Chiefs vs. Chargers Game Thread

Like to see more of the Wilson kid.

And, y'all are nuts. Bowe is a good receiver and a TEAM player. Maybe he gets 1 money when he should really only get 2, but where would we be without him?

There isn't a team in the NFL that wouldn't put him out there.

The drops are maddening. Alex smith needs to throw him the ball more for sure regardless of the drops.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like to see more of the Wilson kid.

And, y'all are nuts. Bowe is a good receiver and a TEAM player. Maybe he gets 1 money when he should really only get 2, but where would we be without him?

There isn't a team in the NFL that wouldn't put him out there.

The money matters with a hard cap.  No one has beaten the drum for Dwayne Bowe on this board louder than me.  I've defended him through think and thin.  Where is Bubbles, any way?

He simply doesn't produce enough to warrant the cap hit, which worsens next off season.  He either has to restructure or he is gone.

At the same time the team, and Bowe, will be much better off by adding 2 or 3 WR next offseason.  I think we all agree on that.

The drops are maddening. Alex smith needs to throw him the ball more for sure regardless of the drops.

I was ready to to behead him yesterday, but you are right, that is a good reminder and a repetitive pattern. He has always been like that. He makes an inexcusable drop, and it wakes him up and starts to catch everything in sight. And he is a monster blocker. If he were a little larger, he would be a great tight end. As far as receiving, he is simply better the more you throw to him. He does need help on the other side to decrease the coverage on him and give the mistake-averse Alex Smith a little more confidence to throw to him. He definitely needs help. A little help from his friends. He gets high with a little help from his friends. Oops. I mean, he catches better with a little help from his friends.

The money matters with a hard cap.  No one has beaten the drum for Dwayne Bowe on this board loader than me.  I've defended him through think and thin.  Where is Bubbles, any way?

He simply doesn't produce enough to warrant the cap hit, which worsens next off season.  He either has to restructure or he is gone.

At the same time the team, and Bowe, will be much better off by adding 2 or 3 WR next offseason.  I think we all agree on that.

I can't find anything wrong with what you wrote. Bowe needs to up his game, but that is not likely to happen. Part of the problem is with Bowe as you stated. However, Reid runs a pass happy offense that does not go primarily through the WR. In his offense, TEs and RBs get the passes. 

If Bowe wants to remain in KC next year, he will most likely have to give back some of that contract. 

The money matters with a hard cap. No one has beaten the drum for Dwayne Bowe on this board louder than me. I've defended him through think and thin. Where is Bubbles, any way?

He simply doesn't produce enough to warrant the cap hit, which worsens next off season. He either has to restructure or he is gone.

At the same time the team, and Bowe, will be much better off by adding 2 or 3 WR next offseason. I think we all agree on that.

Well, I already stated that he makes too much money. That's not his fault, however.

I hope he takes less money and stays. Would hate to lose him.

This offense doesn't need a number 1. Get another number 2 and another pass catching TE. AS's game is the short game. Do that and hope DAT develops and this offense could be very dangerous.

I am more impressed with this Defense. When you consider how many lineup changes they have endured, they have still played well.

Well, I already stated that he makes too much money. That's not his fault, however.

I hope he takes less money and stays. Would hate to lose him.

This offense doesn't need a number 1. Get another number 2 and another pass catching TE. AS's game is the short game. Do that and hope DAT develops and this offense could be very dangerous.

I am more impressed with this Defense. When you consider how many lineup changes they have endured, they have still played well.

I was trying to look at our team with the eyes of another team's fan like I look at other teams and Thomas and Kelce are two players that I think I'd be jealous of not having if we didn't. Hope we're right. Of course, Charles is one of those, too. And this is only offense so far. Some teams also would like someone like Alex Smith compared to who they have. Yes, there are plenty of quarterbacks that are more coveted.

They should cut him immediately.

If the Chiefs weren't absolute fucking morons, wasting a 1st round pick on that waste of a roster spot in Dee Ford, and actually drafted a WR, then I'd be inclined to agree. As it stands right now, there isn't a receiver on this roster that deserves a spot. However, they have what they have, and Jenkins has outplayed Hemingway and Hammond in limited opportunities. Jenkins should be playing over both of them.

Add in this, Jenkins has been very much open deep multiple times in some games and Alex has failed to take the shot. That isn't on Jenkins, that's on Smith. He overlooked Jenkins deep and open twice yesterday and 1 of them would have been a sure TD.

If the Chiefs weren't absolute fucking morons, wasting a 1st round pick on that waste of a roster spot in Dee Ford, and actually drafted a WR, then I'd be inclined to agree. As it stands right now, there isn't a receiver on this roster that deserves a spot. However, they have what they have, and Jenkins has outplayed Hemingway and Hammond in limited opportunities. Jenkins should be playing over both of them.

Add in this, Jenkins has been very much open deep multiple times in some games and Alex has failed to take the shot. That isn't on Jenkins, that's on Smith. He overlooked Jenkins deep and open twice yesterday and 1 of them would have been a sure TD.

I think its way too early to draw any conclusions on Jenkins. Jenkins might blossom if thrown to, but he's only 6'0" and 190. I just don't know what his level of concentration and hands are really like. I think Reid likes a top WR in his system to be a little taller and heavier. Hemingway is more the ideal size, and he just needs more reps and experience. I still really like him, even though I wanted to wring his neck Sunday. He battles. He wins physical battles and goes up for the tall ball better. We just have a lot of young guys who need more experience and need to battle it out and gain Smith's confidence. It seems like 11 draft picks, including two second rounders would yield what we need or are looking for, if they aren't on the roster now.

How can you be so flippantly dismissive about Dee Ford? Don't you trust Dorsey? Isn't it a bit early to write him off? He has some nifty moves, and Hali is going to be gone. He just needs to work on certain skills and spend more time in Sutton's system. You might be right, but damn! That is a very strong statement about him based on very little observation. I trust the Chiefs staff and scouts to do a little better than you are implying.

Hali is play is very solid He and Houston are a top tier pass rush tandem. I would not be so sure about his Goneness being absolute

I hope you are right. As you said, there is only so much money. Hopefully Bowe will restructure. I think Dorsey will make good decisions within the limits of human fallibility. With the draft we have coming with its 2 second rounders, I see Super Bowl coming. And fairly soon. Probably several very strong years.

I hope you are right. As you said, there is only so much money. Hopefully Bowe will restructure. I think Dorsey will make good decisions within the limits of human fallibility. With the draft we have coming with its 2 second rounders, I see Super Bowl coming. And fairly soon. Probably several very strong years.

How do we have 2 R2?

Archived