Injury Thread

7 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Gotta think Hardman has played his last game as a Chief.  Toney sounds almost certain to play and JuJu seems pretty likely also.  Watson is probably a for sure thing also unless he was sick with leprosy or some shit.  

Agree Reese.  Pretty sad that he couldn't finish strong. I truly believe he would have really helped us down the stretch. As much juice as Toney has he didn't have the long speed of Hardman.   Thats great news about Toney and Juju, however I worry Toney can never be counted on to be durable.  Maybe a full offseason with our training team but not holding my breath.  If he can be a dominant force next Sunday it won't matter if he is a porcelain doll or not he will have been worth the trade if for nothing else.   

You think Veach is gonna try and get Mahomes #1 WR this offseason?  I know we let Hill go and he can do it without one but you never want to Mahomes to bear the entire load and Kelce is getting older.  Just curious what your thoughts are.  

6 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Agree Reese.  Pretty sad that he couldn't finish strong. I truly believe he would have really helped us down the stretch. As much juice as Toney has he didn't have the long speed of Hardman.   Thats great news about Toney and Juju, however I worry Toney can never be counted on to be durable.  Maybe a full offseason with our training team but not holding my breath.  If he can be a dominant force next Sunday it won't matter if he is a porcelain doll or not he will have been worth the trade if for nothing else.   

You think Veach is gonna try and get Mahomes #1 WR this offseason?  I know we let Hill go and he can do it without one but you never want to Mahomes to bear the entire load and Kelce is getting older.  Just curious what your thoughts are.  

Well the WR is deep this draft. I think getting one would not be unusual in round 2 or 3. Go well with Toney, Moore, mvs if retained and especially if we resign JuJu.  I could also see us taking one in FA? Some FA wr in 2023 link below.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/?ref=trending-pages

Just now, Lamardirts said:

I kinda think the plan is to do the JuJu and MVS types.  Agree with Kelce.  He's obviously still the best in the game, but feels like his drop off could be pretty steep when it happens.  I'm not as sold on Fortson and Gray as a lot of people here are.   Fortson is going to be 28 next year and has 155 career yards.  That's such a big part of Pat's game is the tight end in the middle of the field.  I would be down with Michael Mayer in the first.  And I hope JuJu is back.  There's not any other free agent receivers that are as good of mix of youth and production as him.  And he seems to be a pretty good team mate.  The MVS contract is a problem for what you get from him.  I'd be pretty happy with Kelce, JuJu, MVS, Skyy, Mayer, Gray and a couple of Schmucks.  

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

but feels like his drop off could be pretty steep when it happens. 

His drop off won't be steep as long as Patrick has a few respectable weapons. If we end up without quality receivers like we did against Cincy, Kelce won't have the numbers we're used to seeing from him.

On 2/2/2023 at 4:23 PM, kkuenn said:

Well the WR is deep this draft. I think getting one would not be unusual in round 2 or 3. Go well with Toney, Moore, mvs if retained and especially if we resign JuJu.  I could also see us taking one in FA? Some FA wr in 2023 link below.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/?ref=trending-pages

Tbh after the last few years this WR draft class is underwhelming.  Definitely not the same quality or depth we've been seeing.  FA class nothing to write home about either.  The few that can still play will get bank.

37 minutes ago, xen said:

Tbh after the last few years this WR draft class is underwhelming.  Definitely not the same quality or depth we've been seeing.  FA class nothing to write home about either.  The few that can still play will get bank.

Yeah I'm a homer but Parris Campbell could be a steal...

2 hours ago, xen said:

Feel like Veach knew this and it is why he has been adding wrs all year to future contracts.   

On 2/3/2023 at 1:17 AM, Lamardirts said:

With Sean Payton in the division I'm guessing Veach would focus more on protecting Mahomes from dirty hits to avoid injuries. 

On the WR side I think Juju is the type of #1-ish WR that would help Mahomes. As we have seen this year the focus will likely be high number of weapons to distract the defenses. 

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

Sneed says he has cleared the concussion protocol and will play.  Toney says he will definitely play on Sunday.  So nothing is official and players like to sound upbeat, but it's still good news for those of us who can't wait until Wednesday to see who will be available.  l

HELL YEAH.

7 minutes ago, artsy said:

Any word on Juju??

Ok...Nevermind. I found out!

Andy Reid asked about JuJu Smith-Schuster and Kadarius Toney and their injuries. The WRs practiced yesterday and will practice today. “They look good. We’ll see how it goes the rest of the week.”