Super Bowl LVII

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

gonna be tough 

Saw on nfl network today the advantages our offense has over their defense.

Chiefs are ranked 8th in red zone rushing ypc, eagles are 32nd against the run. Chiefs are 2nd in pressure against the qb while eagles are 18th when pressured.

When we got pressure, we allowed the fewest yards in the league. In the playoffs we have 3 ints, leads all teams and a 2.3% passer rating when we get pressure. Hurts had the 12th rated passer rating when pressured.

Chiefs ranked 1st in intermediate throws, under 10 air yards while Eagles were ranked 20th defensively against it. Kelce was the nfl leader on these throws with 627 yards and 9 tds from it.

You can see the video of this and the advantages for the eagles against us. Biggest take away was their running between the tackles against us, hurts as a scrambler and throws from 10 to 20 yards. Again I have and others said it, stop the run, spy Hurts and make them play catch up would be huge for us.

https://www.nfl.com/network/shows/nfl-total-access

Not sure about the Eagles defense.  On paper it looks good, but look at the QBs they have faced.  Rogers, Lawrence, Dak (2), and Goff.  All of them put up a good number of points   They dominated a number of below average QBs and padded their stats there.  Got to give them credit for all the sacks, but they haven't faced many elite QBs this season.  They will in about 10 days.  

@jetlord  They didn't even have to face Dak twice, when they beat the Cowboys, I am pretty sure Cooper rush started.

33 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Not sure about the Eagles defense.  On paper it looks good, but look at the QBs they have faced.  Rogers, Lawrence, Dak (2), and Goff.  All of them put up a good number of points   They dominated a number of below average QBs and padded their stats there.  Got to give them credit for all the sacks, but they haven't faced many elite QBs this season.  They will in about 10 days.  

They won the NFC so I'm guessing they must have done some things right and must be a decent force on both sides of the ball already. The big difference is that with Mahomes we will win against any team as long as we keep doing the right things. One thing I heard about their DL is that they do a good job of identifying the opposing OL weaknesses and scheme towards that instead of "let's do our thing". Reid will have to be creative to make sure guys like Wylie don't end up being too much of a liability. 

22 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

The black QB think is stupid. If you care what color the player is maybe you should look at yourself because you have an issue. The brothers thing is cool hard to believe the first and the Andy Reid thing. But please can we get away from caring what color someone is.

and if this topic goes 1 bit further in CTO I'll delete it..take it to the LR where there is already a thread about that crap

2 hours ago, qnet said:

I've had a few Eagles games on TV in my city. I admit to doing others things while the game was airing, but what little I saw; they looked pretty dominate. I like that the Chiefs are battle-tested

Remember too how Mahomes has done in his career against top rated defenses. He just steps it up and wins.

For all of those who think the Eagles will roll the Chiefs. Consider this. The Chiefs had the NFL’s absolute toughest schedule this season. The Eagles had the second Easiest schedule this year. It’s not a guarantee that the Eagles, who rolled through the regular season and playoffs, will outright win the Super Bowl. They have not faced opposition like the Chiefs yet all year. 

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/2022-nfl-strength-of-schedule/amp/?fbclid=IwAR3Z2PFrH4TXBFHjwKaxzQd_FBY-XIIblILYwCZPRs_JDvgtOwciXwWqYbU

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Anybody buy AFC Championship gear? Seems like a waste regardless of Super Bowl outcome. 

I don't buy the division winner or conference championship gear. To me, wearing that stuff is like the Colts raising playoff participation banners. 

I did, however, buy a sweet long- sleeve tee from when we beat SF. Looking forward to buying another one after we beat the Iggles.