Bills bengals

21 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yup. With Andy's stubborness and Pat's ego/competitveness...I don't think they will do what's needed to keep him healthy. Pat will convince Andy to let him dropback and do his thing...especially if somehow we get a lead.

Those two are something. Great Competitors, but damn.

Everyone in the world knows the bengals defensive gameplan...Dropping 8 into coverage on 2nd and 3rd downs.  But what does Andy and Pat do????

Bang their heads against the wall trying to figure out how they can throw passes against it.....WTF? 

You both realize that we were up 4 and driving at will in the second half when Kelce fumbled and gave them a short field in the 4th quarter or we win that game going pretty handidly without Thuney, Toney or Hardman.   

I mean Mahomes had that game plan beat until Kelce fumbled and his Oline forgot how to block on the last series.   Even after all that we had a chance to tie on a fg that Butker missed.

We might not win but the idea the Bengals are going to destroy us is something.

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

You both realize that we were up 4 and driving at will in the second half when Kelce fumbled and gave them a short field in the 4th quarter or we win that game going pretty handidly without Thuney, Toney or Hardman.   

I mean Mahomes had that game plan beat until Kelce fumbled and his Oline forgot how to block on the last series.   Even after all that we had a chance to tie on a fg that Butker missed.

We might not win but the idea the Bengals are going to destroy us is something.

I don't think we get destroyed. Lose maybe, not destroyed.

The main thing that has me going this morning is the fact that I know KC can beat the bengals. Even with a hobbled PM15. CINCY AINT NOTHING SPECIAL. 

Burrow is the real deal and his WR's are great. They have top tier offensive weapons. But so do the Chargers, Bills, Dolphins, Ravens..etc..

It just pisses me off that Reid keeps letting Zac Taylor pimp him with that punk ass, weak ass, dime defense he runs. 

Great posts to read with the upcoming tilt with bengals. 
Some stats from last game we played them. 
no KT or hardman. No Mixon for them. 
Kc rushed for 138  bengals rushed 152. 
mahomes sacked 2x burrow 1x. 
kelce fumble. Turnover. No turnover for bengals. 
we had 116 return yards ( Pacheco) long of 44. 
they had 27 yds. 
Butker 1/2 FG and there kicker 2/2. 
they had 3 first downs because of penalty. 
both teams good on third down 

they ran 66 plays. We ran 54. 
each team had 8 drives. 
TOP. Chiefs 27:54 bungles 32:06. 

so really pretty even except the turnover and missed FG by the chiefs. 

I have full confidence in chiefs beating the bengals as long as they play a clean mistake free game. 
Last year afc champion game bengals had 6 first downs by way of penalties  we had 10-  83 yds  and 6 of them went for a automatic first down for the bengals  

that cannot happen again  

Just now, Holmes4six! said:

they had 27 yds. 

each team had 8 drives. 

I have full confidence in chiefs beating the bengals as long as they play a clean mistake free game. 
Last year afc champion game bengals had 6 first downs by way of penalties  we had 10-  83 yds  and 6 of them went for a automatic first down for the bengals  

that cannot happen again  

They've obviously beat us 3 in a row, but really in none of those games did it feel like they were just better than us.   More like we just screwed them all up.  There was a Bills game or 2 where they just kicked our ass and felt like they were the better team.  

4 hours ago, artsy said:

Playaction is only effective if the defense respects the run.

That is all.

I'm no expert either, but that's how I see it.  Play action only works well when a team has been hurt by the run game over and over. 

4 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Does not matter. The plan used against the Niners may be the approach. I think Reid has a better feel for things that armchair experts.

It did, and maybe he will, but I understand were artsy is coming from. I remember the old Shanahan zone running game, or whatever it was called; destroying the Chiefs, and this is when they had a good defense. Elway would torch us with the playaction and Plummer with the naked bootleg. 

The Chiefs will get a good run, then just drop back and pass again. God forbid the run gets stuffed, then they abandon it altogether. 

7 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

they had 27 yds. 

each team had 8 drives. 

that cannot happen again  

Yup, mistake free. That is it. Don't give them freebies. Also Thuney didn't play in the first game.

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Explain.  I’m having a hard time determining this.  There’s one wr on the line, one off, then two guys on the ends that seem to be the sam distance off.  Did the refs consider the one on the side of kittle off so then kittle became eligible?

10 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

Explain.  I’m having a hard time determining this.  There’s one wr on the line, one off, then two guys on the ends that seem to be the sam distance off.  Did the refs consider the one on the side of kittle off so then kittle became eligible?

If 44 is on the line of scrimmage, which it looks like he is, then Kittle is ineligible.  I think it's probably also an illegal formation with his jersey number lined up as a  tackle.  Only the 2 players at the end of the line (whether a tight end or a wide receiver) and those in the backfield including the quarterback.