We held Burrow while playing 4 rookies in the secondary. Three of them were corners too. Two of them had interceptions. And the other one has the big tipped pass that caused Higgins to drop the ball. 

and that doesn’t include our 7th round rookie RB. Our rookie DE who has a sack. And our rookie WR who has a huge punt return

what a rookie class

3 hours ago, Palangi said:

I hope this draft we have similar success obviously. But hit on more trench guys DT,DE, OT,OG

Wylie should be a backup guard.  That situation needs to be addressed first. Wylie has the experience now to be an emergency OT for a game or two, as long as he has help when he is in there. Talking about the O-line, Veach will need to build up the cap space to give a major contract to Creed Humphrey when his first contract ends. We can't let what happened to Mitch Morse ever happen again.

Rodney Hudson is the best one to consider IMO. He was the best OC in the NFL and got paid accordingly. Would love to have kept him for a team-friendly amount at the right time but it wasn't possible. I think Creed should be the same, can't overpay but definitely worth keeping at a top OC money. We will likely have to replace Thuney around the same time and Smith will need to be paid as well so we might be in for a major shuffle at the line. Hopefully we find two solid OTs that will be established starters by then. 

On 1/30/2023 at 1:38 PM, Palangi said:

We held Burrow while playing 4 rookies in the secondary. Three of them were corners too. Two of them had interceptions. And the other one has the big tipped pass that caused Higgins to drop the ball. 

and that doesn’t include our 7th round rookie RB. Our rookie DE who has a sack. And our rookie WR who has a huge punt return

what a rookie class

Amazing what the rookie CBs did against the top WR group in the league.  That being said, I don't think McDuffie had his best game on Sunday.  Wasn't bad by any means, but wasn't the shut down guy we hope for.  His season has been great and he's out performed his draft position, but Sunday was average.  

22 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Amazing what the rookie CBs did against the top WR group in the league.  That being said, I don't think McDuffie had his best game on Sunday.  Wasn't bad by any means, but wasn't the shut down guy we hope for.  His season has been great and he's out performed his draft position, but Sunday was average.  

On RGR they said McDuffie struggled because Sneed went down, and he had to take his place. They speculate that if Chase went outside McDuffie had him, if he was in the slot, Sneed had him. When Sneed went down, that threw some things off. 

3 hours ago, qnet said:

On RGR they said McDuffie struggled because Sneed went down, and he had to take his place. They speculate that if Chase went outside McDuffie had him, if he was in the slot, Sneed had him. When Sneed went down, that threw some things off. 

Makes sense.

11 hours ago, qnet said:

I heard RGR say the same thing which makes their play all the better IMO..That DB Coach needs a raise