Injury Thread

13 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Whenever I see someone with leprosy I say "What's eating you?".  It's a fun icebreaker and I think they appreciate some levity.  

I, too, have always found levity to be the best approach when talking to lepers.  You should also act interested and be sure to ask them how are things down at the colony? They appreciate that.

23 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I, too, have always found levity to be the best approach when talking to lepers.  You should also act interested and be sure to ask them how are things down at the colony? They appreciate that.

"Lend me your ears."

Always say that before speaking at the colony.

6 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I have a feeling if he plays and stays in the game, Toney is going to have a breakout game on the big stage. 

He needs to alter or do something different this offseason for training. Get his injuries to be a thing of the past and get a full year with him from training camp and on.

7 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

He needs to alter or do something different this offseason for training. Get his injuries to be a thing of the past and get a full year with him from training camp and on.

Yea, I agree. I think he needs to start with adding some weight/muscle to his frame..Dude is super skinny.

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Those 2 are critical.  Toney can do any of the gadget shit Hardman could have.  But you gotta have legit targets other than Kelce.  

Gotta have that speed to keep the double teams off of Kelce. The Eagles WILL go man.

It's up to JuJu, MVS and Toney (and hopefully McKinnon on wheel routes and screens) to get them off of Kelce.

44 minutes ago, mex said:

Gotta have that speed to keep the double teams off of Kelce. The Eagles WILL go man.

It's up to JuJu, MVS and Toney (and hopefully McKinnon on wheel routes and screens) to get them off of Kelce.

Yup, I've already heard that Philly will play a shit ton of man defense for the game. And, just like every other game, they'll focus on taking Kelce away.

3 hours ago, artsy said:

Yup, I've already heard that Philly will play a shit ton of man defense for the game. And, just like every other game, they'll focus on taking Kelce away.

This is what worries me. They have  2 maybe 3 big time corners and there’s no one except kelce that can beat man coverage. They will rush 4 use a spy on mahomes and play man. 

3 hours ago, artsy said:

You've "heard?"  Where?  I heard something from my step mom the other day.  Not that you are wrong, but some sort of source would help me.

8 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

This is what worries me. They have  2 maybe 3 big time corners and there’s no one except kelce that can beat man coverage. They will rush 4 use a spy on mahomes and play man. 

Man coverage can be beat with the right calls. Slants and digs, comeback and pivot routes are all timing-based and can work even in tight coverage. 

Andy likes using formations and motion to create mismatches which can be less effective against top-tier secondaries.

That said, not sure if the Eagles are top-tier. They are 13th overall in completion percentage... which seems good... but the opposing QB/offenses they faced weren't exactly top-tier this year... especially when compared to our schedule.

Top secondary (lowest completion percentage) in the league: Cincinnati.

We hung with them, using guys who had more special teams tackles than receptions in 2022. 

I'm cautiously optimistic we'll be able to move the ball.

We need to employ the same 'spy' strategy with Bolton and Gay... we know Hurts will be running the ball. That's my biggest concern.

10 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

MVS and Toney have decent speed and Juju isn't bad either. If the OL holds up I think there's going to be some separation to take advantage of. Kelce will command double teams all game long and that's going to hamper the defense.