1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

WATCH: The Bengals are referring to Arrowhead as ‘Burrowhead’ ahead of AFC Title

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/1/24/23569466/watch-the-bengals-are-referring-to-arrowhead-as-burrowhead-ahead-of-afc-title

If that's really true... I can't imagine better bulletin board material.  Yeah yeah yeah... don't give me any of that "they're professionals they don't need BB material."

I don't buy it. They're people... and if they're pissed off and on a mission... they'll try harder and play better.

15 minutes ago, mex said:

If that's really true... I can't imagine better bulletin board material.  Yeah yeah yeah... don't give me any of that "they're professionals they don't need BB material."

I don't buy it. They're people... and if they're pissed off and on a mission... they'll try harder and play better.

These are testosterone filled young men with attitude. You better believe they use this stuff for motivation. 

1 hour ago, arrowhead said:

If the Bengals advance to the SB (I don't think they will) and end up losing, they are on track to be the Bills of the 90s. 

As far as Patrick and Joe, Patrick has what Joe wants. SB winner, SB MVP, League MVP(x 2?) 

Douchebaggery runs deep in Joe. 

Runs deep in his fans.

As much as I want to see us pound him into the turf Sunday, I haven't seen him be anything but respectful. Maybe I missed something...

2 hours ago, mex said:

Well blow me down and cover me in beer.

Chiefs are now underdogs in Burrowhead Stadium.

If that doesn't make them come out with attitude, nothing will.

4 hours ago, mex said:

That would be disastrous. For the organization, for the fans, and for Patrick.

The "Burrow owns Mahomes" crowd will be relentless. 

I'd say that is a little dramatic. I can't say it would be "disastrous." Also, who gives a flying fuck what the Burrow crowd thinks or how relentless they are? The Chiefs will beat  Cincy when we play better  that day. That's the way things should be. If the Chiefs win on Sunday, they will be better that day, whether Mahomes is hobbled or absent.  If they lose, they will be worse that day, maybe because of Mahomes' injury or sloppy defense or shitty special teams.

1 hour ago, Mr Ev said:

God dammit, Bengals claimed Chiefs Lammons off waivers.  Nice job!

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/.amp/news/bengals-claim-chiefs-cornerback-chris-lammons-off-waivers

Lammons was one of our best ST players.  His loss is the last thing we need.

11 minutes ago, mex said:

If he was so valuable why was he on waivers?

I think he's been hurt, and there just isn't enough space at the moment. I would think the organization is upset he got claimed. That's my guess. In fact, his absence is a big reason the special teams have been very unspecial.  He just came off the injury list, and I don't know if there is some window where other teams can claim him if he is not immediately placed on the active roster.  Someone else would know much more about that than me.  I know Toub is probably upset.

11 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

I think they wanted to elevate Fortson and hoped Lammons would clear waivers so they could add him to the practice squad until he was healthy. 

That's the risk... but even injured, couldn't they have waived someone else if he was that important?

Burrows numbers against the Chiefs are off the chart. Spags oughta be ashamed of himself. To me the issue isn't " how healthy will Mahomes be?" It's about the defense stepping up and playing as a cohesive unit. Burrow has had it way too easy against KC. That needs to change on Sunday. 

I have to say I am worried about this game and the only reason is mahomes injury. 
we have lead all games against Cincy going into the 4 th quarter. We just needed to finish and not make mistakes. 
we are not going to be able to shut down this Cincy offense but let’s hope we make the plays when they count. 3rd down has got to be money. 
Because of there down field threats, I worry about there RBs. 
it’s going to be a hell of a game. I really don’t want to hear about the bengals anymore. 

This game HAS to be won by our defense.

Patrick needs his mobility... it's who he is. If he can't run, if he isn't a threat to scramble and throw, if he has to stay in the pocket... the Cincy D will be licking their chops.

Our only hope is that the Cincy OL really is banged up... and hopefully play like it. Didn't seem to be the case vs buffalo. 

Prediction... #95 gonna have him a day.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Burrows numbers against the Chiefs are off the chart. Spags oughta be ashamed of himself. To me the issue isn't " how healthy will Mahomes be?" It's about the defense stepping up and playing as a cohesive unit. Burrow has had it way too easy against KC. That needs to change on Sunday. 

30-39 446 4 TD in 2021 Regular season      

23-38 250 2 TD and 1 Int in the AFCCG           

25-31 286 2 TD in 2022

Burrow has definitely been good but not sure those are off the charts numbers.  The first game was definitely off the charts but after that Spags has done a decent job.  The D gave our O a chance to win.

44 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

25-31 286 2 TD in 2022

Burrow has definitely been good but not sure those are off the charts numbers.  The first game was definitely off the charts but after that Spags has done a decent job.  The D gave our O a chance to win.

Yup, keep in mind in the later matchup in Dec. he threw a bad pick in that game that was called by a phantom PI when Chase slipped. That was game changing.

2 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I have to say I am worried about this game and the only reason is mahomes injury. 
we have lead all games against Cincy going into the 4 th quarter. We just needed to finish and not make mistakes. 
we are not going to be able to shut down this Cincy offense but let’s hope we make the plays when they count. 3rd down has got to be money. 
Because of there down field threats, I worry about there RBs. 
it’s going to be a hell of a game. I really don’t want to hear about the bengals anymore. 

You just spent a whole paragraph talking to us about the Bengals, and then you don't want to hear anymore about them? That ain't fair! :lol: Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime

We'll be whispering in your ear while you are sleeping: "Bengals, Bengals,Bengals,Bengals, Bengals, bbbeeennnggggaaaalzzzzzzzzz.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...z.....z.......z...................z

7 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

25-31 286 2 TD in 2022

Compared to how he plays the rest of the League or how the League plays him ....pretty damn good!! But "off the chart" might have been a tad excessive.😝

Screenshot_20230125-032905.png