5 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I’m leaning toward the bengals just blew their wad in buffalo.  I know they’re a good team, but it’s exceedingly difficult to put together back to back performances of that caliber.  Everything went their way, and they thoroughly demolished the bills, there was no adversity.  To have such a performance two weeks in a row just seems unlikely to me.  

regardless of how this season ends, bengal fans are gonna get a dose of reality next year when Burrow isn’t on that rookie deal anymore and they have to start letting toys go bc they can’t pay everyone, especially at the receiver position.  If they give chase a deal, then that means Higgins is gone when his rookie deal is up.  Life is good when your qb is on that rookie deal, things change when he’s not.  

I agree with the first part. They may not be as dominant next week as they were against the Bills as a team clicking 100% isn't as common. However they may not have a huge drop-off.

Regarding the second point they still have Burrow on his rookie deal for another season and there's the 5th year option which they will likely decline in favor of a long-term deal this offseason. That still means at least a couple more years of lame cap hit which should be enough to give them huge flexibility. They already have a huge cap space and have been drafting well. I expect them to start worrying about the cap in around 3 years or so. That being said Burrow isn't Mahomes so we have the edge there but Bengals may end up being what everyone expected the Bills to turn into in the AFC.

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I’m leaning toward the bengals just blew their wad in buffalo.  I know they’re a good team, but it’s exceedingly difficult to put together back to back performances of that caliber.  Everything went their way, and they thoroughly demolished the bills, there was no adversity.  To have such a performance two weeks in a row just seems unlikely to me.  

regardless of how this season ends, bengal fans are gonna get a dose of reality next year when Burrow isn’t on that rookie deal anymore and they have to start letting toys go bc they can’t pay everyone, especially at the receiver position.  If they give chase a deal, then that means Higgins is gone when his rookie deal is up.  Life is good when your qb is on that rookie deal, things change when he’s not.  

I disagree.  Everything didn't "go their way."  They played lights out, executed flawlessly. There were no disputed flags that gave them an advantage.  They created their own lack of adversity.  The only difference between their great game and ours is that their franchise QB did not suffer a high ankle sprain that will hobble them on Sunday.  I hate to harsh your mellow, but I recommend realism.

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

Listening to the Bengals players and the HC after yesterday's win ...they are one confident (and yes somewhat cocky) bunch. Don't see how they can play the "disrespect" card on Sunday but they'll figure something out. Chiefs better bring their A game.

They don’t give two shits about the Chiefs or playing at Arrowhead. It almost seems like they relish it.

I hate that Mahomes is not going to be 100% 

1 minute ago, qnet said:

They don’t give two shits about the Chiefs or playing at Arrowhead. It almost seems like they relish it.

I hate that Mahomes is not going to be 100% 

Why care about this?  Players on both teams should relish this opportunity. Both teams and QBs deserve to be champions but only one will.  Reading online fan posting is not healthy and does not represent the fan base. Yes I too suffer from this disease. LOL

3 hours ago, moons314 said:

Jordan had the flu game and went off in that game.   This is going to be the ankle game and he will play well.   

All year this team this team has proved alot of people wrong including its own fans.  Offense won't be as good without Hill ended up#1 in the league.  Won't win the division. 7th straight division title. Won't get the 1 seed.  Ends the year   #1 seed.    Will lose the first round of the playoffs.  Won  their playoff game and are hosting their 5th straight AFCCG.   Not many expected them to be here let alone hosting it again. 

This team all year has succeeded when people expect them to fall 

We might very well lose to a very good team on Sunday.  Its possible and it would sting because its the Bengals.   This teams goal every year with Mahomes is a Superbowl but this year was a soft rebuild and if it was ever going to be difficult to win this was going to be the year.   With all that said....

Some on here act like the Bengals beat us 3 times in dominating fashion.  They won 3 times in a row so that means they were the better team but let us not act like it was domination.   The two games last year were failure to adjust in the second half and giving the game away.   Both games came down to a fg both games they were behind the entire game.   This years game we were up 4 and moving the ball at will in the 4th quarter to go up 11 or at worst 7.   Even after the fumble we had a chance to send it to overtime but Butker missed.    Toney didn't even play neither did Joe Thuney.

It's going to be a good game but lets not act like they are unstoppable. They looked like crap vs the Ravens.   If we play a good game we will win, if we don't we will lose.  We don't need special circumstances to happen to win, we don't need the stars to align, we don't need lucky breaks.  We are a very good young ascending team.  We just need to play a good game and we will be in the SB.

25 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

We might very well lose to a very good team on Sunday.  Its possible and it would sting because its the Bengals.   This teams goal every year with Mahomes is a Superbowl but this year was a soft rebuild and if it was ever going to be difficult to win this was going to be the year.   With all that said....

Some on here act like the Bengals beat us 3 times in dominating fashion.  They won 3 times in a row so that means they were the better team but let us not act like it was domination.   The two games last year were failure to adjust in the second half and giving the game away.   Both games came down to a fg both games they were behind the entire game.   This years game we were up 4 and moving the ball at will in the 4th quarter to go up 11 or at worst 7.   Even after the fumble we had a chance to send it to overtime but Butker missed.    Toney didn't even play neither did Joe Thuney.

It's going to be a good game but lets not act like they are unstoppable. They looked like crap vs the Ravens.   If we play a good game we will win, if we don't we will lose.  We don't need special circumstances to happen to win, we don't need the stars to align, we don't need lucky breaks.  We are a very good young ascending team.  We just need to play a good game and we will be in the SB.

Dont Need ? Dont Need ?  Dont Need ?  JUST Play a GOOD game? Just sounds easy. Good sounds easy.

Chiefs will NEED to play a great game and get a break or two to win. Cinn will NEED to play a great game and get a couple of breaks to win. 

5 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

it was not a fumble, Kelce had the ball ripped away long after the whistle should have blown, it was a BS call then and a BS Call now. But we might as well not show up sunday because we have no chance at all according to most on this site...

17 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Dirts, are you not concerned about andy's reluctance to adjust again???

Cause I am. If pat stays in the pocket cincy will not put a spy on him. They'll just drop that guy into coverage now and it will be even harder to throw the ball. 

Zac Taylor knows that Andy will not fully commit to running the ball. HE KNOWS IT. No matter the score, Cincy will stay in that drop zone because they know that andy will not run the ball on 2nd and 3rd downs. Especially 3rd downs..

The Bills ran the ball 11 times yesterday and got stomped. 11 Times in the snow! 

Pats bum ankle could actually be a blessing...

It may force andy to run the ball more. If somehow KC can pull Cincy out of that weird Dime defense, we have a good chance to win. 

In every game we've played them, they start the 1st half running a normal defensive gameplan In the second half, they switch to that weird dime defense, where they line up 4 defensive linemen and drop one to spy on PM15. They did to Buff yesterday, and they've beat the chiefs with it 3 times. 

IMO, KC has to stay disciplined and Hand the ball off. EVERY DOWN IF NEED BE!

WE can't be punting the ball when have 2nd and 5, which turns to 3rd and 5...which turns into a punt!

5 minutes ago, artsy said:

Pats bum ankle could actually be a blessing...

It may force andy to run the ball more. If somehow KC can pull Cincy out of that weird Dime defense, we have a good chance to win. 

In every game we've played them, they start the 1st half running a normal defensive gameplan In the second half, they switch to that weird dime defense, where they line up 4 defensive linemen and drop one to spy on PM15. They did to Buff yesterday, and they've beat the chiefs with it 3 times. 

IMO, KC has to stay disciplined and Hand the ball off. EVERY DOWN IF NEED BE!

WE can't be punting the ball when have 2nd and 5, which turns to 3rd and 5...which turns into a punt!

Every down if needed? 

KC will still play their game based on situations and results. Mahomes can and will get the ball out fast. Lots of options for Reid to use. May run it a little more if it is working. If you want to be run focused then start Henne. 

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Every down if needed? 

KC will still play their game based on situations and results. Mahomes can and will get the ball out fast. Lots of options for Reid to use. May run it a little more if it is working. If you want to be run focused then start Henne. 

What's wrong with being run focused with Mahomes under cernter???

Mahomes' presence on the field will keep the defense honest. Henne's wont.

Just now, artsy said:

What's wrong with being run focused with Mahomes under cernter???

Mahomes' presence on the field will keep the defense honest. Henne's wont.

Wont happen. You have the best weapons in the AFC. You dont put all those weapons on hold. Wont happen. I trust Reid will have a fantastic game plan. I dont fret over things I do not control.

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Wont happen. You have the best weapons in the AFC. You dont put all those weapons on hold. Wont happen. I trust Reid will have a fantastic game plan. I dont fret over things I do not control.

Hmm. I don't know if I "Trust" Reid to have a good gameplan. But, I do "hope" he does. 

Since every NFL pundit and football enthusiast is expecting the chiefs to come out and run the ball, due to Pats bum ankle. I got this weird feeling, that Pat and Andy will come out doing the complete opposite. 

Just my hunch.

Just now, artsy said:

Hmm. I don't know if I "Trust" Reid to have a good gameplan. But, I do "hope" he does. 

Since every NFL pundit and football enthusiast is expecting the chiefs to come out and run the ball, due to Pats bum ankle. I got this weird feeling, that Pat and Andy will come out doing the complete opposite. 

Just my hunch.

Exactly what the F do the talking heads know? Its just fake news and BS. They need headlines. Reid will have a plan and adjust accordingly. It may not work. I dont blame coaches for poor execution. Sometimes the other team simply makes plays too. 

4 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Would love to just come out and grind them with Pacheco. They won't game plan for this. Then maybe a couple of wheels and screens to the RBs. Then in the second half take a couple of play action shots. But as we know.... Andy. 

Yup..I agree 100%.

But like you said...We know Andy.

I'm sure him and EB are sitting around trying to figure out how to exploit 7 and 8 man coverages with an 80% qb...LOL.

Just now, azchief21 said:

Would love to just come out and grind them with Pacheco. They won't game plan for this. Then maybe a couple of wheels and screens to the RBs. Then in the second half take a couple of play action shots. But as we know.... Andy. 

That's why Andy needs to be flexible. If they aren't stacking the box early on, come out running the ball like crazy. Let Pacheco/McKinnon have a field day. When they adjust, and they WILL adjust, hit them with play-action and get Kelce involved on the crossing routes they're so good at. Send Toney and JuJu deep to keep the safeties honest. A few wheel routes would open things up too.

1 minute ago, mex said:

That's why Andy needs to be flexible. If they aren't stacking the box early on, come out running the ball like crazy. Let Pacheco/McKinnon have a field day. When they adjust, and they WILL adjust, hit them with play-action and get Kelce involved on the crossing routes they're so good at. Send Toney and JuJu deep to keep the safeties honest. A few wheel routes would open things up too.

That's it. Let's have Veach & Clark tell Andy and EB, you and I will take it this Sunday. We'll let them have it back afterward so we can enjoy watching the SB

1 minute ago, artsy said:

Yup..I agree 100%.

But like you said...We know Andy.

I'm sure him and EB are sitting around trying to figure out how to exploit 7 and 8 man coverages with an 80% qb...LOL.

They win 80% of the games including playoffs. They are not stupid. Other teams are also good at changing schemes. Assuming the Chiefs running game will automatically work is well you know what they say about ASSUMPTIONS.

It comes down to who makes plays and who does not. Chiefs will be well prepared and coached.