Injury Thread

With so many players hurt, I figured it was time to start a single thread where we can post any news about the injury report. 

Looks like the initial prognosis on Gay is favoprable... and according to this report he thinks he's good to go in two weeks:

Chiefs’ Willie Gay gets promising injury update ahead of Super Bowl vs. Eagles (msn.com)

1 minute ago, mex said:

With so many players hurt, I figured it was time to start a single thread where we can post any news about the injury report. 

Looks like the initial prognosis on Gay is favoprable... and according to this report he thinks he's good to go in two weeks:

Chiefs’ Willie Gay gets promising injury update ahead of Super Bowl vs. Eagles (msn.com)

Any word on the rest?

JuJu, Toney and Sneed?

I don't expect anything on Sneed until next week as he'll likely be kept out of everything for now. Hopefully he'll not have any issues with the concussion and clear the protocol but the news of that will come a bit later.

Surprised there's nothing on Juju so far. 

Only issue with Sneed is that he had the concussion earlier so the league will demand more caution than usual.  We won't hear anything solid until after the Chiefs' practice here next week.  I believe the positive report that Gay's injury looked good on X-ray but the Chiefs just don't release those reports until required by the NFL.   Getting Toney back seems just as important as JuJu since Hardman is probably a no go.  Need some speed.  Has Moore earned back his punt return job?

9 minutes ago, artsy said:

Mmm....I wouldn't go that far quite yet...It is the SB. I think if Toney is healthy, we go that route first.

Probably, but is it worth risking further injury to Toney if Moore can do the job?  Sticking with Butker paid off.  Players, especially rookies, do learn and play better with confidence that comes with a game winning return. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Probably, but is it worth risking further injury to Toney if Moore can do the job?  Sticking with Butker paid off.  Players, especially rookies, do learn and play better with confidence that comes with a game winning return. 

true but did not his returning woes start in an indoor stadium? Tat's my memory but I am often wrong..It's not that I dont like Moore I just feel better when he's not fieldling punts. Butker kicking extra points gives me enough anxiety

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

true but did not his returning woes start in an indoor stadium? Tat's my memory but I am often wrong..It's not that I dont like Moore I just feel better when he's not fieldling punts. Butker kicking extra points gives me enough anxiety

Well, I get anxious every time Mahomes drops back and he's the best in the business.  🙂

Table inside Article
Player Position Injury Wed. Thurs. Fri. Game
Mecole Hardman WR Pelvis DNP      
JuJu Smith-Schuster WR Knee DNP      
L'Jarius Sneed CB Concussion DNP      
Kadarius Toney WR Ankle / Hamstring DNP      
Willie Gay LB Shoulder LP      
Trey Smith G Ankle LP      
Isiah Pacheco RB Wrist FP      
Patrick Mahomes QB Ankle FP      
Jerick McKinnon RB Ankles FP      
Justin Watson WR Illness FP

On 2/1/2023 at 4:32 PM, oldtimer said:

He was back there because we had no one else.  He did a great job but one turnover could be all the difference in a game of this magnitude it also could crush his confidence moving forward.  Toney then Watson and then Moore (assuming Hardman is a no go).   

Watson was sick so he will be back.   Gotta hope you at least get one of the two ( Toney or Juju) back to pair with MVS, Moore, and Watson.  Would be better to get Juju and Toney back but if we could get a least one of those guys to pair with those other 3 we should be ok.  Gotta think the cold made an impact in the injuries this past week something that shouldn't be a factor in Arizona.    

Hoping they all get back well.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Watson was sick so he will be back.   Gotta hope you at least get one of the two ( Toney or Juju) back to pair with MVS, Moore, and Watson.  Would be better to get Juju and Toney back but if we could get a least one of those guys to pair with those other 3 we should be ok.  Gotta think the cold made an impact in the injuries this past week something that shouldn't be a factor in Arizona.    

Hoping they all get back well.

Gotta think Hardman has played his last game as a Chief.  Toney sounds almost certain to play and JuJu seems pretty likely also.  Watson is probably a for sure thing also unless he was sick with leprosy or some shit.