Bunghole fans already talking their schmack

39 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Was listening to a sports talk show and it was mentioned that the Bills built their team to beat the Chiefs...and now suddenly here come the Bengals. Question I have is,"If Chiefs lose a 4th straight time to Cincy...does Veach try to design the team to match up with and beat the Bungholes"??

not sure how as their team is stocked full of  low # picks , They got 2 more year of Cheap Burrows then reality will set it 

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Was listening to a sports talk show and it was mentioned that the Bills built their team to beat the Chiefs...and now suddenly here come the Bengals. Question I have is,"If Chiefs lose a 4th straight time to Cincy...does Veach try to design the team to match up with and beat the Bungholes"??

I just hope keep building a better overall  team to compete every  team. To entertain your question,  I think Veach already may be trying to build a defense to beat the Bengals by strengthening the secondary. 

22 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

not sure how as their team is stocked full of  low # picks , They got 2 more year of Cheap Burrows then reality will set it 

can they get away with being 'cheap' with Burrow for two more years? I doubt it. Didn't Veach/Clark pay Mahomes before his rookie deal was up? Cincy will need to pay him to keep him happy. Seriously doubt they'll be able to keep both Higgins and Chase for long.

2 minutes ago, qnet said:

I just hope keep building a better overall  team to compete every  team. To entertain your question,  I think Veach already may be trying to build a defense to beat the Bengals by strengthening the secondary. 

This will work for everyone team if we have a strong secondary.  I think a good DE and DT next to Jones will work wonders for the team and secondary.

Just now, kkuenn said:

This will work for everyone team if we have a strong secondary.  I think a good DE and DT next to Jones will work wonders for the team and secondary.

Yep. In 2023, your secondary can only be good for 4 seconds. After that the rules favor offenses and make it difficult to stay on a receiver.

A strong DL minimizes that and also helps the LBs out just enough to shadow mobile QBs.

It all starts with the DL.

8 minutes ago, mex said:

can they get away with being 'cheap' with Burrow for two more years? I doubt it. Didn't Veach/Clark pay Mahomes before his rookie deal was up? Cincy will need to pay him to keep him happy. Seriously doubt they'll be able to keep both Higgins and Chase for long.

Simple answer is yes. I was just looking at articles in regards to his contract and upcoming extension he has 2 more years on the cheap counting his 5th year option then extension  AND IT WIL BE HUGE! will kick in. It will be interesting if they do a Patrick 10 year type. Chase is a year behind him but Higgins' is up the same year as Chase  since he was not a 1rst rnd pick..yea they got some deciding to do

59 minutes ago, dhitter said:

We have a team that can compete with them but the DL has to get pressure with only the front four.  All 3 of their WR are very good with Chase being a top 3-5 in the league and Higgins being a WR1 for almost any team.  We can't guard them 1v1 when we blitz unless we get to Burrow very quickly which we haven't been able to do. 

They have a very nice window right now with contracts:

This is based on the start of next year.

Burrow year 3-  Two more cheap years

Chase year 2-  Three more years

Higgins year 3-  Last cheap year

FA after this year aren't weak either

Bates, Flowers, Bell, Apple, and Hurst are the main one

Just now, oldtimer said:

I was just looking at articles in regards to his contract and upcoming extension he has 2 more years on the cheap counting his 5th year option then extension  AND IT WIL BE HUGE! will kick in. It will be interesting if they do a Patrick 10 year type. Chase is a year behind him but Higgins is the same year since he was not a 1rst rnd pick..yea they got some deciding to do

Pretty sure the next generation of QB contracts (Burrow, Lawrence etc) will make Patrick's look like a bargain.

18 minutes ago, mex said:

Pretty sure the next generation of QB contracts (Burrow, Lawrence etc) will make Patrick's look like a bargain.

Comparing to the other QBs that got paid Mahomes' deal already looks like a bargain. So many losers got paid because of the inflated market, Mahomes at least pays for his contract making cheap WRs look solid and a lame OL survive. 

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

I think he may be doing that..Hence the tall DB's he drafted. 

IDK. Cincy doesn't do anything different per se. They do have a qb that doesn't get shook and stays extremely poised. But they do have big WR's....

On Defense, they're nothing special...Well coached perhaps...? I believe that Zac Taylor has just studied Andy's offensive tendencies and gameplans to take them away. 

1. Double/Beat up on - Travis Kelce

2. Play coverage on 2nd and 3rd downs; Safties stay over the top to eliminate big plays

3. Keep a spy on PM15 on 3rd downs

4. Repeat #3 because he knows that Andy will never commit to fully running the football no matter the score.

It's very hard to stay on top in the NFL.  Teams like the Chiefs who have had five great runs, have to pay their star players plus get lower draft picks.  Veach has done a good job so far at balancing the cap and bringing in rookie talent.  A team like CINN or JAX have an advantage with cheap QB and high picks.  Their downside is that the window is only open for maybe three years.  Burrows, Allen, Lawrence, Herbert, and the next big thing can't all win before the cap hits catch up.  Veach doesn't have to plan to beat CINN, he just needs to keep doing what has worked so far and give the Chiefs a shot at a deep playoff run every year. 

1 hour ago, artsy said:

3. Keep a spy on PM15 on 3rd downs

4. Repeat #3 because he knows that Andy will never commit to fully running the football no matter the score.

it was my understanding  Qb spys are meant  to make sure the Qb dont run I think putting a spy on Patrick is a wasted assignment being what things are now.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

it was my understanding  Qb spys are meant  to make sure the Qb dont run I think putting a spy on Patrick is a wasted assignment being what things are now.

Possibly but let it be 3rd and 6 with us needing a first down badly to extend a game winning drive or something like this and I bet Mahomes takes off.