Just now, timmy_6262 said:

next drive

this is getting old its the same shit

6 plays

1 running play where he was in the backfield immediately but missed the tackle

5 1v1 1 pushed pocket with pressure, 1 slight pressure, 1 quick pass no chance for pressure, 1 screen with no pressure but I'm being kind and saying he was "staying home"

0 double teams

You've changed my mind.  We should release him immediatley.

Just now, Spfdchiefsfan said:

You've changed my mind.  We should release him immediatley.

no just stop making excuses and defending him when its clear those excuses are incorrect

we complain about players not playing up to expectations but absolutely give Jones a pass in the playoffs

We need him to make a large impact this Sunday if we want to win.

You are right he didn't get doubled much this game.   The Jags game plan was short under 2 second passes.   I watched the first 3 series and he got pressure a few times and most of the plays the ball was out before anyone could make a play.   He did stuff a run he was chipped on and got pressure on a roll out.  He had his man beat 50% of the snaps I watched but it either didnt' matter because the run was away from him or a short dump pass.   The first series he got doubled on 2 of the first 3 plays.  He then started lining up on the outside shoulder of the guard trying to force 1v1's with himself and the DE.  No one is getting home on a <2.0  second pass.   

Not sure what you want him to do in those situations.  He is beating his man and getting pressure when Lawrence held it or pushing the pocket when he was doubled.   I know you complain about sacks in the post season but the guy had 15.5 sacks and was better vs the run this year than in years past.  He is elite and the Jags played dink and dunk the entire game and never really threatened us.  Frank Clarks sack was because Chris Jones walked him man into Lawrences lap and forced Lawrence to run into Clark.   

Not sure why I'm arguing with Timmy T tops here.  He was a first team All-Pro this year.  Lead our team in sacks with 15 from the DT position.  We don't win our only SB in 50 years without his elite play that game.   

4 hours ago, timmy_6262 said:

must of missed the part where I said EVERYONE has to play better but it starts with Jones.  He is literally the closest player to Burrow on almost every down.

Against good teams, in the playoffs, Jones doesn't pull through.  Regular season is over its the post season. Still waiting to see something in the playoffs. 

Marty's teams dominated the regular season but we all know how the post season went.

I would say this is false on it's face.  If not for Jones tipping two passes against the 49-ers in '19, we lose that game.  Period.  Plain and simple.  I believe one of his tipped passes was intercepted, but the other the WR was running WIDE open over the middle of the field and would have had a huge gain likely resulting in a score by the 9-ers and, at minimum, would have taken valuable time off the clock that Pat needed to mount the come-back.  

We all love sacks, but they're not the sole indicator of the value and production of a D-linemen.  That said, we have to get in Burrow's face or they'll score 35-plus points against our young secondary.  

6 hours ago, timmy_6262 said:

The basis of us winning on the defensive side is very simple....we need to get pressure with our front 4 only.  Their WR are too good to cover 1v1 when we blitz.  Clark, Karlaftis, Nnadi, Dunlap, Saunders, Danna, and last but not least Jones need to have a huge game and it starts with Jones.  It's time for Jones to "put up or shut up", or "shit or get off the pot"...whatever phrase you want to use but he has to perform at the elite level that he wants to be considered as.  No more "he's double-teamed" excuses, that has to end because its getting very old.  Coming up on his 14th playoff game and still zero sacks and 5 qb hits.  We aren't talking about one of the premier O-lines in the NFL this Sunday either.  I agree EVERYONE needs to step up their game on defense but he is supposed to be our best player, pro bowl, all pro, etc etc to get NOTHING from him on pass rush.  I'm tired of hearing the same excuses for the 7th straight year.

You misspelled "Clark."

1 hour ago, mex said:

You misspelled "Clark."

Clark gets sacks in the playoffs.  9 to be exact with 11 QB hits.  Chris (regular season) Jones has 0 and 5  All-Pro Chris Jones. Wanting to be highest paid DT in the NFL Chris Jones.  Elite Chris Jones

Regular season is over.  We need a playoff Jones.

1 hour ago, TomahawkChop said:

I would say this is false on it's face.  If not for Jones tipping two passes against the 49-ers in '19, we lose that game.  Period.  Plain and simple.  I believe one of his tipped passes was intercepted, but the other the WR was running WIDE open over the middle of the field and would have had a huge gain likely resulting in a score by the 9-ers and, at minimum, would have taken valuable time off the clock that Pat needed to mount the come-back.  

We all love sacks, but they're not the sole indicator of the value and production of a D-linemen.  That said, we have to get in Burrow's face or they'll score 35-plus points against our young secondary.  

no tip on the INT just pressure

I happy and grateful he did all that years ago....how about recently?  

8 minutes ago, timmy_6262 said:

no tip on the INT just pressure

I happy and grateful he did all that years ago....how about recently?  

Won't argue that, but he was a contributing factor to KC's win in 2019 - just don't overlook that fact.  It's go-time for the entire front four.  Whomever is in needs to play like their hair is on fire if the Chiefs are to win this game.  I have faith.  

54 minutes ago, xen said:

Even the sacks we got CJ was almost always causing the pressure that allowed the others to get the sacks.  That was certainly the case last week.

Yup! That's why is so important that the other guys step the hell up!

CJ is gonna CJ. He may get there and he may not. After all the other team has game planned to take him out. But, Clark, Dunlap and GK/Danna gotta step up this week. 

On 1/25/2023 at 4:17 PM, DieHard said:

Cut the bum and extend Nnadi.  That guy got a playoff sack. Yeah, that's the ticket. 

where on this thread did I ever say we should cut him?  I'm just asking for him to step up for once in the playoffs and get a sack.  Its not complicated to understand.  He is the closest to Burrow on every play and is one of the quickest DL to get off the ball and into the backfield. 

1 hour ago, timmy_6262 said:

where on this thread did I ever say we should cut him?  I'm just asking for him to step up for once in the playoffs and get a sack.  Its not complicated to understand.  He is the closest to Burrow on every play and is one of the quickest DL to get off the ball and into the backfield. 

I am agreeing with you. We’re sick of it. This whole intentionally not getting sacks in the playoffs is for the birds. Nnadi. Now that guy has a playoff sack. We got your back T dog.

2 hours ago, timmy_6262 said:

He was being facetious....sheesh....