5 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Pretty cool that it's right up the 101. Took a glance at the tickets. $5000 minimum to get into the building. Son's thinking about it. I'm thinking Joe's from KC and my lucky chair. 

I was just sent a link..corner endzone about midway up $4950

I can make my own BBQ but I think wings wil be in order and other finger munchns..maybe some epic Mac n Cheese

Not to dampen the spirit today... but don't forget we're going to be battling two opponents in the Super Bowl:

The NFL announced the crew of officials that will handle Super Bowl 57 on February 7, 2021. Carl Cheffers will serve as the referee and effectively the crew chief. This is his third Super Bowl and he has officiated 17 career playoff games. This will also be Cheffers second time as ref in the last three seasons, as he was the head official in the Buccaneers win over the Chiefs. His first Super Bowl assignment came in 2017 when Tom Brady and the Patriots overcame a 28-3 deficit in the third quarter to win.

Cheffers appointment to the game doesn’t come without controversy, as his crews have been one of the flag-heaviest in the league. This season they led the league in flags thrown per game and yards awarded. They also led in both categories in 2021 and wereTop 4 in both in 2020. The appointments are made by the league’s internal grades of the officials and the NFL must like penlaty flags.

Super Bowl referees 2023: Who are the officials for Super Bowl 57 - DraftKings Nation

Just now, kkuenn said:

Not really but it is not like he favors the eagles.....

Pretty sure it was a public outcry on social media when Chiefs fans looked at his stats... he knows he's being watched like a hawk this time... hopefully he'll be a little more neutral. 

1 minute ago, mex said:

Pretty sure it was a public outcry on social media when Chiefs fans looked at his stats... he knows he's being watched like a hawk this time... hopefully he'll be a little more neutral. 

Yeah, hesitant to throw that flag for fear of crying again.

12 minutes ago, SEMO said:

This might be the longest game in Superbowl history.

However long it is, we need to break the trend.

Chiefs are 2-2 in SBs. 

The two wins came in even-numbered SB years... 1970 and 2020.  Two losses came in 1967 and 2021.

Let's fix that this year.

6 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Pretty cool that it's right up the 101. Took a glance at the tickets. $5000 minimum to get into the building. Son's thinking about it. I'm thinking Joe's from KC and my lucky chair. 

Man!  Sitting out here in AZ and the Chiefs playing a short drive away would sure fill a big gap in my bucket list.  But that many shekels for a game sure is steep.  Guess we'll stick to plan A which includes tons of smoked pork chops and all the fixins at the annual SB party here. 

We have a small group here that watch the game together. A few years ago it turned into somewhat of a rule "if your team is playing, you are hosting". I'll be the proud host for the 3rd time in 4 years and more than happy to continue doing so :D There's a KC style BBQ place that will be providing the primary "entertainment" and I'll yet again be lazy enough to just go pick it up. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

We have a small group here that watch the game together. A few years ago it turned into somewhat of a rule "if your team is playing, you are hosting". I'll be the proud host for the 3rd time in 4 years and more than happy to continue doing so :D There's a KC style BBQ place that will be providing the primary "entertainment" and I'll yet again be lazy enough to just go pick it up. 

sounds perfect to me!

I'm not a SB party guy when the Chiefs are in it. I've been to other team's parties and the background noise bothers me. People yapping about things in the background, etc. If it were all diehard Chiefs fans? Maybe. I just prefer to sit in my recliner, drinking craft NA beers, eating BBQ from KC and screaming at the TV for 3hours with my son. 

Being in the area as well I just can’t spend that kind of money.  The city is already crazy packed w the Barrett Jackson and the horse show.  With probably around 600k plus ppl for the Waste Management I’m sure it’s going to be even worse to be out and about for the big game.