Wylie/Reddick

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I mean he allowed 9 sacks this yr and was top 5 in pressures allowed. That's not really what I'd call holding your own. If he was on roller skates, then those numbers would be impressive...

I tend to agree.... I don't so much care that he's been put into a position he's not accustomed to playing. Yeah, he is probably doing ok considering... but most fans want, above all, to see their young HOF, GOAT, franchise-saving quarterback stay healthy for a few more years. When he's getting pummeled in the pocket, fans tend to get a little critical of the OL.

In fairness, seems like the entire OL has improved this season. There was a while there last year and early this year that Patrick didn't look too confident in the pocket. That seems to have changed... big time.

6 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You arent wrong. It's the staffs choice to start him. Reid values continuity on the line. To me there's almost no way Niang or PTW wouldn't be an upgrade, but as a former line coach Reid wants that starting 5 together through thick and thin.

That doesn't mean I'm holding off on criticism. I'm way too petty for that. Congrats on taking the high road, but that dude sucks. 

So your theory is that Niang or Prince would play better but Reid uses Wylie because he's just stubborn?  Reid has been too successful to coach that way.  How do you know that either would be an upgrade?  It's just speculation (or hope).  Niang played okay for a rookie last year but we don't know that he's ready to play now.  My GUESS is that he'll start next year barring a setback or if his injury just isn't fixable.  Kinnard apparently didn't show anything and is only being talked about as interior.  Prince can't get past the back up level.  I think the coaches are making do with what they have and Wylie is it.  Don't like it, but he will play RT for the Chiefs in the SB and we all can complain the next day. 

6 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You arent wrong. It's the staffs choice to start him. Reid values continuity on the line. To me there's almost no way Niang or PTW wouldn't be an upgrade, but as a former line coach Reid wants that starting 5 together through thick and thin.

That doesn't mean I'm holding off on criticism. I'm way too petty for that. Congrats on taking the high road, but that dude sucks. 

Dupe

21 hours ago, jetlord said:

So your theory is that Niang or Prince would play better but Reid uses Wylie because he's just stubborn?  Reid has been too successful to coach that way.  How do you know that either would be an upgrade?  It's just speculation (or hope).  Niang played okay for a rookie last year but we don't know that he's ready to play now.  My GUESS is that he'll start next year barring a setback or if his injury just isn't fixable.  Kinnard apparently didn't show anything and is only being talked about as interior.  Prince can't get past the back up level.  I think the coaches are making do with what they have and Wylie is it.  Don't like it, but he will play RT for the Chiefs in the SB and we all can complain the next day. 

Been too successful to coach that way? He's done shit like this his whole career. Did you forget about Niemann and Sorenson playing last year? While Thornhill and Harris rode the bench. I think it's pretty clear now that those players were upgrades to the bums in front of them.

Dude our QB was on 1 leg last week and at one time our run pass ratio was 35/12. Just flat refusing to stick with the run. 

Reid has coached in 10 conference Championship games and has 1 ring. His stubbornness and inability to get away from it is the very reason he doesn't have a ring on every other finger. 

12 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Been too successful to coach that way? He's done shit like this his whole career. Did you forget about Niemann and Sorenson playing last year? While Thornhill and Harris rode the bench. I think it's pretty clear now that those players were upgrades to the bums in front of them.

Dude our QB was on 1 leg last week and at one time was 35/12. Just flat refusing to stick with the run. 

Reid has coached in 10 conference Championship games and has 1 ring. His stubbornness and inability to get away from it is the very reason he doesn't have a ring on every other finger. 

I Am Groot No GIF by Disney+