Chiefs vs. Chargers Game Thread

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On paper as well as the way they have been playing they should win the next 3. They played well against Denver and SF and I believe at home they win those games. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't sweep SD and beat Denver in KC. Chiefs go to the playoffs again.

DITTO! stay healthy and keep that front 7 in tact.

Looks like I guessed right this time, fellas. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Like I mentioned before the game, it doesn't make any difference how good Rivers is. In addition to pressure, the best way to defense that is to keep him off the field with long run-dominated drives. We did that and squeaked one out on the road against a very strong team by simply having the ball twice as much as they did.

The officiating sucked. That one "pass interference" was a travesty. The officials seemed to work pretty hard to get a SD victory. The helmet spear of Alex Smith for a roughing the passer could have been called by Helen Keller. That player should have been sent not to the bench, but to the federal penitentiary. And what about that Santos? Go Tulane!

Sure would be nice to get some sure handed WR's. Bowe must go. That drop by Hemingway should have been a TD. The game should not have been that close.

Been waiting for that!

And Smith did it without anyone being able to hear. Doing that in KC is one thing. Doing it in SD should put Mongo on notice regarding Smith. How would Smith have looked if Hemingway had caught that pass, and that drop by Bowe? Anyone still think Smith is not capable of bringing us a championship?

Naw, Chiefs earned that one. Refs tried to give it to SD for a minute, but Chiefs refused to be denied. The better team won today.

Amen and absolutely. The Chiefs dominated time of posession and plays. The refs tried to steal it from us, but they had no answer to Alex Smith and to our running game. That was not one we should have lost. It was one we should have won a lot bigger. If Hemingway catches that ball and Jenkins does not step out of bounds, we win by 17 points, not three.

Looks like I guessed right this time, fellas. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Like I mentioned before the game, it doesn't make any difference how good Rivers is. In addition to pressure, the best way to defense that is to keep him off the field with long run-dominated drives. We did that and squeaked one out on the road against a very strong team by simply having the ball twice as much as they did.

The officiating sucked. That one "pass interference" was a travesty. The officials seemed to work pretty hard to get a SD victory. The helmet spear of Alex Smith for a roughing the passer could have been called by Helen Keller. That player should have been sent not to the bench, but to the federal penitentiary. And what about that Santos? Go Tulane!

Sure would be nice to get some sure handed WR's. Bowe must go. That drop by Hemingway should have been a TD. The game should not have been that close.

as i sat in the car listening to the game on XM,  i heard a familer tune, Bowe dropped the pass. Started thinking about how many draft picks we have next year and i would be happy to see #82 somewhere else. this is as good as it gets with him and that is not going to get it done...WR corp really needs a makeover.

the most painful thing to listen to was the san diego announcers (XM turned off the chiefs feed with about 5 mins left in the game) cry about the phantom face mask at the end and how that decided the game.but it sounds to me like the calls sucked for both sides equally. Nice to get a win but would have felt better if it had been by more than 3 points

Monday will be ok for me, Upside is that the chiefs won and the World Series is on deck....Downside is that i will have to listen to all the Redskins and Cowboys fans talk shit all damn day long....sigh, thank god for headphones and 610 sports streaming

Feels so good after the heart break loss in KC last season, and the missed field goal that robbed the second stringers of a victory in SD.

umm this is the first time charles has been with the team for a win in diego.. its been a long damn time since we won there.. 

RG

guys you realize that bowe put us in position to win this game? sure he drops some.. but well then he makes a 3rd down grab, that helps put us in position to kick a game winner.. Also I am not sure there is a better blocking reciever on the planet. So give the man credit for helping Jamaal out as well. Bowe is not as bad as you think he is.. he just needs some help.

RG

Amen and absolutely. The Chiefs dominated time of posession and plays. The refs tried to steal it from us, but they had no answer to Alex Smith and to our running game. That was not one we should have lost. It was one we should have won a lot bigger. If Hemingway catches that ball and Jenkins does not step out of bounds, we win by 17 points, not three.

10, not 3 or 17. We still ended up scoring on the Jenkins-OOBs drive. Plus, we burned more clock and Smith got more yards (holding pushed the ball back in which he regained those yards in the air).

guys you realize that bowe put us in position to win this game? sure he drops some.. but well then he makes a 3rd down grab, that helps put us in position to kick a game winner.. Also I am not sure there is a better blocking reciever on the planet. So give the man credit for helping Jamaal out as well. Bowe is not as bad as you think he is.. he just needs some help.

RG

I think everyone knows that Bowe is a competent WR. Some of these folks problem is how much he gets paid. Which is funny because there isn't a person in here who wouldn't take a multimillion dollar contact and then give it back if they didn't play well. A bunch of hypocrites. I understand they are upset and understandably have the right to be, but it doesn't mean they still aren't hypocrites.

I think everyone knows that Bowe is a competent WR. Some of these folks problem is how much he gets paid. Which is funny because there isn't a person in here who wouldn't take a multimillion dollar contact and then give it back if they didn't play well. A bunch of hypocrites. I understand they are upset and understandably have the right to be, but it doesn't mean they still aren't hypocrites.

Agreed, but I don't think it's hypocrisy to say he makes too much. He evidently does, but it happened and we have to deal with it. I agree he dropped an easy one, but that's the story of Bowe - then he makes the hard catch. He blocked two guys on the Jenkins grab to spree him outside as well.

Jenkins, even with his kind of stupid lack of concentration/awareness today, should continue to start in my opinion. He's hardly had a chance and he's catching the ball, something we can't say for the rest of the receivers.  Bowe, Jenkins, and then Thomas and Wilson in the slots. See what happens. It can't be worse than a guy like Hemingway dropping a WIDE OPEN pass that probably would have netted a TD or at least go the Chiefs well inside the 20.

Jenkins, even with his kind of stupid lack of concentration/awareness today, should continue to start in my opinion. He's hardly had a chance and he's catching the ball, something we can't say for the rest of the receivers. Bowe, Jenkins, and then Thomas and Wilson in the slots. See what happens. It can't be worse than a guy like Hemingway dropping a WIDE OPEN pass that probably would have netted a TD or at least go the Chiefs well inside the 20.

Yep, he even caught a ball I would have somewhat excused for dropping. I want him to work out because he's a Chief, but also for us to definitively say we won the trade for him, not a loss or washed out trade.

Jenkins, even with his kind of stupid lack of concentration/awareness today, should continue to start in my opinion. He's hardly had a chance and he's catching the ball, something we can't say for the rest of the receivers.  Bowe, Jenkins, and then Thomas and Wilson in the slots. See what happens. It can't be worse than a guy like Hemingway dropping a WIDE OPEN pass that probably would have netted a TD or at least go the Chiefs well inside the 20.

They should cut him immediately.

Like to see more of the Wilson kid.

And, y'all are nuts. Bowe is a good receiver and a TEAM player. Maybe he gets 1 money when he should really only get 2, but where would we be without him?

There isn't a team in the NFL that wouldn't put him out there.

Archived