Bills bengals

Just now, TomahawkChop said:

I think I read somewhere late this afternoon that Pat is much better today then they expected. If true that’s fantastic news. Ice it all week. Shoot it up and tape the shit out of it before game time, I guess. 

Yes.    I dont think any doctor has stated it is a high ankle sprain. Thats the media assumption. 

Chiefs will have to dial up a great plan. If Cincy wins next week then who can deny that they are the top dog in the AFC? I'm still pissed about last year's AFCCG. We had it!.....and threw it away with piss poor play calling and no adjustments to what Cincy did. If Andy and Spags sit on their asses and learned nothing from that game then expect similar results.

If Pat cannot run at 80%, the running game will be be hurt because handoffs will be out of sync like yesterday. Bengals are going to blitz and have people diving after Pats ankles all game.

More than ever, the defense needs to win a game. I don’t think KC can score more than 24.

8 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

If Pat cannot run at 80%, the running game will be be hurt because handoffs will be out of sync like yesterday. Bengals are going to blitz and have people diving after Pats ankles all game.

More than ever, the defense needs to win a game. I don’t think KC can score more than 24.

Nah.  The only handoff he had issue with was that zone stretch play from under center, and that’s a very minuscule part of the offense. 

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

Nah.  The only handoff he had issue with was that zone stretch play from under center, and that’s a very minuscule part of the offense. 

He will be better next week.  He might not be 100% but he will be able to make that handoff.  Now dancing around back there and taking off for 20 yards might be hard but if Reid can pull his head out and scheme up an offense like he did vs the 49ers we got a shot.  

The Bengals got a break because the weather hurt the Bills ability to get a pass rush.   They don't have CJ crushing the pocket.  While our DL isn't amazing that Oline is not good and should get exploited by Spags.  If we can get consist pressure and stop a few drives we are going to win this game.   We always play better when people doubt us.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

He will be better next week.  He might not be 100% but he will be able to make that handoff.  Now dancing around back there and taking off for 20 yards might be hard but if Reid can pull his head out and scheme up an offense like he did vs the 49ers we got a shot.  

The Bengals got a break because the weather hurt the Bills ability to get a pass rush.   They don't have CJ crushing the pocket.  While our DL isn't amazing that Oline is not good and should get exploited by Spags.  If we can get consist pressure and stop a few drives we are going to win this game.   We always play better when people doubt us.

I also don’t think Toney or hardman played in our last game vs bungles. 

11 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Did we even touch Burrow in the last game?

12 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I'd like to see more of McKinnon breaking off his block and getting out into the flats for the dump off option... and Pacheco on wheel routes. We need to use every tool in the box, and mix it the fuck up. Andy has a tendency to mix it up early then get entirely predictable.

We won the SB because he wasn't predictable.

39 minutes ago, mex said:

I'd like to see more of McKinnon breaking off his block and getting out into the flats for the dump off option... and Pacheco on wheel routes. We need to use every tool in the box, and mix it the fuck up. Andy has a tendency to mix it up early then get entirely predictable.

If he did break off that one block he threw we'd be reading Patrick's Obit this morning. He's a 9 year vet  I hope he stays another year at least

41 minutes ago, mex said:

We won because we fell behind by double digits every game and had to adjust. Andy with a lead is predictable and cost us in every game against Cincy the last 3 games. It would be nice to see running game with a play action. That would get any team off balanced. They will drop 8 in the box and bring up a safety to blitz. Mahomes is banged up and probably won't be to mobile so I expect pressure from them.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

We won because we fell behind by double digits every game and had to adjust. Andy with a lead is predictable and cost us in every game against Cincy the last 3 games. It would be nice to see running game with a play action. That would get any team off balanced. They will drop 8 in the box and bring up a safety to blitz. Mahomes is banged up and probably won't be to mobile so I expect pressure from them.

I expect Henne to finish the game and not because of an insurmountable Chiefs lead either

12 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I also don’t think Toney or hardman played in our last game vs bungles. 

Nor did Joe Thuney and I think Allegretti was responsible for a sack and a couple pressures from that guard spot.  Reader worked him pretty good that game.   

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

If he did break off that one block he threw we'd be reading Patrick's Obit this morning. He's a 9 year vet  I hope he stays another year at least

that was a hell of a block... on a guy 30 lbs heavier, running full speed on a blitz

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I expect Henne to finish the game and not because of an insurmountable Chiefs lead either

Yup. With Andy's stubborness and Pat's ego/competitveness...I don't think they will do what's needed to keep him healthy. Pat will convince Andy to let him dropback and do his thing...especially if somehow we get a lead.

Those two are something. Great Competitors, but damn.

Everyone in the world knows the bengals defensive gameplan...Dropping 8 into coverage on 2nd and 3rd downs.  But what does Andy and Pat do????

Bang their heads against the wall trying to figure out how they can throw passes against it.....WTF? 

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

It would be nice to see running game with a play action.

I have been saying that for a long time.

Just curious though... is play-action less effective from shotgun? Seems like from under center, the QB is taking at least 3 steps with the ball out ready to hand off, which is what triggers the LBs to commit... from the shotgun, the LBs know if it's a fake within a second or two... that dynamic might change things a bit. I'm no football guru... maybe that's a question for someone more experienced...

1 minute ago, mex said:

Just curious though... is play-action less effective from shotgun? Seems like from under center, the QB is taking at least 3 steps with the ball out ready to hand off, which is what triggers the LBs to commit... from the shotgun, the LBs know if it's a fake within a second or two... that dynamic might change things a bit. I'm no football guru... maybe that's a question for someone more experienced...

Yes, Mex. You are correct. 

Zac Taylor has been outcoaching Reid. The LB's don't ever bite on the playaction when they play us. NEVER. He does not commit his gamplans to stopping the run at all. If you remember the last game we played them, when we ran down the field on them, calling run plays on the entire possession? 

Thats what needs to happen. Do that twice, and now the LBs will have to at least think about the run. Playaction might work.

3 minutes ago, mex said:

Does play action require the QB to run more?  Yes. So I dont think we will see a lot of that.