7 hours ago, artsy said:

Yup. 100% agree.

We all know the weak links and although I can be quite harsh on both Reid and Spags, they have done a superior job and minimizing the risk.

Bad OT play, young secondary and pass rush deficiencies. And now a limited PM15.

The coaching staff has it's hands full, but I do believe Reid will have the team as ready as we've seen them.

I think we start the game a little slow, but end up with a win and another trip to SB. 

I never thought for even a moment that the Chiefs ever had more than a decent chance of making the playoffs. This was a re-stocking and re-training year playing a whole bunch of young unknowns.  Even if we lose Sunday, this has been an amazing season. Anything else beyond one playoff win to me is just icing on the cake.

30 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I never thought for even a moment that the Chiefs ever had more than a decent chance of making the playoffs. This was a re-stocking and re-training year playing a whole bunch of young unknowns.  Even if we lose Sunday, this has been an amazing season. Anything else beyond one playoff win to me is just icing on the cake.

Wish I could have that attitude. I guess the past few years have spoiled me. 

9 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I guess the things to remember is that you have to use a redundant chain, and that other teams' chains have weak links, too.  Also, I try to keep in mind that the winner of the playoff tournament is merely the team that wins the tournament, not necessarily the best team overall.  Who did the Bengals lose to this year?   Baltimore, Cleveland, Arizona, and Dallas.  Do any of those teams have a Hall of Fame quality QB and brilliant head coaches?  No.  Those other teams were better than Cincy on THOSE DAYS. That's all.   I think we are slightly worse than Cincinatti right now because of Mahomes' injury.  But can we win?  Absolutely. Why worry about our particular team's weakest links? 

It's a discussion board.....I'm discussing. Lol. I mean I'm not losing sleep over it. But it does bother me that we built a championship caliber team that could be derailed by having the worst tackle tandem in the playoffs. At one point our tackles were dead last and next to last in giving up QB pressures. Is that bad?  

35 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Kelce questionable😳

I’m not buying it. It’s gotta be gamesmanship more than a real injury.  This is too important of a game.  Unless Kelce hurt his back on his own time which is definitely possible I don’t see him missing this game.

1 minute ago, Mr Ev said:

I’m not buying it. It’s gotta be gamesmanship more than a real injury.  This is too important of a game.  Unless Kelce hurt his back on his own time which is definitely possible I don’t see him missing this game.

I don't see him missing it either.  But he must have something going on.  

1 hour ago, Mr Ev said:

Have you ever tweaked your lower back, had it tighten up, and tried to move around the next day?  If not, you will.  Then you will understand.  It can get better quickly, too.  We'll see.  But a lot of times, you can hardly walk and have to wait several days. I think there are too many conspiracy theories about teams overplaying injuries to psychologically manipulate other teams.  I just don't buy it. I agree with Mex, though. The listing is "questionable." That means he will likely play at least part of the game.

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Have you ever tweaked your lower back, had it tighten up, and tried to move around the next day? 

I have, but I'm not in the kind of shape these athletes are in. In fact I'd say the REASON my back was tweaked was because I wasn't in shape.

We don't know what we don't know. Hopefully it isn't anything serious.

8 minutes ago, mex said:

I have, but I'm not in the kind of shape these athletes are in. In fact I'd say the REASON my back was tweaked was because I wasn't in shape.

We don't know what we don't know. Hopefully it isn't anything serious.

I have tweaked my back and i am in shape (round is a shape, isn't it) 😆

20 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Have you ever tweaked your lower back, had it tighten up, and tried to move around the next day?  If not, you will.  Then you will understand.  It can get better quickly, too.  We'll see.  But a lot of times, you can hardly walk and have to wait several days. I think there are too many conspiracy theories about teams overplaying injuries to psychologically manipulate other teams.  I just don't buy it. I agree with Mex, though. The listing is "questionable." That means he will likely play at least part of the game.

Of course I have, I didn’t mean to necessarily doubt Kelce.  My gut is telling me that he probably tweaked it a little and is resting/rehabbing.  I also think the chiefs are keeping their cards close to their chest and might be giving the Bengals something to think about.

2 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Of course I have, I didn’t mean to necessarily doubt Kelce.  My gut is telling me that he probably tweaked it a little and is resting/rehabbing.  I also think the chiefs are keeping their cards close to their chest and might be giving the Bengals something to think about.

Bengals are prepared for kelce to play. If he does not, bonus to them then.

Chiefs activated TE Jody Fortson from injured reserve for Sunday against the Bengals.

Fortson had been on the shelf since Week 16 with a shoulder injury that caused the tight end to miss the previous four games. The timing of the activation raises some questions regarding the level of health of starting tight end Travis Kelce, who has been bothered by a back injury following the team's Divisional Round win over the Jaguars. When active earlier in the season, Fortson served as the third tight end behind Kelce and Noah Gray - a role he should resume. Fortson's activation should send Blake Bell back to the inactives list on game day.

Actually, I believe that Fortson, Gray, and Bell could very well end up one of the top overall tight end rooms in the league.  Fortson has needed this chance, and I have been really impressed with Gray's performance as he has gotten more snaps recently. The three of them include two great receivers, and even Bell can catch OK if he is targeted, but he is a fine blocker.  The downside of having a hall of famer like Kelce the the inability to get the snaps for the other tight ends. But yes, the timing of Fortson and Kelce's back might very well say something about how the back is coming along. I am pretty sure that if Kelce's is off the field, the Bengals will feel some relief, try to shut down our other receivers, and all of a sudden Fortson and Gray will be open and start killing them. We might learn about life after Kelce tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I felt like they really stopped us with that 3 man rush and everybody in coverage last year. I can’t wait to see Pacheco run if he catches them in that.

I saw a stat where the bengals are like 2-3 this season when their opponent runs the ball 26 times or more. When they beat us, we ran it 22 times. We need to run the ball. Then play-action.

42 minutes ago, mex said:

I saw a stat where the bengals are like 2-3 this season when their opponent runs the ball 26 times or more. When they beat us, we ran it 22 times. We need to run the ball. Then play-action.

If Pat is more gobbled than they are letting on, under center may be tough. Eithe way, I would smack at least 20 times with the beast from the 7th.

34 minutes ago, DieHard said:

If Pat is more gobbled than they are letting on, under center may be tough. Eithe way, I would smack at least 20 times with the beast from the 7th.

And spell him with McKinnon who plays well in clutch situations, and blocks like a champ