from the stadiums if they had to play in Atlanta? I know that they had arrangements for season-ticket holders and maybe tickets? I mean, I know the big economic effect is usually restaurants, etc. in and around the host city and obviously that is not team received, but I was just the thinking Atlanta lost a lot of money by the Bills not winning.

4 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

They absolutely manhandled Buffalo at home in the snow.  Didn't fumble or miss many passes.  Ran like crazy. Played great defense.  This may not be popular, but the truth for me is that Cincinatti is better than the Chiefs, even with a healthy Mahomes. This season has been a great run, and it has all come together in the last two weeks. But  I think it ends next weekend.

......and the world ends on Tuesday.  🙂

10 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

Can we have a rotation?  Maybe throw a wrench in the defensive game plan? Maybe Reid will do a two qb set trick play or something.  It’s all or nothing, Mahomes will play. 

Mahomes will play and start. But what you said made me wonder, who would get the start if two quarterbacks were there on the first play the game and it was directly snapped to the running back?

4 minutes ago, KCSLC2008 said:

Mahomes will play and start. But what you said made me wonder, who would get the start if two quarterbacks were there on the first play the game and it was directly snapped to the running back?

Just give Reid the chance to draw something up where Mahomes starts as a wr and motions or something crazy stuff.

11 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Just give Reid the chance to draw something up where Mahomes starts as a wr and motions or something crazy stuff.

We should start the rumor that Mahomes is not going to start the game, and then start him as a receiver. Can you start as a receiver, and have a direct snap without being the quarterback if your normal position is quarterback? And then the second play other game you’d be the back up quarterback. I mean, I know that they make a big deal about who is a tight end or a receiver as far as pro bowl consideration or contracts, but I was wondering about actual starts.

Seriously though, that would bug me if they did, because with him being in the record books for so many things, I would like to have him have another start and win.

5 hours ago, KCSLC2008 said:

Just curious, do you think Kansas City and Buffalo organizations would get a cut of the parking, food, and drink revenue from the stadiums if they had to play in Atlanta? I know that they had arrangements for season-ticket holders and maybe tickets? I mean, I know the big economic effect is usually restaurants, etc. in and around the host city and obviously that is not team received, but I was just the thinking Atlanta lost a lot of money by the Bills not winning.

Normally both teams get a different cut in the playoffs based on the home-away structure. Also not every revenue is shared. However I don't know what the split would be in case of Atlanta. 

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I’m leaning toward the bengals just blew their wad in buffalo.  I know they’re a good team, but it’s exceedingly difficult to put together back to back performances of that caliber.  Everything went their way, and they thoroughly demolished the bills, there was no adversity.  To have such a performance two weeks in a row just seems unlikely to me.  

regardless of how this season ends, bengal fans are gonna get a dose of reality next year when Burrow isn’t on that rookie deal anymore and they have to start letting toys go bc they can’t pay everyone, especially at the receiver position.  If they give chase a deal, then that means Higgins is gone when his rookie deal is up.  Life is good when your qb is on that rookie deal, things change when he’s not.