the last paragraph says..we in trouble
Chiefs Wire

Referee Ron Torbert’s crew assigned to work Chiefs-Bengals game

Torbert hasn’t officiated a Chiefs game this season, but fans will remember him from 2021, and not in a good way. He was an unscheduled white-hat substitution for John Hussey against the Bengals during their Week 17 regular-season loss. During that game, Torbert’s crew called 10 penalties for 83 yards against Kansas City. It was the second-most penalties the Chiefs had called against them in a single game that season.

If we’re only considering the 2022 NFL season as evidence, Torbert and his crew have been among the best in the league in terms of penalty volume. In 16 games officiated, their 172 penalties called are good for the fourth-fewest in the NFL. That said, once a penalty is called by Torbert’s crew, expect it to stand. Their 20 dismissed penalties are the second-fewest in the NFL this season. They’ve officiated fairly even on the home (89) and away (83) fronts so far this season.

As far as how this crew officiates, they’re definitely not a “let them play” crew and they almost always side with the offense. Torbert’s 17 defensive pass interference penalties tie for the second-most in the league this season. For comparison’s sake, they’ve only called four offensive pass interference penalties all year. The Chiefs lead the NFL in defensive pass interference penalties this season (14) while the Bengals are right around the league average (6). Basically, expect Ja’Marr Chase to continue to get away with pushing off and Chiefs defenders to be penalized for any contact downfield.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

the last paragraph says..we in trouble
Chiefs Wire

Referee Ron Torbert’s crew assigned to work Chiefs-Bengals game

Torbert hasn’t officiated a Chiefs game this season, but fans will remember him from 2021, and not in a good way. He was an unscheduled white-hat substitution for John Hussey against the Bengals during their Week 17 regular-season loss. During that game, Torbert’s crew called 10 penalties for 83 yards against Kansas City. It was the second-most penalties the Chiefs had called against them in a single game that season.

If we’re only considering the 2022 NFL season as evidence, Torbert and his crew have been among the best in the league in terms of penalty volume. In 16 games officiated, their 172 penalties called are good for the fourth-fewest in the NFL. That said, once a penalty is called by Torbert’s crew, expect it to stand. Their 20 dismissed penalties are the second-fewest in the NFL this season. They’ve officiated fairly even on the home (89) and away (83) fronts so far this season.

As far as how this crew officiates, they’re definitely not a “let them play” crew and they almost always side with the offense. Torbert’s 17 defensive pass interference penalties tie for the second-most in the league this season. For comparison’s sake, they’ve only called four offensive pass interference penalties all year. The Chiefs lead the NFL in defensive pass interference penalties this season (14) while the Bengals are right around the league average (6). Basically, expect Ja’Marr Chase to continue to get away with pushing off and Chiefs defenders to be penalized for any contact downfield.

Great...Sounds like JaMarr may be in for a big day..again

1 hour ago, artsy said:

yea the rookies already have their hands full now with this guy  every time the Chiefs  D looks good it'll be a PI to get them out of the hole. 

Mark it down

and after the game there will be  a few that B,B& C about  Spags and the DBs

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

I stopped worrying about the game.  I’m sure the league has made their preferences crystal clear who they want, which is obvious based on the crew.  Chiefs probably won’t overcome Mahomes bum ankle or the refs but there’s always a chance.  

55 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

I stopped worrying about the game.  I’m sure the league has made their preferences crystal clear who they want, which is obvious based on the crew.  Chiefs probably won’t overcome Mahomes bum ankle or the refs but there’s always a chance.  

yea I am at peace. I will sit back and eat my chili. Now if the game goes to the last 2 minutes things will certainly change.

I'mnot seeing the ankle as an issue. he seems to be doing fine but the Buttholes will be aiming for it.. guaranteed .

NOTHING and I Mean Nothing would please me more to see Henne be the Hero of the day

It absolutely blows my mind that the Chiefs are a team that contends for a Super Bowl every year. However, they say a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. I worry about our weakest links. Offensive tackle. Praying that bad OT play doesn't get Pat killed and doesn't cost the Chiefs another SB shot 

25 minutes ago, dhitter said:

It absolutely blows my mind that the Chiefs are a team that contends for a Super Bowl every year. However, they say a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. I worry about our weakest links. Offensive tackle. Praying that bad OT play doesn't get Pat killed and doesn't cost the Chiefs another SB shot 

Yup. 100% agree.

We all know the weak links and although I can be quite harsh on both Reid and Spags, they have done a superior job and minimizing the risk.

Bad OT play, young secondary and pass rush deficiencies. And now a limited PM15.

The coaching staff has it's hands full, but I do believe Reid will have the team as ready as we've seen them.

I think we start the game a little slow, but end up with a win and another trip to SB. 

FRIDAY AFTERNOON UPDATE: Tight end Travis Kelce was added to the Friday injury report with a back injury despite being a full participant in practice. He's questionable for Sunday's game, as are Hardman and Watson. Additionally, Mahomes didn't have an injury designation for the game and linebacker Nick Bolton was put on the report with an ankle injury. 

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

FRIDAY AFTERNOON UPDATE: Tight end Travis Kelce was added to the Friday injury report with a back injury despite being a full participant in practice. He's questionable for Sunday's game, as are Hardman and Watson. Additionally, Mahomes didn't have an injury designation for the game and linebacker Nick Bolton was put on the report with an ankle injury. 

Nice to know Nick gave his ankle in service for the team and Mahomes.

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

FRIDAY AFTERNOON UPDATE: Tight end Travis Kelce was added to the Friday injury report with a back injury despite being a full participant in practice. He's questionable for Sunday's game, as are Hardman and Watson. 

Is this some gamesmanship going on with Andy? Damn if Kelce is less than 100% we could be even more hosed.

21 minutes ago, mex said:

Is this some gamesmanship going on with Andy? Damn if Kelce is less than 100% we could be even more hosed.

Kelce will play. He has played in every game other than the last games of the season when we had nothing to play for since his rookie year that he missed due to surgery. I hope it is a matter of getting a shot and good to go. Lose and he will have the rest of the year to recover....

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

I think the Chiefs players are dialed in for this. The roller coaster continues but I'm starting to feel good about this one. I think the injury reports are a cover. 

Hope you're right brother... everyone has us losing

"They are 0-3 when they are at full strength, how they gonna win without Patric at 100%?"

We need to shut them down for good. Shut 'em down, then shut 'em up.

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

yea the rookies already have their hands full now with this guy  every time the Chiefs  D looks good it'll be a PI to get them out of the hole. 

Mark it down

and after the game there will be  a few that B,B& C about  Spags and the DBs

That's what bothers me. Jeff Chadiha has said if DB's have to hold then that means they're not playing well. I always wonder are the Bengals just that good at CB or it's not getting called. I seen Jaylen Watson blanket guys, and if his hand is on the receivers back they call it, yet I've seen them not call it on the opposing teams CB's doing the same thing. I love to ask Chadinha what exactly they are looking at.

7 hours ago, dhitter said:

I guess the things to remember is that you have to use a redundant chain, and that other teams' chains have weak links, too.  Also, I try to keep in mind that the winner of the playoff tournament is merely the team that wins the tournament, not necessarily the best team overall.  Who did the Bengals lose to this year?   Baltimore, Cleveland, Arizona, and Dallas.  Do any of those teams have a Hall of Fame quality QB and brilliant head coaches?  No.  Those other teams were better than Cincy on THOSE DAYS. That's all.   I think we are slightly worse than Cincinatti right now because of Mahomes' injury.  But can we win?  Absolutely. Why worry about our particular team's weakest links?