6 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I posted this in another thread before the Bengals game, and though I post a lot of dumb things, I think even more now that this is true:  The Bengals played against a Buffalo defense on a snowy, wet field with poor traction.  In football, it is known that that hurts defenses more than offenses.  Defensive lineman cannot get that initial burst that makes all the difference due to their weight and the poor traction.  I believe that the Bengals offense got overconfident because of that game and were not ready for what people like Jones and the rest of the line and what Gay and Bolton and the secondary could do on a dry field.  The Bengals offense was just not quite ready because the weather made it all seem so easy for them the previous week.  They thought more highly of themselves than they should have.

Wrong, HAT head.  The game was fixed and the refs gave it to the Chiefs because the NFL wanted a Kelce bowl.  I got it on good authority from a guy in southern Ohio. 

10 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I also think that the Bengals did not fully appreciate what Mahomes can do from the pocket without his usual magical improvisation and throwing on the run. The mindset was off for the Bengals on both D and O. Also the Bengals trash talk hurt them.  I had no idea how much that actually motivates a team until I heard Jason and Travis talk about it on their podcast.

I took a little shit for suggesting they went too far with their trash talk and would motivate the team. Turns out I was right.

AS PER USUAL. :lol: 

Seriously though... they trash talk all the time. Calling it 'Burrowhead' was a slam on the entire organization and fans.

But when that Cincy mayor spoke out, I absolutely KNEW it would come back to haunt them.

And for all the whiners saying KC got breaks from the refs... fine.

How do we think the game would have turned out if JuJu, Hardman, Bell, Kelce, Gay, Sneed, and PATRICK were healthy?

I dare say it wouldn't have been close. The fact we beat them at 75% proves the additional motivation got them over the top.

2 minutes ago, mex said:

I took a little shit for suggesting they went to far with their trash talk and would motivate the team. Turns out I was right.

AS PER USUAL. :lol: 

Seriously though... they trash talk all the time. Calling it 'Burrowhead' was a slam on the entire organization and fans.

But when that Cincy mayor spoke out, I absolutely KNEW it would come back to haunt them.

And for all the whiners saying KC got breaks from the refs... fine.

How do we think the game would have turned out with JuJu, Hardman, Bell, Kelce, Gay, Sneed, and PATRICK were healthy?

I dare say it wouldn't have been close. The fact we beat them at 75% proves the additional motivation got them over the top.

Yeah ...I hate the whole referee angle. I'll admit....there may have been a a missed call here or there. But truthfully....if you are gonna micro analyze one play and try to make a statement off it, you need to go back and micro analyze every frickin' play. I saw a couple fairly flagrant holds on Chris Jones that didn't get called. What effect did that have on a drive? 

1 hour ago, West said:

I think you are right Bil but I think KC "punched them in the mouth" on that opening series and the Bengal game plan went out the window...

w

Pretty much the same thing. Those multiple sacks early shocked the hell out of them.  Wild man defense on a dry field.  They just weren't psychologically prepared for what happened.

5 hours ago, mex said:

How do we think the game would have turned out if JuJu, Hardman, Bell, Kelce, Gay, Sneed, and PATRICK were healthy?

Bengals' fans could say the same thing about their lack of an O-line.  Every player they had on the line got a penalty or gave up a sack.  TBH, with one minute remaining, I thought Burrows would complete one more pass and the Chiefs would lose by three at the end.  Jones absolutely blew up the Bengals RT and gave the Chiefs a chance.  It wasn't even a fair fight.  Poor guy couldn't have handled an average DE and he had to stop Jones.  Game over.  Healthy Chiefs and Cincy line intact would probably have resulted in a 35-31 type game. 

23 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Bengals' fans could say the same thing about their lack of an O-line.  Every player they had on the line got a penalty or gave up a sack.  TBH, with one minute remaining, I thought Burrows would complete one more pass and the Chiefs would lose by three at the end.  Jones absolutely blew up the Bengals RT and gave the Chiefs a chance.  It wasn't even a fair fight.  Poor guy couldn't have handled an average DE and he had to stop Jones.  Game over.  Healthy Chiefs and Cincy line intact would probably have resulted in a 35-31 type game. 

Thing is they knew and practiced before with that same o line. Losing all the receiver and adjusting in game is really impressive.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Bengals' fans could say the same thing about their lack of an O-line. 

See, that didn't affect them vs Buffalo. Because of the snow. 

The Chiefs were by far the better team that day... and a hobbled Mahomes was significantly better than a perfectly healthy Burrow, with weapons who had logged more tackles to date than receptions.

So screw them Bengals fans.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Thing is they knew and practiced before with that same o line. Losing all the receiver and adjusting in game is really impressive.

True, but all the practice in the world wasn't going to make the Bengals' line even average.  They were handicapped by injuries.  We could debate who lost the most, but from experience of the Chiefs in SB LV, a line is pretty important.  I agree that the Chiefs did well considering all the lost firepower.  MVS saved the day.  But the Chiefs offense wasn't exactly up to par in the second half.  One TD on an all world pass and a FG following a 15 yd. penalty.  The defense saved the day and all props to the rookies and the D line. 

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

True, but all the practice in the world wasn't going to make the Bengals' line even average.  They were handicapped by injuries.  We could debate who lost the most, but from experience of the Chiefs in SB LV, a line is pretty important.  I agree that the Chiefs did well considering all the lost firepower.  MVS saved the day.  But the Chiefs offense wasn't exactly up to par in the second half.  One TD on an all world pass and a FG following a 15 yd. penalty.  The defense saved the day and all props to the rookies and the D line. 

In a game where we were down so many receivers, it really hurt to get 27 yards on 15 carries from Pacheco, McKinnon and RoJo combined.  That ain't getting it done.  And I don't think you can blame Andy.  He tried to get a running game going.  

Just now, reesebobby said:

In a game where we were down so many receivers, it really hurt to get 27 yards on 15 carries from Pacheco, McKinnon and RoJo combined.  That ain't getting it done.  And I don't think you can blame Andy.  He tried to get a running game going.  

My comment during the game was that all the runs seemed to be the same type and most were on first down.  Then again, if they only pick up one or two yards of first down, the run game is pretty much out the window.  Maybe a few more short passes to Pacheco would have helped.  Watching him a space still is a beautiful thing. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Yeah he did, but in fairness, they were able to keep their linebackers in because they didn't have to respect our receivers. 

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

This^^^^

Pacheco strikes me as a guy who needs a big hole to be effective and the O Line hasn't been creating them. He doesn't really create. Straight on speed, he has. The one play where he reversed field last week was an exception. So many times he just slams into the back of a lineman. He runs with a lot of quick, choppy steps but I don't see smooth, quick directional change. That's instinctual. I'm thinking, if after watching this on his college film, it's the reason a guy with this much speed can last to the 7th round. 

5 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Pacheco strikes me as a guy who needs a big hole to be effective and the O Line hasn't been creating them. He doesn't really create. Straight on speed, he has. The one play where he reversed field last week was an exception. So many times he just slams into the back of a lineman. He runs with a lot of quick, choppy steps but I don't see smooth, quick directional change. That's instinctual. I'm thinking, if after watching this on his college film, it's the reason a guy with this much speed can last to the 7th round. 

It takes a while for rookies to learn to sit back and allow the line open up... that's what Priest Holmes was so danged good at.

The Bengals have a damned good defense and I'm not so sure Philly is on the same level.