The Chiefs handling against the QB taking off running hasn't been great lately and I'm concerned about Hurts.  But they won't have to worry about the Chase/Higgins/Boyd combination and if they can get Gay, Snead, and two of their receivers healthy, they should win.  That's assuming that Kelce is 100% and Mahomes can move freely.  Standing by for all the talking heads pondering who should be MVP between Mahomes and Hurts.  

13 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

I much prefer facing Philly than San Fran, if only because I am sick of Bosa, Shanahan, and the state of California.

well all things considered and SF not having ahealthy QB.. I'm no so sure BUT  This is the SB  I wanted to see Early Season.  I cant hate on Philly I just want KC to win

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs handling against the QB taking off running hasn't been great lately and I'm concerned about Hurts.  But they won't have to worry about the Chase/Higgins/Boyd combination and if they can get Gay, Snead, and two of their receivers healthy, they should win.  That's assuming that Kelce is 100% and Mahomes can move freely.  Standing by for all the talking heads pondering who should be MVP between Mahomes and Hurts.  

Smith and Brown are no easy walks in the park but after last week's bunch I think our secondary should be a lot more comfortable handling Philly. I would imagine a bit more of a crowd in the box with Gay keeping a close eye on Hurts assuming he's healthy. Definitely need to get ahead and make them beat us in the air to eliminate both Hurts and the RBs. 

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

Philly presents an entirely different offensive dynamic than Cincy. Honestly, Cincy presents more of a danger IMO.

The Philly receivers will be good, but not next level like Cincy's trio. I mean, Chase was blanketed... but was able to use his size to high point the ball. I thought our guys did pretty good considering. 

Pretty sure if our LB corps gets healthy, we'll be able to shadow Hurt and keep his long gains to a minimum. 

Hurts is 6' 1" and that might be generous... CJ, Saunders and Danna need to get their hands up early and often.

20 minutes ago, mex said:

Philly presents an entirely different offensive dynamic than Cincy. Honestly, Cincy presents more of a danger IMO.

The Philly receivers will be good, but not next level like Cincy's trio. I mean, Chase was blanketed... but was able to use his size to high point the ball. I thought our guys did pretty good considering. 

Pretty sure if our LB corps gets healthy, we'll be able to shadow Hurt and keep his long gains to a minimum. 

Hurts is 6' 1" and that might be generous... CJ, Saunders and Danna need to get their hands up early and often.

that's where Dikembe Mutombo Dunlap comes into play th?id=OIP.ckCPOBL43IlfHofYUrL62AHaEH&pid=Api&P=0

Sneed is Important but the young secondary held up....

Philly has a GREAT Oline....Cinci did not...Pass Rush comes AFTER the run is stopped.

Hurts is not Joe Burrow or Josh Allen....but must he be accounted on the RPO every single play (( Gay or Bolton)

It's all about Mahomes. Kelce, MVS, JuJU, Toney, Mecole and their health.

w

I understand people are worried about Philly's defense but remember,

We have faced, Mack, Bosa, Von Miller, Chubb, Crosby and other top dline threats. The team should be ready for that. We have faced some pretty good secondaries. Now, go back and look at the QBs Philly has had to play this year. None of them really scare you. We played Lawrence, Herbert, Burrow, Allen, Carr...I'm not saying that we will beat the breaks off Philly, Im saying that maybe we are a little more battle tested then maybe Philly at this point. If we get back our injured players then we may fair better in the game than we think.

1 hour ago, West said:

Sneed is Important but the young secondary held up....

Philly has a GREAT Oline....Cinci did not...Pass Rush comes AFTER the run is stopped.

Hurts is not Joe Burrow or Josh Allen....but must he be accounted on the RPO every single play (( Gay or Bolton)

It's all about Mahomes. Kelce, MVS, JuJU, Toney, Mecole and their health.

w

If we keep bolting or gay on him at all times, he might not make it thru the game. He is a smaller qb and one good hit might just reinjure him or a new injury. Not that i want this to happen, but it is a risk that a running qb takes. Look at lamar, kyler murray etc lately.

I’ve seen Philly a few times, and they did look good. Having said that, if the Chiefs can get back most of their players healthy, I like their chances. If Mahomes is even better than he was in the cinnci game, as far as his health; I really like our chances. 

19 minutes ago, qnet said:

I’ve seen Philly a few times, and they did look good. Having said that, if the Chiefs can get back most of their players healthy, I like their chances. If Mahomes is even better than he was in the cinnci game, as far as his health; I really like our chances. 

Not too worried about Mahomes or Kelce.  Two weeks should be beneficial for them.  Gay didn't seem too bad off.  Sneed is a worry since it's his second concussion and he could be kept out of his most important game ever.  Hardman is probably done for the year and for the Chiefs forever.  JuJu and Toney are questions we won't even be able to guess about until next week.  Watson was out ill so I would expect him back in two weeks and good to go.  All of this is just guess work and based on talking heads that know no more than us about the health of the players.