High Ankle Sprain

Heard a pretty good exchange between Colin Cowherd and Mark Schlereth talking about Patrick's injury.  Schlereth says he's had the exact injury as Patrick... when someone rolled up on his lower leg.

Said the pain is tolerable... unless you try to pivot or otherwise put side-to-side pressure on it. He says when that happens it is excruciating pain... the worst he's ever had as an NFL player. 

Said they wrapped him heavily, and gave him a shot which drifted down and made his entire foot numb. He said he could play like that, but the cuts and pivots could potentially prevent healing and even make it worse.  

Schlereth went on to say he couldn't believe Patrick finished that game because the pain had to be unbearable... and said the fact he did shows just how tough he is and what kind of a leader we have.

Apparently the joint where the tibia and fibula meet the foot is called the syndesmosis, and it's the cartilage between the two, which stabilizes your lower leg, that gets torn or inflamed in a high ankle sprain. 

Schlereth says at most, Patrick will be at 70%... likely less especially if he's pressured. This game is going to show what kind of mettle our OL have. If they aren't motivated to play their best game ever, with their leader out there giving it his all, there's something wrong.

29 minutes ago, dhitter said:

It will hopefully cause Andy to rely more heavily on the run game. Pacheco could be huge in this game. Also if Mecole is back a jet sweep or two should be on the menu. Quick passing game and the run. It could work.

The defense needs to play it's best game of the year 

Just use the 98 yard Henne drive as a game plan.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Patrick Mahomes (ankle) will do everything in practice Wednesday.

Reid even noted that he may need to hold Mahomes back for his own good at times. The Chiefs could ultimately list him as a limited participant on their practice report. It sounds like Mahomes' high-ankle sprain won't be a major issue in the AFC Championship, though it's fair to say it will still limit his mobility in some capacity. Still, a practice, either limited or full, to start the week is a great outcome for Mahomes and the Chiefs. 

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Excuse me. I dont assume everyone reads every thread. I dont. No problem. Going forward I will not post. Ill just read and respond. Thanks.

It's playoff time... most people read every thread.

That's why xen puts all those little bold stars next to each thread so you can pick up right where you left off 

1 hour ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Don't we have bigger things to bitch about....Like the Bengals?

What's to bitch about? 

Bengals OL getting healthier and available Sunday?

Bengals receivers dominating everyone?

Mahomes being at 70%

Hendrickson and Hubbard making life tough on Wylie and OBJ?

Just now, oldtimer said:

I really couldn't care less what the Bungholes say

meh... doesn't matter what any of us think

What matters is what the Chiefs defense thinks about it.

Got a feeling they don't appreciate being home dogs in 'burrowhead' stadium. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I really couldn't care less what the Bungholes say If the Chiefs don't play in the SB they are right to say it that being said when/if the Bungholes play in the SB I will roote against them even if it's vs the 49rs with all the vigor I can muster

It would be one of the few times I will root for the NFC team.

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I seen an article  suggesting that the type of tackle that  sprained Patrick's ankle yet broke Pollard's Fibula will be reviewed as a PI penalty next year.

I sure hope not.

A lot of people are saying it was intentional based on the video... I'm just not seeing it.

It's football. Shit happens.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I seen an article  suggesting that the type of tackle that  sprained Patrick's ankle yet broke Pollard's Fibula will be reviewed as a PI penalty next year.

Stupid if it is a PI. You can't control how one is tackled and how you come down during the tackle. Even though this happened to Mahomes, it was still juat a tackle.