Frank Clark

15 minutes ago, bamaroyal said:

I have been complaining about him since he got here, but this kind of changed my image of him.

https://twitter.com/insidetheNFL/status/1620568336810532864?s=20&t=CpsaPMwQCThNEt49EWQWXw

He hasn't lived up to the contract probably, but I think he gets a bad rap.  I think you could argue that we don't make 2 of the 3 Super Bowls without him.  

4 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

He hasn't lived up to the contract probably, but I think he gets a bad rap.  I think you could argue that we don't make 2 of the 3 Super Bowls without him.  

so you want to keep him? He missed how many games this year ?

3 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I agree with somewhat of the appreciation for clark, but he makes/made waaaay too much money to only give 100% in 2 or 3 games per season. 

Teams don’t fear Frank like they do with the elite rushers the Chiefs faced during the year. He is fine if he costs 1/3 to 1/4 of the contract he got. He isn’t fine if he siphons money away from us being able to get more depth and impact players. If he played the way he does in the playoffs year round, he’d justify the contract.

27 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Yes, if the price is right.  Some team will overpay him and he's probably gone, but if the Chiefs can sign him for less than $10 million, that would fill a gap in the roster that would occur if Dunlap and Clark move on.  

25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I must have missed the part where I talked about keeping him.  I remember the part about saying he was pretty important in getting to a couple Super Bowls.  And I remember a time when that was a big deal around here.  

He missed 2 games this year.  He's not the dominant force I hoped he'd be, but he has been pretty freaking good at some pretty freaking important times.  I said nothing more than that.  

Frank Clark is a fine upstanding person and a model citizen.

His contributions for the Chiefs and the State of Missouri are legendary... epic, even.

His talents on the field are only surpassed by his modest contract and his will to succeed at all costs.

NOT.

Frank Clark SUCKS

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

I must have missed the part where I talked about keeping him.  I remember the part about saying he was pretty important in getting to a couple Super Bowls.  And I remember a time when that was a big deal around here.  

He missed 2 games this year.  He's not the dominant force I hoped he'd be, but he has been pretty freaking good at some pretty freaking important times.  I said nothing more than that.  

Ahh, but you violated the rules of the player bashing mob.  Can't be logical when it comes to Clark, Fisher, OBJ, Wylie, Hitchens, and others who don't consistently perform at an all-pro level.  

Just now, mex said:

If you are consistently paid like an all-pro, you should consistently play like an all-pro.

Like CJ.

Like Patrick.

Like Creed. 

That's my issue.  I join in the "Clark is overpaid" chorus, but won't bash him as a substandard player.   Some seem to think that since he is overpaid, he's worthless. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

That's my issue.  I join in the "Clark is overpaid" chorus, but won't bash him as a substandard player.   Some seem to think that since he is overpaid, he's worthless. 

the word "worthless" never  was written and and for his salary he is substandard. Now say if he'd renegotiate and take  50%of his upcoming $30M would be about the ONLY way I'd  welcome him back. It's all a worthless discussion. He wont take a pay cut and If Veach has a lick of sense  Clark wont be back. Even let go he's a $9Mil liability

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I only say worthless because it's fun sayin' it.

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

You skipped the other part.  He was voted by the players to be a top 100 player twice.  That list is considered pretty legit.  

I see what you're saying but....

Frank Clark sucks.