Burrowhead Victory

6 minutes ago, xen said:

Yeah it will be tough.  Was responding to  the assertion it will be same type of matchup.  This one will come down to run D and pass pro.  Reid has 2 weeks to cobble together a passing game.

I think we’ll get our wr back minus hardman. Who looked slow anyway.

I’m more worried about gay.

8 minutes ago, xen said:

Yeah it will be tough.  Was responding to  the assertion it will be same type of matchup.  This one will come down to run D and pass pro.  Reid has 2 weeks to cobble together a passing game.

Passing game will be fine.  2 full weeks to get healthy.  We’ll be fine there.  Stopping the run is going to be the key. 

On 1/27/2023 at 2:02 PM, KC Warpaint said:

i heard an ESPN stooge say that he wants the bengals to win after all of the chiefs trash talk 🤡

You have to wonder where in hell media people hear this, or are they just making it up to sound like they have something to contribute? The Chiefs had nothing but the highest compliments for the Bengals all week, while the Bengals, from players to the goddam Mayor, were dissing the Chiefs. ESPN hires a bunch o' maroons.

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I noticed that Pacheco is being taught well how to play pass pro.  Look at this help he gave Wiley to stop Hubbard from getting to Mahomes on the TD to MVS.  If it hadn't been for Pacheco, Mahomes would have been hit before he could throw.

Very earlier in the season he made a fantastic block on that side that was even better. I thought they'd use him more in the season.

5 years as a starter:

5 straight AFC title games. 3 Super Bowl appearances. One Super Bowl trophy (hopefully two). SB MVP. Soon to be two league MVPs. It's the greatest start to a career in NFL history. So how is it so many keep putting Josh Allen and Joe Burrow in the same category as Mahomes? He is a unicorn! One of one! The resume speaks for itself.

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

Eagles are solid on the ground but not as much in the air. This one will come down to stopping the run and having them try to beat us in the air. Offense needs to score often, can't keep returning from the red zone empty handed or with just field goals. 

Well imo the Bengals have a much better offense and we held them to 20. I think they will do better than that especially if we can score fast. Then forcing them to throw will only allow us to do even better against them.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

5 years as a starter:

5 straight AFC title games. 3 Super Bowl appearances. One Super Bowl trophy (hopefully two). SB MVP. Soon to be two league MVPs. It's the greatest start to a career in NFL history. So how is it so many keep putting Josh Allen and Joe Burrow in the same category as Mahomes? He is a unicorn! One of one! The resume speaks for itself.

It’s simply because media needs clicks and views.  Slip Baseless…I mean Skip Bayless is a perfect example.  These types get attention by making baseless arguments that Mahomes is good but not great because of mechanics and the fact they have hitched their wagons to a different qb.  He even said last night that Burrow outplayed Mahomes.  Unreal.

5 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well imo the Bengals has a much better offense and we held them to 20. I think they will do better than that especially if we can score fast. Then forcing them to throw will only allow us to do even better against them.

IMO Bengals are definitely better on offense than the Eagles. They have top class receivers and solid runners. By comparison Eagles are more single dimensional which should make things easier but have a much better defense so it'll be interesting. 

6 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I noticed that Pacheco is being taught well how to play pass pro.  Look at this help he gave Wiley to stop Hubbard from getting to Mahomes on the TD to MVS.  If it hadn't been for Pacheco, Mahomes would have been hit before he could throw.

That reception late where he shed two tacklers and blew through another guy, give my man more reps catching the ball out of the backfield!  Pacheco could easily be a 1400+ all purpose yard guy given the opportunity. As you said, he was even picking up blitzers in clutch situations of the afccg, he’s a complete back. 

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Well imo the Bengals have a much better offense and we held them to 20. I think they will do better than that especially if we can score fast. Then forcing them to throw will only allow us to do even better against them.

If our offense recovers from their injuries, I like our chances.

We'll need Gay and Sneed back for damned sure.

The Philly DL is the best in the league and they are 8 deep... their lineman are always rested and their subs could start on half the teams in the NFL. Andy will need to gameplan them BIG time as our OL might not be up to the task.

It would be helpful if Patrick gets his mobility back... there were several times he tried to escape the pocket last night with plenty of room in front... but just wasn't at his normal speed and got tackled.

This game will depend entirely on how healthy we can get. Thank goodness for 2 week break.

10 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

If you notice the DB who got burned by MVS, It's Hilton. The guy who coined the name Burrowhead. 🤣🤣

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

So how is it so many keep putting Josh Allen and Joe Burrow in the same category as Mahomes? He is a unicorn! One of one! The resume speaks for itself.

It's easy to explain.  Bigger cities have bigger newspapers serving larger populations. So, they make more money than sports reporters and analysts from smaller cities, and they keep their jobs by feeding their audience what they want to hear or read.  It will always be that way.  Buffalo is still in New York state, and the overall audience is gigantic. There is no salary cap for sports reporters, so "parity" does not exist in sports journalism. Remember, it is all about money in this country.  Always was.  Always will be.  Objectivity is a DISTANT second place. That's why.

3 hours ago, moons314 said:

That reception late where he shed two tacklers and blew through another guy, give my man more reps catching the ball out of the backfield!  Pacheco could easily be a 1400+ all purpose yard guy given the opportunity. As you said, he was even picking up blitzers in clutch situations of the afccg, he’s a complete back. 

You'll see it more next season.  Guaranteed.