CHRIS MOTHEREFFIN JONES!

Stats to know

kc.png&h=110&w=110

Jones led all defensive tackles in pass rush win rate when playing the position at 21.5%. But the wild part? He did that despite being double-teamed at a league-high 69.2% rate as a defensive tackle. That's an Aaron Donald-esque combination of numbers and a reminder that while the Chiefs are the in the Super Bowl because of their offense, they have an absolute superstar on defense in Jones. He finished the regular season with 15.5 sacks (fourth in the NFL) and added two more in the AFC Championship Game win.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35552847/chiefs-eagles-super-bowl-2023-predictions-picks-odds-questions-stats-key-matchups-quarterbacks

8 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Stats to know

kc.png&h=110&w=110

Jones led all defensive tackles in pass rush win rate when playing the position at 21.5%. But the wild part? He did that despite being double-teamed at a league-high 69.2% rate as a defensive tackle. That's an Aaron Donald-esque combination of numbers and a reminder that while the Chiefs are the in the Super Bowl because of their offense, they have an absolute superstar on defense in Jones. He finished the regular season with 15.5 sacks (fourth in the NFL) and added two more in the AFC Championship Game win.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35552847/chiefs-eagles-super-bowl-2023-predictions-picks-odds-questions-stats-key-matchups-quarterbacks

The 'experts' favor the Eagles 9-3. 

I like those odds. 

Eagles already 2.5 pt favorites.

Love being the underdog.

3 minutes ago, xen said:

Better pay him quick.  There's some good young interior defenders hitting the market.  They aren't in CJs league but they're gonna set new highs for interior pass rusher and reset the pay scale.

Yup, I agree. But I do feel like CJ wants to be here and retire a chief. That feeling could change tho if the Chiefs  win the SB...But I think CJ will be reasonable just to retire a chief.

At least I hope...LOL.

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yup, I agree. But I do feel like CJ wants to be here and retire a chief. That feeling could change tho if the Chiefs  win the SB...But I think CJ will be reasonable just to retire a chief.

At least I hope...LOL.

Aaron Donald is older and got 31.6 per year.  

Quite frankly, Veech had the perfect opportunity to extend CJ this season and didn't do it. My hunch is they needed CJ to perform at the highest level possible for us to have any chance at producing a pass rush and needed him to go all out.

Now, I'm not saying that if he got his money he wouldn't go all out (15.5 sacks)...BUT....ya know...

50 minutes ago, xen said:

Aaron Donald is older and got 31.6 per year.  

but didn't CJ get like $29M this year and due somewhere about the same next? Now IIRC there is a sack incentive so another 3 yr  $100M really doesn't seem that out of line and make the last year cuttable? Anyhoo we have another year under contract now so it might be best just let it ride then tag  n trade or pay however it works out.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

but didn't CJ get like $29M this year and due somewhere about the same next? Now IIRC there is a sack incentive so another 3 yr  $100M really doesn't seem that out of line and make the last year cuttable? Anyhoo we have another year under contract now so it might be best just let it ride then tag  n trade or pay however it works out.

So 3 more years of control where he would be 32 then. 2 years being tag and he gets good money for it.